FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Creating something?

ncwdavid
Hey, I have this ebook which I am learning PHP and MySQL from and in one part of the ebook there is a section called "Creating a new database" and it gives you these kind of instructions to put into a client??????:

CREATE DATABASE databasename
SHOW DATABASES
DROP DATABASE databasename

It gives instructions like that and by this point I hope you know what I am talkling about. Does anyone know where to get this client or how to create one or install one? Thank you!
eepman
If you're hosting on frihost, which I hope you are then just go into your directadmin/cpanel and go to the mysql or databases section. Then click add new or create database and put the information in like it says in the book. Then to use those queries you can use the phpmyadmin tool, which is also accessible from the directadmin database section. Hope this helps.
ncwdavid
eepman wrote:
If you're hosting on frihost, which I hope you are then just go into your directadmin/cpanel and go to the mysql or databases section. Then click add new or create database and put the information in like it says in the book. Then to use those queries you can use the phpmyadmin tool, which is also accessible from the directadmin database section. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick reply. I knew that stuff already but I jst want to follow the instructions exactly as they are in the book as it would make it alot easier but thanks anyway!
mathiaus
I believe it is refering to the mysql command line client. This is only availiable if you have root access which here at Frihost you don't have. If you were to install mysql on your own PC though you would be able to use it then Smile
ganbate
i prefer that you install mysql on your own pc, so that you can have all the access.

you can download the installer from mysql.com.