FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

General Info on starting a website

I really would like to start my own website, but I really don't have much of a clue on what to do. If anyone has any suggestions, or maybe a guide or something, that would be great! I just don't want to mess up or so something wrong, you know?
eepman
If you're programming in html, it's very impossible for something dangerously irreversible to happen. Html is used to make personal static sites. They change by editing the source code. You can use tools like www.nvu.com to start with a graphical environment, BUT I suggest learning the actual html and css at http://www.w3schools.com/
Blaster
Well if you are starting then frihosti s a great place to learn. If you need help when you sign up just send me a pm and i will help you. My suggestion to you is you first get maybe a templete and upload that practice stuff and teach yourself on that then build your own site.
mOrpheuS
guest wrote:
I really would like to start my own website, but I really don't have much of a clue on what to do. If anyone has any suggestions, or maybe a guide or something, that would be great! I just don't want to mess up or so something wrong, you know?

As a beginner, you should try using a WYSIWYG tool like Frontpage or Dreamweaver.
You just have to slap on the layout, images, write the stuff you need ... just as you would when creating a word document.
The tool outputs your page in HTML format.

You can upload these HTML pages to your FRIHost account, and they become instantly available as your website (yourdomain.frih.net)
It's as simple as that.

Ofcourse you can also do more advanced stuff at FRIHost as you go along.
FRIHost has a very extensive featureset to satisfy everyone ... from beginners to advanced users.
phozy
I really need some help on creating a website,but i haven got a clue on how to start.
rajhank
phozy wrote:
I really need some help on creating a website,but i haven got a clue on how to start.

Now that u r on Frihost, it is very easy for u to start a website.

Firstly, go on Tutorials, and learn new things from there.

Then, go to various threads in the HTML Section and then start off to make ur own new website.

Boo hoo!
analfabeta
Try learn about what is better and semantic correctly in webdevelopment. Sometimes, you can make a website easy, but is not good for many other. . .

Always think in other side of monitor...