FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


WHAT DO YOU THINK WHY GOD CREATE HUMAN AND NATURE?





cvkien
I studied philosophy in psychology. I read some book but something come out from my mind was why god... Why we call god is god and why god create human and nature. what is the purpose He doing this? For those out there who have the answer for these question, please tell me and others people your oppinion. For me, i think god feel lonely then he planned all this and we are just a game for him. oh, 1 more question. is there any other god out there??
loyal
God is lonely...?

Hmmm...that is our weakness. We are unaware of other dimensions. Imagine this:

There are these 2d creatures. They can only move left and right. They have never experienced up and down. So when a supercreature which is 3d comes and moves them up and down, they have no idea what is happening to it, because they are 2d so it is impossible for them to understand, and because it is something new they do not understand what is happening.

This is us and God. We are lesser than Him. He does not feel lonely, happy, or sad like us. Because He is not us. He is not a human. He does not need anything.

Why did God create us? To live. What does God gain out of watching us? Infact, because He is All-Knowing, He already knows what will happen and what has happened. He knows what you are thinking this very instance. So what does God gain? Little or nothing? The gain must be ours. This sounds right, because God is greator than us and therefore has more mercy than us. Like the Torah, Bible, Qur'an, Vedas, and other scriptures say. When we exist on this earth, we sometimes have happy moments. There is nothing better than experiencing something. The anticipation, the memory is nowhere as good as the deed. We were created for the deeds we do. And as a reward, we go to some sort of Heaven, as most religions say.


The Qur'an, the Holy Book in the Muslims' possessions, says that God created us to be happy and good people. The Bible, the Christians have, says that God created us to have a relationship with Him. And so on.

God bless you.
dracula
Hmm. Well I will tell you this, if you need any answeres, READ THE BIBLE.
The bible has all the asweres that you will need to know. It explains it all in the first chapter (I think).
So yea, damm, now I have forgoten your question, oh well. Hope that this helps.
loyal
i disagree with you dracula. The Bible is not perfect. I would be happy to show you by PM if you wish.
Diebels
I don´t belive in God
desertwind
I thinks he felt bored after being lonely for a long time. He may be created it just for fun.

Very Happy
Sappho
I don't believe in god.

But the answer would be easy: "Becouse she/he can." Wink
risuarez
desertwind wrote:
I thinks he felt bored after being lonely for a long time. He may be created it just for fun.

Very Happy


I agree. There also some theories wich states that he did it as his personal amusment. He created us ang gave us some instincts and natural needs and then put the rules againts those instincts and the method for satisfying those needs. (like greed, envy, lust). Etc.

I just dont know. But there must be a pourpose though.
odinstag
cvkien wrote:
I studied philosophy in psychology. I read some book but something come out from my mind was why god... Why we call god is god and why god create human and nature. what is the purpose He doing this? For those out there who have the answer for these question, please tell me and others people your oppinion. For me, i think god feel lonely then he planned all this and we are just a game for him. oh, 1 more question. is there any other god out there??


I simply think it is awful presumptuous to assume any of this. Or to try to explain it without thorough investigation.

Without that drive to learn. The desire to know instead of take wild guesses. We will get no place.

Being able to admit when we don't know the answer and need to further investigate is key.

People are like lightning, they tend to take the path of least resistance. For people that path is myth and hyperbole.

If God or the Creator is conscious of us and actively developed us, then it is the natural progression for us to become conscious of it in return.

Becoming not only a manifestation of the Creator but a conscious manifestation.

So we struggle. And we learn. The only true path is knowledge.
risuarez
odinstag wrote:
cvkien wrote:
I studied philosophy in psychology. I read some book but something come out from my mind was why god... Why we call god is god and why god create human and nature. what is the purpose He doing this? For those out there who have the answer for these question, please tell me and others people your oppinion. For me, i think god feel lonely then he planned all this and we are just a game for him. oh, 1 more question. is there any other god out there??


I simply think it is awful presumptuous to assume any of this. Or to try to explain it without thorough investigation.

Without that drive to learn. The desire to know instead of take wild guesses. We will get no place.

Being able to admit when we don't know the answer and need to further investigate is key.

People are like lightning, they tend to take the path of least resistance. For people that path is myth and hyperbole.

If God or the Creator is conscious of us and actively developed us, then it is the natural progression for us to become conscious of it in return.

Becoming not only a manifestation of the Creator but a conscious manifestation.

So we struggle. And we learn. The only true path is knowledge.


okay...soo what???
odinstag
risuarez wrote:
odinstag wrote:


I simply think it is awful presumptuous to assume any of this. Or to try to explain it without thorough investigation.

Without that drive to learn. The desire to know instead of take wild guesses. We will get no place.

Being able to admit when we don't know the answer and need to further investigate is key.

People are like lightning, they tend to take the path of least resistance. For people that path is myth and hyperbole.

If God or the Creator is conscious of us and actively developed us, then it is the natural progression for us to become conscious of it in return.

Becoming not only a manifestation of the Creator but a conscious manifestation.

So we struggle. And we learn. The only true path is knowledge.


okay...soo what???


So, I added my thoughts.

That's what.
Che
to experience itself
rshanthakumar
cvkien wrote:
I studied philosophy in psychology. I read some book but something come out from my mind was why god... Why we call god is god and why god create human and nature. what is the purpose He doing this? For those out there who have the answer for these question, please tell me and others people your oppinion. For me, i think god feel lonely then he planned all this and we are just a game for him. oh, 1 more question. is there any other god out there??


I think we need to appreciate the points said by loyal. He is right. We cannot possibly understand God. I remember what Sathya Sai Baba once said. 'Can an ant try and understand how an elephant will be?' The same thing our loyal has put in technically. We are trying to do the same. God is too big for us to understand. Don't waste your time. Time for you is too short and the knowledge is too big.

Now on to why god created us... I will take the help of another thinker. They say, god is there in everything and every being. I was just reading Caesar. What people say is what God says!! Political but there is subtle remark on where god is. God is in everyone of us. God created us out of what? Bible..'from himself'. More about this later.

God created us and the universe. We are nothing in the universe that he made...too small to matter to him. We think we know him and we can understand him. He doesnot make anything for joy. He has a rule for everything. May be in his rule, he had to create the universe. We are a long way from understanding his rules. We have just understood some, a few and even that is stunning...the rest for science and time to reveal.
loyal
It is interesting because the Bible itself, says Yahweh is higher than us.

Isaiah 55
8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Che
Read the book "Conversations With God" You'll have an answer to your question.
Traveller
Hands down, the best writing on this subject is Jonathan Edwards' A Dissertation Concerning the End for Which God Made the World. It's not the lightest reading, and it certainly isn't in the "fluffy" (i.e. all air and no substance, but easier to read) style of most current Christian writers, but it is still the best.

One current writer who does understand Edwards, and who has made much of Edwards' material and/or concepts more accessible to modern readers is John Piper. His book, God's Passion for His Glory, about the above Dissertation is available free (legitimately), as PDF files, from: Even so, I would still recommend the Edwards.
livilou
As far as God not having emotions, I have to disagree. The Bible states that God is love and also that God is a jealous God. He has been mad, disappointed, sad, regretfull (of making man), and a few others. Therefore He must have emotions.

As far as why he created us, I feel He wanted to have a different relationship than what He had with the angels.
loyal
Quote:

As far as God not having emotions, I have to disagree. The Bible states that God is love and also that God is a jealous God. He has been mad, disappointed, sad, regretfull (of making man), and a few others. Therefore He must have emotions.


I don't understand how God can be jealous. Isn't jealously bad?

Quote:

Read the book "Conversations With God" You'll have an answer to your question.


I suspect that book is a fake. It's too concidental. A guy claims that God makes his hand move?
Sappho
Che wrote:
Read the book "Conversations With God" You'll have an answer to your question.


http://www.400monkeys.com/God/

I think that pretty much answers all the questions i need to have answered. Smile
loyal
lol that was funny

Quote:

In the quite unlikely event that you were to discover any omissions or inaccuracies on this page, they may be reported to the international headquarters of The Official God FAQ, at aod@400monkeys.com, where they will be thoroughly investigated, submitted to rigorous scientific testing and, if substantiated, included in a subsequent update. Thank you.


Lol. But i think they missed Islam. Noone ever considers the scientific stuff of Islam...
swapnalokam
I thought the same thing a long time ago.. but couldn't find an answer.. with all these debates going on.. Iam still not satisfied.. go on.. guys.. let great more ideas pour in...
hyhy
And why drangons are so cruel and kill people?
rshanthakumar
Many in the forum seems to say almost the same thing but in different words and quoting different set of people. But then finally what matters is that we do not matter much to HIM, the God since we are one more of his numerous creations. So there is no need to worry too much about him. We lead a life that is in line with His rules and regulations. It is just that, you cannot live a life that is away from His rules. We need not know his rules. What ever you feel as right living is the right one. If you do anything that is not right you will know it or you will not be able to do it.

God teaches with examples and experience. Man learns out of these examples and experiences. While the rest of the creation doesn't (atleast in this world). Killing is a part of the experience. Terrorism is part of the experience. That tells us how bad it is and how we should shun violence. Civilization has gradually and steadily moved out of violence. We have a long way to go.. but go, we will.

So do not worry about God and what he is like and what kind of punishments he has in store for us. Let us just lead our lives. Because life is a pleasure let us not miss it.
loyal
rshanthakumar, your argument is that feeling right or wrong is the way to live by His rules?

Okay, let's try this.
Fifty years ago, a man unmarried to a woman suggests 'doing it' (anyone young should not read this post). The woman is shocked and most likely leaves him.
Now, do the same today, and it will be met with an eager 'okay'.

As you can see, the idea of right and wrong has changed. Fifty years ago the very idea of doing it out of marriage, was horrorful. Now it's okay. There's nothing wrong.

Surely we need religion to tell us which is right or wrong?
tingkagol
try reading "God's Debris". It reveals god's only challenge through logical thinking.

then we'll talk.
Wynand
God created us for his own pleasure. To please Him. That is also your mission statement in life. Live your live to please God.
palavra
The Creator wills to introduce Himself to us clearly and thoroughly. He wills to show His Splendor through the variety and beauty of creation; His Will and Might through the universe's magnificent order and harmony; His Mercy, Compassion, and Grace through His bestowal of everything upon us, including our most secret wishes and desires. And He has many more Names and Attributes through which He wills to make Himself known.

In other words, He creates and places things in this world to manifest His Might and Will. By passing all things through the prism of the intellect and understanding of conscious beings, He arouses their wonder, admiration, and appreciation. Great artists manifest their talents through works of art; the Owner of the universe created it simply to manifest the Might and Omnipotence of His Creativity.


http://en.fgulen.com/content/view/586/5/
ftasyo
Why... That's a big question to ask especially when asked about God. Thing is, the question is asked as if "God" were something strange. He (or She) isn't a being like us, so the question "Why did God create human beings and nature" cannot be the same as "Why did Pablo paint the barn red?"

God is indeed strange, not because he comes from another planet, but because He is Being Itself -- you can call it by many things: the mystery of Existence, the ALL, etc... We are like mirrors reflecting him, or to be exact, our existence is simply a participation in His. We exist because He IS.

So about the "Why" question... How about reversing it and asking: "Why is there SOMETHING instead of NOTHING? Now that should make one think doesn't it?
ftasyo
desertwind wrote:
I thinks he felt bored after being lonely for a long time. He may be created it just for fun.

Very Happy


You may have been trying to make light of the question, but the ancients -- some of them anyway -- would agree with you. It has a long history, this thing about Gods and men, and the first real atheists -- the philosophers like Aristotle and Plato tried to put things straight: they didn't talk of gods but of principles -- the ultimate answer to the whys that men can raise. Scriptures merely completed what they wanted to say.
rshanthakumar
ftasyo wrote:
desertwind wrote:
I thinks he felt bored after being lonely for a long time. He may be created it just for fun.

Very Happy


You may have been trying to make light of the question, but the ancients -- some of them anyway -- would agree with you. It has a long history, this thing about Gods and men, and the first real atheists -- the philosophers like Aristotle and Plato tried to put things straight: they didn't talk of gods but of principles -- the ultimate answer to the whys that men can raise. Scriptures merely completed what they wanted to say.


Atheism cannot explain why this universe exists. That is the biggest problem for all 'isms. They should explain why these things, including man, exists.

Love, hate, friendship, sun, moon, stars. Why do all these exist? It is not an easy question that can be answered. I don't think any body has a clear answer on this either.

God is too big a person(?), for the puny minds in us to understand or appreciate him.
divinitywolf
I dont think God created Humans and Nature because he was bored. You created this topic as if you are certain God created Humans and Nature which isnt definite. Maybe no one will ever know what created all of this and why but its certainly worth thinking about. I think if God did create humans and nature then he created it so that he could allow us to enjoy ourselves and so that he could feel good about what he created.
ralphbefree
seems like all the readings that i have done on the subject paint quite a vivid picture let me see if i can draw it on this canvas.

we all seem to agree that one point in "time" was the beginning.

before this there was: All That There Is.

All That There Is being, All That There Is, could not experience anything else.

such a paradox to BE All That There Is yet to have limitations.

So All That There Is created an idea.

All That There Is put a tremedous amount of energy into this idea.

Then All That There Is: divided.

No longer was All That There Is ,All That There is; now there was: Light and Darkness ; Ying and Yang

as further divisions took place; different avenues of experience where added to the collective experience of All That There Is.

Until the final creative experiment was completed in the formation of MAN.

through MAN we, as divine creations of All That There Is are able to experience All That There Is to Experience.

this is why i think that "God" created us and what "he gets out of it"
BrianElliott0218
cvkien wrote:
I studied philosophy in psychology. I read some book but something come out from my mind was why god... Why we call god is god and why god create human and nature. what is the purpose He doing this? For those out there who have the answer for these question, please tell me and others people your oppinion. For me, i think god feel lonely then he planned all this and we are just a game for him. oh, 1 more question. is there any other god out there??

God didn't create humans and earth and all the rest... It was all here, then we came on the scene (yes evolved), and whenever something we pitiful humans didn't understand happened or something we couldn't explain, we created gods. The God that most people talk about in this forum are versions of the same creation. Judea, Christian, and even Muslim religion is all based on the same stories and fables created in the early historical times, and embllished to reflect the needs and concerns of the "holy men" who changed them.

Excerpts from the "Book of Life"...
=================================
By the hand of man, came the gods, and in the name of the gods shall man be destroyed by his own hands, and the gods will be no more. So endeth man due to his little mind that could not grasp the hugeness of his undertaking. His undertaking was to be knowledge, but man decided to grasp and cling to supernatural gods and the unknown went unexplored. Discovery was shunned with a fervor that burned clean the cradle of mankind. Thus did the humans all die of ignorance. And no one was left to cry or rejoice...
=================================
Study the wonders around you, and learn. Then, when you think have learned all that you can, teach, and in teaching you will find that you have more to learn. This is your Quest, and the salvation of humanity.
=================================
~BE
HalfBloodPrince
BrianElliott0218 wrote:
God didn't create humans and earth and all the rest... It was all here, then we came on the scene (yes evolved)...


You talk so sure of yourself Smile and where exactly did you get these 'facts' from? Care to give some reasoning? Others trying to prove your point (Bikerman, Indi, etc. if you know them), at least they give reasons to their ideas. Not:

[post]God doesn't exist.[/post]

If it's going to be that way:

God exists.

Smile
catscratches
Either:

1. God didn't create human and nature
2. God made a huge mistake
liljp617
divinitywolf wrote:
I dont think God created Humans and Nature because he was bored. You created this topic as if you are certain God created Humans and Nature which isnt definite. Maybe no one will ever know what created all of this and why but its certainly worth thinking about. I think if God did create humans and nature then he created it so that he could allow us to enjoy ourselves and so that he could feel good about what he created.

What great disappointment he must have then Sad
gauravbansal1984
i too do not believe in god ..............as far as i think god is a concept createdby some good men in the past so that we blindly follow the good path and perform actions for our and goodwill of others.
our saints and priests have designed such a beautiful story that it is hard to believe that the truth is actully false.
HalfBloodPrince
gauravbansal1984 wrote:
our saints and priests have designed such a beautiful story that it is hard to believe that the truth is actully false.


Did Jesus exist? Did Muhammed? Did Moses? Since they are part of this 'false beautiful story', are they also false?
Bikerman
HalfBloodPrince wrote:
gauravbansal1984 wrote:
our saints and priests have designed such a beautiful story that it is hard to believe that the truth is actully false.


Did Jesus exist? Did Muhammed? Did Moses? Since they are part of this 'false beautiful story', are they also false?

Jesus? Probably but not certainly. There is little in the historical record to support the notion of 'Jesus' outside the Bible.
Muhammed? Yes, almost certainly. There are many contemporaneous references which would seem to indicate he was a real historical figure.
Moses? Maybe - but not probably. There is no evidence from Egyptian archeology or literature to support the notion that he was a real historical figure or, in fact, that the Exodus actually happened.
Bluedoll
I like these kind of questions! Last first. A god could be defined as having great powers and traits. That could mean more than one could exsist yes. Bill Gates perhaps? .... nah!!!

We could consider there being though only one God or one Supreme God, as thee God if we consider God as a starter of the whole universe, that is if we consider the universe had a beginning and a creator. Not a bad idea since the poof theory just doesn’t hold up.

From there I think by simple deduction we could consider an original “Creator” just a tad on the bright side.


*


The question about why create nature and human would be brought into the univeral soup mix is a good one.

I like the phrase 'made in the image'. If we can imagine making something all by ourselves, I believe, we would produce it out of your own thoughts, ideas and character traits.

Say for simple example you made an Ai. The question would you be doing it as a game or because you were lonely? I suppose the answer to that question would reside in just how serious you were about it, how creative, what your intentions were etc. and of course how you felt about your conception or even if you would call your Ai - your child.

Even in writing, I personally like to take ownership of it. This is my work, my baby! This means to me the reason for doing is really about creativeness.

I do it because I can.

Why not.
liljp617
HalfBloodPrince wrote:
gauravbansal1984 wrote:
our saints and priests have designed such a beautiful story that it is hard to believe that the truth is actully false.


Did Jesus exist? Did Muhammed? Did Moses? Since they are part of this 'false beautiful story', are they also false?

It's really not a matter of whether or not they, or someone like them, existed. The root of the issue at the table is the claim that they were divine in some nature or were truly prophets from a higher being. Anyway, the case against them existing (except for maybe Mohammed) seems quite a bit stronger than the case they did exist. The Bible is one of very few sources that actually documents Jesus' existence...and that's been translated a billion times so who knows (if it had any truth to begin with). The world has seen some very amazing fiction authors Smile
HalfBloodPrince
I don't believe any of the three were divine. Normal humans, told what to do by God. God let them do a few miracles (which wasn't actually them, but God doing it for them. ie, Moses himself did not cause the sea to split, God did). Claiming Jesus to be divine makes Christians polytheists Smile
Bikerman
Bluedoll wrote:
I like these kind of questions! Last first. A god could be defined as having great powers and traits. That could mean more than one could exsist yes. Bill Gates perhaps? .... nah!!!

We could consider there being though only one God or one Supreme God, as thee God if we consider God as a starter of the whole universe, that is if we consider the universe had a beginning and a creator. Not a bad idea since the poof theory just doesn’t hold up.

From there I think by simple deduction we could consider an original “Creator” just a tad on the bright side.
No. Simple deduction doesn't lead to that conclusion. That conclusion relies on other assumptions - that the creator intended to create and that the creator had a choice in the creation. It is perfectly reasonable to assume that the creation was the result of a mindless process or entity that had no plan, design or intentionality (that is if you want to go down the route of a creator at all).
Quote:
I like the phrase 'made in the image'. If we can imagine making something all by ourselves, I believe, we would produce it out of your own thoughts, ideas and character traits.
The phrase is normally applied to man - ie man was created in God's image. This is, therefore, inherently a 'creationist' viewpoint since evolution tells us that man actually evolved and was not created at all.
Related topics
Human Nature
your favorite song's lyrics
Sinning by thought
Is Jesus Perfect?
questions for Christians
why did "god" create "satan"
Psychology of Human Nature... are these really "truths?
Why did God create humans?
WHy did Human being create GOD?
Why did man create the Devil ?
If you don't believe God exists
Why God allows ?????
Can a person believe in God but not belong to any religion?
Why God never received a PhD
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Philosophy and Religion

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.