FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

clear stats and logs

DeadX
is there an way to clear out the webalizer stats and logs ?
They just take up space and most of the stats files generated by webalizer are for subdomains under my domain that aren't used anymore.
Those files seems to have 'root' uid and gid,
is that because a user may not delete them because they are used for something, or is that just because it's generated by webalizer ?
cavbela
it is very old topic but i have same problem. i can delete stats but i cant delete logs. are there any solutions. .
silverdown
the only person who can clear them is maybe account creator if they have the ability to or bondings the owner of the servers & site.
Bondings
If I'm not mistaken, the space isn't counted towards your disk usage (I mean the 250MB). And yes, unless there is some option in DA for it (which I doubt), you shouldn't be able to remove them. The stats might also be useful to me in case of hacking attempts or abuse.
nhuabo
I have the same problem,it seems that no solution exists.
But the logs directory take up too much space,I don't know what it can do.
And that I have more than one domain,under each of them,there is a directory called logs...
Animal
nhuabo wrote:
I have the same problem,it seems that no solution exists.
But the logs directory take up too much space...

Bondings wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, the space isn't counted towards your disk usage (I mean the 250MB).

The size of the log directory doesn't count towards your 250Mb, so there is no need to delete it.