FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

do i have SSH connection ?

lituhanian
do i have SSH server connection ?
if not mybe i can get it ?
Maka
Dont think so, anyway thats a security threat I heard not good.
n0obie4life
lituhanian wrote:
do i have SSH server connection ?
if not mybe i can get it ?

No. You don't.

Unless you have a super duper duper good reason.
mOrpheuS
n0obie4life wrote:

nope...not even for a super duper duper good reason.
it's the ....constitution... Wink
Aunder
if i donate or i paid customer for the hosting can i have access shh?
n0obie4life
mOrpheuS wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:

nope...not even for a super duper duper good reason.
it's the ....constitution... Wink

But when I wanted to install Psychostats, Bondings asked if I really needed SSH Smile.
Bondings
No, you own't get SSH, and there is no paid hosting available on frihost.
modak
Bondings wrote:
No, you own't get SSH.

Can you please spell out the reasons why you won't allow SSH ? Of course Frihost is yours, and you can do whatever you want to do with it, but, absence of SSH has prevented me keeping all my main sites at Frihost. Sad
Bondings
modak wrote:
Bondings wrote:
No, you own't get SSH.

Can you please spell out the reasons why you won't allow SSH ? Of course Frihost is yours, and you can do whatever you want to do with it, but, absence of SSH has prevented me keeping all my main sites at Frihost. Sad

You can execute most commands with either php or cron jobs. We don't provide shell access due to security reasons.
Code:
<? exec("code"); ?>
modak
Bondings wrote:
You can execute most commands with either php or cron jobs. We don't provide shell access due to security reasons.
Code:
<? exec("code"); ?>

Nope, I hoping to setup Concurrent Version system, so as to help my project partners work on different parts of the source code from their own homes collaboratively. Neutral
Daniel15
modak wrote:
Nope, I hoping to setup Concurrent Version system, so as to help my project partners work on different parts of the source code from their own homes collaboratively. Neutral

Maybe this will be useful to you: https://www.freepository.com/ . It's a free CVS host, which is probably what you want. I haven't personally tried their service, but it looks alright.
gonzo
modak wrote:
Bondings wrote:
No, you own't get SSH.

Can you please spell out the reasons why you won't allow SSH (

Their thinking goes like this:

Most people who know what "shell access" is wouldn't ask such a question. Since you're asking, and being insistent you're likely nefarious, and as such will be denied on spec. If you don't know what "shell access" is you don't need it anyway. If you really wanted it you'd either already have it or know how to get it.

Get it? Wink
n0obie4life
Gonzo spamming - Warned.
gonzo
I didn't notice that it actually triple posted. In my intense IRE I incremented my counter.

FIX your overstressed server before throwing stones at me buddy

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Bondings
gonzo wrote:
I didn't notice that it actually triple posted. In my intense IRE I incremented my counter.

FIX your overstressed server before throwing stones at me buddy

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Ok, this time you're right, it is most likely the server. My apologies.
modak
daniel15 wrote:

Maybe this will be useful to you: https://www.freepository.com/ . It's a free CVS host, which is probably what you want. I haven't personally tried their service, but it looks alright.

Hey thanks a lot for the site, daniel15. I'll check it out ASAP.

P.S. What I really should have mentioned that I prefer Subversion to CVS.
modak
gonzo wrote:
Their thinking goes like this:

Most people who know what "shell access" is wouldn't ask such a question. Since you're asking, and being insistent you're likely nefarious, and as such will be denied on spec. If you don't know what "shell access" is you don't need it anyway. If you really wanted it you'd either already have it or know how to get it.

Get it? Wink

Smile That's a nice theory. Anyway, I was asking for SSH support here in Frihost because there is quite a bit of space unutilised here (~240MB), while nipl.net, where I have my blog and SSH access http://soumyadip.nipl.net/blog , has only about 950 MB left on the hard disk and there are quite a number of users on that server Smile Besides SSH access does not mean superuser priviledges. I'm quite happy to have normal user priviledges on my account. (Incidentally, I have sudo priviledges on nipl.net Smile )

I have shell access to a number of places, but those places are sites with specific interests. So I don't feel proper to put my personal stuff on those sites.

Anyway, I'm trying to get some space on a server of FSF-India, so I don't think I'll need SSH access on Frihost anymore. Thanks a lot.
chenfm
I hope to have SSH to support .