FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[RESOLVED] Problems logging in to Windows Live Messenger

solmol
I downloaded the final version of WLM but I can't log in from any pc. It takes like... i don't know, maybe 10 minutes just to tell me I have a "connection problem" (which of course, i don't have, cause my msn 7.5 logs just fine). Or if I get it to log in; my whole contact list disappears and I get a message saying that there's an error and the changes I make to my account (like adding a contact or changing my nick) may not be saved and available in another pc.

So... wtf it's going on? I tried the first beta for a few days when it first came out and it worked better than this freaking final version.
AG007
Why dont you try to reinstall the Windows LM.
That may fix the problem. Never heard of such problem.
If does not work still, tell Microsoft about the problem (if you can).
solmol
I reinstall it many times already. It's curious cause it's not just my pc and my account; I tried in several machines (with and without a router, with and without a hardware firewall) and several accounts and still the same problem.

guess i'm gonna be stuck with 7.5
solmol
Plis, plis, plis. I need to solve this. It doesn't even give me an error ID.
Bones
That's really strange, I was a beta tester for WLM and never had this problem in any of the beta versions or the final version which I use now.

You'll likely want to dig up a number for MSN support and call them. Don't bother calling Windows support because they won't even touch WLM.
orno
this might help (although its not *EXACTLY* the same problem you are facing, its sort of related...)

http://messengersays.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!5B410F7FD930829E!18272.entry

try out the steps listed there and post back if it worked Smile
solmol
Must have been an error from microsoft that day; cause I reinstall it and now it works perfectly on every PC with any account. Maybe it took them a while to make it work for Argentina Razz
orno
good job Razz

resolved and -close-d