FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Just a suggestion

Jeff_vella_leone
I realy found it a good idea to see who is current with the forum or not with the points method.
But i think it would be improved by giving a chance to those that r fluent with forum not to deduct their points.
ex make a comand like ad +7.00 point for those who post 7 posts in a week
and if he post more u add him a point from his deducted once or give him bonus point into his points something like that.
Just to make a difference between those that r fluent with forum and those who r not so
ex: that just post once a month, they post enough to remain good in points
it could be done too instead of 7 in a week 2 every day could be good too.

Its just an idea,trye to help thats all
ty for frihost great forum
mathiaus
I dont understand what you mean by fluent with the forum Confused
But I dont like this idea to mutch. It may just be the way you presented it but it seemed confusing and its rather pointless changing from a simple and effective method to a more complicated method. This may put people off joining as well if they arent able to work out wether they can manage their posts or not.
Jeff_vella_leone
i never said to change the method frihost is useing,instead i said to make something more, added to it not make the example i said instead of the current method.
Like it is now its fine I only said a suggestion to distinguish the memberst that are fluent(participate more in the forum).
I will repeat my suggestion maybe more clear:

U can add a feature or command that those who post a number of post a day or a week( u decide ) wont get points deducted (u know the 1 point deducted every day) I added too that it could be even more fair to make them increase their points if they havent full points (point not=frish),like a bonus for being very active (maybe it would have a higher number of posts per day or week to have the bonus u know)

Its easy to understand; those who participate regularly will have full points(points=frish) with the method i said for sure, and those that aren't so much participating will have some points deducted like it is now,still they will get their chance to gain it back with their partecipation with the bonus suggestion.

I hope u understend it now
Bockman
Jeff i think your seing it the other way around.

What would distinguish regular members from ocasional ones would be the FRIH$. you can relate the post count with the FRIH$ and see how active a user is.

The point system was created for account management and not for forum recognition. It is used by us to manage your hosted accounts.

Be Well Cool
Blazole
may i just ask, how do you use the points system regarding the hosting. Just interested to know. Im not going to try and beat the system or anything. Ive made 56 posts in 1 day anyway. Just interested in seing how it works thats all
mOrpheuS
If I understand the original post right, what Jeff_vella_leone wanted to say is that there should be a way by which members who are regular on the forums are rewarded more (points) than those who post in short bursts.

eg., member A posts 60 posts in half an hour and then doesn't show up for the rest of the month. (given the flood limit of a minimum of 30 seconds between consecutive posts)

on the other hand, member B make an equal number of posts at a rate of 2 posts daily.

the idea being, making a distinction between member A & member B.
and rewardind member A more than member B

p.s. - the idea looks good on paper (LCD or CRT) but I thinks it's going to be too difficult to implement.
Bockman
mOrpheuS wrote:
If I understand the original post right, what Jeff_vella_leone wanted to say is that there should be a way by which members who are regular on the forums are rewarded more (points) than those who post in short bursts.

eg., member A posts 60 posts in half an hour and then doesn't show up for the rest of the month.
while member B posts 2 posts each day.

the idea being, making a distinction between the member A & member B.

I understood exactly that. But the account management isn't done that way and the rules don't follow that idea. I do like the idea, but on FRIHost, points are used in another manner.

It may be rearranged though. let's see what the chances of makingf those changes to the sistem points are. this IF the idea is aproved.

Be Well Cool
snowboardalliance
Maybe, the max points (45) could start at like 30. But people who are active get a higher limit (like the normal 45). This would make it good for people who are active, but on vacation, but it could not be used by non-active members.
Jeff_vella_leone
Snow that was my aim to make members that post regularly in no need of watching for points because they will know they can gain what they lost with that method. And even makes more memers allive, i saw some members points with great frish(>1000) but their points r like 50 so i get an idea that this guy doesnt post for forum but maye just to have a web host just to keep it above 0 but then i think again and see there r many different reasons y his points r so low(maybe he was on holiday and when he came back his points got low etc).
I think if somone is an acctive member he got to have high points and i think it would only be fair to give an opportunity for that guy to gain his points back thats all.
Only those that are realy active would be easy for them to gain their points back those that are not it would be harder etc so u could level guys that r active more afficiently like that.
For example u could see that in this forum there r (ex number)500 members that post (example limit number)14 posts a week cos their point would be equal to frish.
It is good too, to give a member like to say his statistics if he is not posting enough he would know and maybe improve it because his points arent as his fish or far away. And if he is good he would know that he is like a good member of the forum he would feel more participating in it and more happy.
Like it is now no one can say that accuratly if someone is a very good member, a good member, a normal member etc..{reason mainly there is no boundry for points and if they make one u cant tell what can happen to that member to make impossible for him)
I think this suggestion could solve this problem and some oe said i practice its hard, i dont know about html thing but if someoe could make cool comands to make a forum like this i think it would be easy to make a comand like:
{if member _______ post= (ex)14 in a week then add +7 points to member_______}Just not to deduct his points and u dont need to change the -1 point every day comand neighter
The other comand would be like:
(If member_______post=20 in a week add+1 point to member_______}
And oviosly u dont have to increase fish too (dont know if this is hard or not)Maybe it can be improved too
Im open to suggestions if u think thers a better way just tell me
ty for replying good day
Jeff_vella_leone
Was the idea implemented or not?
because i saw a guy with 3 points more then his frish, a guy named 'dule'
10x for reply.
mOrpheuS
Jeff_vella_leone wrote:
i saw some members points with great frish(>1000) but their points r like 50 so i get an idea that this guy doesnt post for forum but maye just to have a web host just to keep it above 0 but then i think again and see there r many different reasons y his points r so low(maybe he was on holiday and when he came back his points got low etc).

Jeff_vella_leone wrote:
Was the idea implemented or not?
because i saw a guy with 3 points more then his frish, a guy named 'dule'
10x for reply.

I think that we need a little clarification here.
FRIH$ and Points are earned in the equal amount based on number of posts and their quality.
But that's where the similarity ends.

FRIH$ stay with you as long as you don't spend them.
whereas, you lose points on a daily basis (if you have a hosting account)
also, no matter how many points you have at a moment, come the next day, they are reset to 45.
(which is probably the reason why you see people with 1000+ FRIH$, but only ~50 points)
it's done that way, so that no member (even the very active ones) can not show up for more than 45 days at a stretch.

hope I was able to get through.
Wink
Jeff_vella_leone
blazole, how i thought it will be, it wont matter how much posts u do daily just if u acceed a certain limit u get an extra point not added to ur frish,if u post every day for a week it wont deduct the everyday -1 point for that week, yes this could vary doesnt depend on me i just proposed the idea around it. I think personally its better to post 3 times daily then a big chunk one time and abandon forum tor the rest of the days.
Jeff_vella_leone
morpheus so ur saying that we can spend frish (didnt know that)
Tell me how exactly?Webhosting?
and ur saying no one can have more than 45 points
didnt understand exactly this point and y its like that doesnt make sens
i saw one with over 90 points and frish
im confused.
I think some one needs to clarify me how the system works exactly because i think i have misunderstood it.
ty.
mathiaus
Does nobody read other topicsabout poijnts and $FRI's?? there must be at least 20-30+

anyways....
Points. There is a maximum 45 a day. You can exceed this limit but when your 1 point for the day is taken away if you had over 45 points the number is lowered back down to 45 whether you had 47 or 50000.
This is so that nobody posts a lot in one day and then isnt seen again for 6 months (45 days to be exact!).

$FRI. At the moment not mutch use but can be used to buy a sig, avatar etc or just for some help or something. Bondings has hinted that at a later stage they could be used to buy domains or the such but if this happens it wont be for a while I would'nt have though so basiclly save them untill they do have a real good purpose!

Webhosting is payed for by your points (1 a day automaticly). $FRI's can be spent currently in the marketplace forum. Give your money to them by clicking 'Donate'
wistom
This is very good suggestion i think . for us have to travel for few days, that we cant on the forums, so the points become very litte maybe become negative. if we take his suggestion i think we still can come bake.
mOrpheuS
Jeff_vella_leone wrote:
morpheus so ur saying that we can spend frish (didnt know that)
Tell me how exactly?Webhosting?
and ur saying no one can have more than 45 points
didnt understand exactly this point and y its like that doesnt make sens
i saw one with over 90 points and frish
im confused.
I think some one needs to clarify me how the system works exactly because i think i have misunderstood it.
ty.

As of now, you can use your FRIH$ for getting custom graphics (sigs, avatars, logos, banners etc...), mods installations, and any other kind of service that somebody is willing to offer, in exchange for FRIH$.
In that respect, FRIH$ is like a currency of appreciation.
And in future, you may find more use for it.
This is the place to trade things with FRIH$ - Marketplace

As for the other question, as mathiaus said, the points are reset every 24 hours, so you might have seen a person with 90 points, but the next day, his points will come down to 45 again.
Jeff_vella_leone
dam i posted a post that is not present here dont know why maybe it cancelled for some reason nvm
I said:
Not knowing the 45 thing limit i miscalculated everything
After a better recalculation i think that what i said is crap if the reset to 45 thing is applied
So i appologise for my stupid idea
After thinking a lot how to have the same advantages of the idea and not changing much the system i come with a new idea much similar to the one i explained just more complicated to understand this time.
The reset to 45 thing is there only to make sure that people ar active not less then 45 days right!!
So if it is changed instead in a way u dont need the reset thing and having the same result(memers have to post in 45 days most)
I think it solve the problem,if only this is accaptale.
Now ur asking how could this be possible right?
I think there is a way but the system that is used now have to change a little bit. The thing is that instead of having a 0 limit we have points -45 less the frish, so i explain myself instead of a member fearing not to have 0 points he would fear for having 45 less points then his frish (or it can be made 50 to make calculation easyer).
I understand that its not easy as it seems
There r many problems if this is applied like make it harder for member to keep up with points, because when a member posts he is adding his frish and his points and so he is remaining in the same place.
This could be solved by giving extra points for lenght posts and post in the same day (ex if memer posts 2 posts he get 2 extra points not added to his frish)
An other method could be giving an extra point not added to the frish for every post
There r many methods to solve this problem
best one i think would be posts every day (ex add +5 points(not added to the frish) for every memer that posts at least 3 posts daily){oviosly variables could change as its needed}. This solves the problem of guys posting a big chunk for only one day and leaves the rest of the days.
But i would prefair not only apply this method i just mentioned
Other like weekly active members should have bonus points too (ex minimum 4 posts every day for a week to have an extra 10 points added to the points only) Just an example
AS far as i know this will keep the original advantages of the suggestion i mentioned on my first post because the points wont be reset(not needed anymore)
AND very important leaving the rest of the system as it is
If there isn t anything else i dont know about the system this method would work would work i hope.
Yet its very complicated and im sure i can improve it with more thinking and ur ideas,im open to hear what could improve ,whats wrong if there is,if there is a better method.
I know its complicated if u didnt understood it just reply i try to explain myself better.
Personally i dont beleave this idea will be approved because my first post was just an addintion to the system so it didnt effect the system we r using now(i didnt know about the reset thing), Now im saying to change the system so it wont be easy as it was before.
This the only method i can c that my first idea could apply else its crap
so im even open to change my first idea.
AND i appologise again for not searching enough on the method the whole system is using.
TY again for posts
Jeff_vella_leone
ahhh i forgot an important thing i mentioed in my canceled post but forgot it now when frish are traded it would mean outomaticly that ur frish will decrease, i suggest that when frish decrease poits decreas with the same rate to avoid mixing up.
And a other thing i didt think about in my last post is that a limit should be made (ex: if someone is so active an manages to get more then his frish then a limit should be made EX: 45 points more then the frish where the member cant get more than that points
If some one is at that limit it meas he is a very good member no need to have more than that.(variables could change)
It could solve the prolem for those who r active and they just want to have a vacation
and 45 days arent 6 months for who said it but 1.5 months thers a whole lot of difference lol nvm
Bondings
Jeff, I think you are making it a bit too complicated. Wink Points are there too make it easier to see if someone might be not active enough; not to make it harder.
Jeff_vella_leone
yea i know what u mean but like i said it would be easyer not harder
for the members
at least they can go on vacation knowing that they where active eough to afford to loose some points and gain them back without even knowing with that method if they r ormal active very easy to post 2 post a day.
and have all the advantages i mentioned too
only those that r not participating in forum will have some prolems with points the rest its easy
hope u understad my point
im a busy guy too still i find the time to post at least 2 posts a day come on