FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

my new job

NuniPio
w00t lol ive finally got a job, been working there for a few weeks now, well im only a casual at the moment, but they see good skills in me and want me as a full time, which i will gladly accept after my studies, ohh and also the job is pretty kewl as i get to mess with computers, something ive been doing for years lol.. well ive finally become a pro, so from now on im known as a computer technician Very Happy hoping to expand my career in this industry when i get older so its pretty good for me i guess.. Razz
ninjakannon
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW JOB! Very Happy
I'm glad you've got something you like, that's always a good thing Cool

What kinda place are you working as a computer technician in?
DEViANCE
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW JOB!
well done m8! Very Happy
niceboy
CONGRATULATIONS
wish you have a good life
NuniPio
ninjakannon wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW JOB! Very Happy
I'm glad you've got something you like, that's always a good thing Cool

What kinda place are you working as a computer technician in?

its run from a house, we go to peoples houses as a mobile service, sometimes we have to bring systems back to base, then we drop off the system back to the customer
cloudship
congratulations!

IT is an exciting carreer, but you have to keep yourself daily uptodated.

I heard a story about an IT engineer and a mechanical engineer.
They both slept for 20 years. After that the mechanical engineer works still as a mechanic, but the IT engineer has to find a new job...
NuniPio
cloudship wrote:
congratulations!

IT is an exciting carreer, but you have to keep yourself daily uptodated.

I heard a story about an IT engineer and a mechanical engineer.
They both slept for 20 years. After that the mechanical engineer works still as a mechanic, but the IT engineer has to find a new job...

lol.. well the IT industry is a growing industry and there are obviously changes and updates made frequently, and learning new things frequently and doing new things every now and then would motivate me to stay in this industry, rather than doing the same thing over and over again for the rest of my life...
neosree
Yes it is. That is the reason why I chose a career in IT especially in network Engineering. Things are changing much faster than we can imagine, so it is really not boring at all. A fast changing, dynamic career.

Congratulations NuniPio, to join the IT world. We are all here to serve the world to make it better. Letus always work with a positive attitude.
NuniPio
neosree wrote:
Yes it is. That is the reason why I chose a career in IT especially in network Engineering. Things are changing much faster than we can imagine, so it is really not boring at all. A fast changing, dynamic career.

Congratulations NuniPio, to join the IT world. We are all here to serve the world to make it better. Letus always work with a positive attitude.

yes indeed... i also am pursuing the network engineering career.. currently studying network management til the end of the year then gonna continue to do network engineering hopefully
superk
congrats! Good luck with your new job! If you want to get more advice as to how to get further into your chosen industry go to Careerone.com.au - great site - will give you information about everything to do with jobs.
NuniPio
thanks guys.. now im in the middle of making a decision on wether i should go fulltime or stay casual with my studies as full time, not too sure wat to do. anybody got some advice?
Portland
i think you should stay casual and finish your studies first. it's much harder to study while working full time. i've tried that, but soon i dropped my weekly hours to 20.

now i work full time and it's so much easier. only things i have to worry are related to work, not examinations or courses.

after finishing studies, take full time and work... like 40 years or so... Smile there's still enough time to work!
NuniPio
hmm true, but i need cash, thats the other problem
theSilverstein
If you need the cash for necessities like food, rent, and transportation, then you really have no choice. But if you can swing it on a part-time basis and keep studying, that's the way to go. It can be difficult to get back into your studies after taking some time off. On the other hand, holding down a full-time job can be a good learning experience in itself. You really need to weigh the pro's and con's.
Wizzap
Grats on the job man.

Make sure you do your best because in this day and age alot of people are looking for jobs.
NuniPio
argh, i think im werkin too much lol.. i was at werk till 1am last nite and didnt go home that nite, instead i stayed at werk all nite. woke up the next day and went bak to werk lol, i got home 10pm that day
Anticollie
Work can definatly get on your nerves, lol, but congratulations on snatching a job.

As for going full time, I would definatly wait untill you finish your studies. If your money is low, but managable, you may want to think about making some life-alterations to make your cost of living minimal, mainly because if you can get through this, and be able to have a nice, shiny degree, it'll weigh more than previous work expierence (Although most high ranking jobs require both). However, it's easier to study now, and work later, than it is to work now, and study later.

Anyway, best of luck!
Anticollie.
mcini1
hi i am a turk and i work at home about website and i will a rich person
Pablo Diablo
Congrats; I graduated from a 4 year diploma program for software engineering, but can't find a job since I have no experience. I'm looking to do hardware like you until I get a good lead. Soudns like fun.
NuniPio
damn dude.. thats pretty crazy.. i quit that job i had got offered another job which is basically the same thing but better working conditions etc and im also a part time dj at the moment working for a wedding planner, im planning to do that on a weekend basis and fulltime computer technician on the weekdays
arjay
Smile Sometimes, it lights up your day when you read posts about simple jobs and simple joys. Sometimes, again, what really counts in our life is not the amount of money that we earned from jobs but the joys and satisfaction one gets while performing the job.

Smile It is so motivating when you see your teacher or your boss smiles everyday. When you love your work, smiles will always be in your face no matter how difficult your work is. And, I believe there is no difficult work when you put into it your mind, body, and heart. I have seen so many ‘successful’ professionals. With all their accolades displayed all over their offices. Having fat bank accounts, luxury cars, and modern homes; I wonder why I seldom see them smile. Rolling Eyes

I guess this will remain to be a question to me until … I experience it myself in the future. But this early, I want to travel the life of a simple person. My mindset is already focused in bringing up a family based on simple lifestyle and traditions. I have been a product of a very complicated and complex family structure and upbringing… We are in a higher echelon of our society. Politics runs in my grandparents’ blood. While, my parents spent most of their lifetime with, and in, the entertainment industries. Though still a student, I have been earning more than enough for my needs. My bank accounts, where my earnings go directly, have no withdrawals for the last 3 years or more. Modesty aside, we have enough to last another generation or two or more. … But .. I am not as happy.

Smile When I read posts about how great it feels to have a casual job, no matter how simple it is as long as you love it and happy with it, I can’t avoid smiling. And, I envy them… I wish I can be happy as them… Yes, more often, happiness can be found in simple things, in simple life, in simple jobs.

Thank you for the smiles in my face that you gave me just now… Smile
wendy86
I have the new job now, Start on 1 st of oct , I work as advertising designer ... I like this job very much, but I have to learn more about this work coz I new in this job.
NuniPio
congrats on ur job wendy.. and arjay i totally agree that satisfaction in your career is more important than the money earnt
upandup
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW JOB!
What else i can say?
Em_de_Tech
Congradulations on your new job. Good to see that you actually work doing what you like.
NuniPio
just an update on my carreer.. i recently worked as a courier driver for approx 2 weeks filling in for a driver.. was pretty fun and interesting job, but pretty boring although it was very very easy. now currently part time dj at mostly wedding functions, and still studying networking at tafe.