FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need help with infrared device

Xcelerate
I recently got a Polar Watch, and now I'm trying to get it to connect with my computer through infrared. The only thing is, I didn't order an infrared serial port because that would have been another 40 bucks. So does anyone know a cheap way of using household infrared devices to do this?

By the way, I've got a Palm IIIe, which has an infrared window on it, then it is connected to a dock which is connected to the computer, so would anyone know if there was a way I could use that?

Thanks.
nikolic
I am sorry to sound callous, but spend the 40 bucks rather than tearing apart hundreds of dollars of other houshold equipment to use a port without correct drivers and no software designed to use the signal...
psycosquirrel
Do you have a laptop? Laptops that are ~5 years old or older usually have IR ports you could use...

I have a serial IR reader... I am assuming you don't live in Atlanta, or I would sell you it (and the watch I bought with it) for $10 or so.

Ebay? Google? You should be able to find one cheap...
Xcelerate
Actually, I do live in Atlanta Wink, but I think I will be able to make do with the Palm Pilot after all. I found some programming information for it, so I think I'll be able to create a simple little program with an IR redirect now, and it does recognize the device, but thanks.

By the way, just out of curiosity, what watch did you get?