FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Criss Angel - walking on water....know how he does it?

Slammer
http://oob.uk.to/watch.php?pick=463

He guys, thought id start a discussion see if we can get some ideas of how criss manages to pull off this illusion.

What do you think?

Slammer
Josso
Shocked I thought it over but I've no idea, I'll come back when I think of how he did it.
eqfan
i have no idea Sad
jb2_86_uk
JBs take on it?

A perspex platform underneath the waterline. I watched it fairly closely, but I only saw one person travel accross his path partly above the water, so I think a small gap was produced for this lady to swim through and disuade people from thinking this method. Now if he put his foot directly where her neck had just passed, I would have been impressed, but he stepped well over this point, to whee the perspex bridge may have continued.

Its a neat trick, but what I just said coupled with the completly underwhelmed people in the pool (I would be a little more gobsmaked and impressed if i was in that pool and believed it to be genuine) shows its a trick and nothing more

JB
milkmandan
i think he went on a trip to the himilayan mountains and stumbled upon a cave with a magic dwarf in it. he spoke to the dwarf and said, "i need something that will allow me to walk on water", so the dwarf went into his closet and pulled out a pair of shoes... but these were no regular pumas or nikes.. they were walking-on-water shoes.

really though: no idea
Josso
I was also comparing where people were walking afterwards. I don't think I saw anyone cross his path before or after, but I may be wrong.
Helios
One thing I know for sure: there is no such thing as magic Razz

Maybe it has somehting to do with his pants?
pll
It can be with his pants, he has it at anytime They are under his feets when he walk...
cfackler
Even if it is his pants, what in someone pants could possibly allow them to walk on water?
sheshgiri
i wish i could do that
henrygl
that was quite amazing....we got some nice shots of the ladies! Wink but seriously though i think its a fishing line he's walking on...makes the most sense to me but i'm not sure...i odnt see how it could be his pants; or it may be a VERY well hidden platform....nice though good link!!
evilryu530
that looks like vegas, the swimming pool at the aladdin or somthing....i know for sure there should be way more people in that pool area.. all the people during that walk are actors...use of plexy glass and some stagging should pull off that trick... i was in vegas last week and i saw lance burton, went to his show. he did some mind boggling things that were physically impossible like make a corvette disappear. teleport, and make geese come out out the palm of his hands...even make the corvette fly around the stage...we all know this is impossible but damn did it look real...i was blown away....if anyone gets to see that show in vegas, it is well worth it...they must have spent millions to retrofit that theatre for tricks like that...
alkady
Honestly, I'd believe it to a point, Too bad I'm not the type to be impressed that way.

Obvious, There are many methods to achieve this. The first method is to film everything, From the lady underneath him to the stunned audience and then Getting Criss Angel to film the stunt in a Blue or Green Screen Set in which the Animators take over and merge the two scenes together to create this.

But because I have no clue who Criss is or if he some big shot, I'll take into consideration he may be small time, So he most likely either had a crane retain him while did the stunt and then got it CGI'd or he just had some sort of board to walk on and then had it removed in the Graphics Dept.

...Or the most logical explaination is, He actually walked on water... Wink
Saber
ahha.. the woman that walks past him in front is going inbetween something.... you can see her lining up and going thru it, ist just glass/plastic/what ever steps. BUT thats just ruining it, its allways fun to see something that looks good. The thing I still havent figured out is how this guy pulls a salt shaker thru the glass.... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6119531719408235115&q=japanese+magic
darkeagle
This person has too much illusion.
I think he is liar...
ncwdavid
There is always people acting along and playing a big part of most of his illusions. For example the one where he goes up to some (Random?????) shop and he goes inside and he puts some paper against the window and he puts his hand through the glass. The shopkeeper had a big part in that and the window was fixed for the trick earlier that day. You are able to buy that trick for like $100 someplaces. I know how he does his levitation and I have done it before but it was alot of money for the dvd and to create the gimmik. Anyone else here interested in magic?
ncwdavid
Saber wrote:
ahha.. the woman that walks past him in front is going inbetween something.... you can see her lining up and going thru it, ist just glass/plastic/what ever steps. BUT thats just ruining it, its allways fun to see something that looks good. The thing I still havent figured out is how this guy pulls a salt shaker thru the glass.... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6119531719408235115&q=japanese+magic

Thats Cyril. He makes some great illusions but rarely shares them with anyone.
mw91
cris angel is one of the best magicians i have ever seen but i hear that he uses fake audiences .
Sappho
mw91 wrote:
cris angel is one of the best magicians i have ever seen but i hear that he uses fake audiences .

Sorry to break it to you but with fake audience like that anyone can be freakin Gandalf if they want. Laughing So why you think he is the best? Smile
silvermesh
Mindfreak isn't so much about fooling the people standing near him as much as it is about fooling the people at home. think about it, and watch some of his tricks closely. In some instances there is OBVIOUS computer generated effect.
MyNameIsJim
There are two basic theories that can be applied to Cris Angel:
Theory 1: He uses fake audiences/set ups for most of his tricks that supposedly happen for random people and just does cheap parlor tricks for the real people.
Theory 2: He has sold his soul to the devil and thereby has been granted inhuman powers, but will be eternally damned.
Pick the one that suits you.
Helios
He's using theory one, but looks like the guy from theory 2.
jongoldsz
lol, that is one of those illusions, it is similar to a flying illusion, but done in water.
skygaia
Oh.. What a man....

Acutally I don't believe a magic. And I think it's impossible to happen it in real world. But I don't know how he could do it...
Just amazing... ^^

I think there were some tricks.. I can't find them out..
And.... It could be called "a great magic" before someone find out the secret..

Anyway, thank you for showing interesing movie
erlendhg
I have no answer to the question, but I find this rather amazing. It΄s fun to watch illusionists do their things, but annoying to not understand how they do it Razz
Vanilla
milkmandan wrote:
i think he went on a trip to the himilayan mountains and stumbled upon a cave with a magic dwarf in it. he spoke to the dwarf and said, "i need something that will allow me to walk on water", so the dwarf went into his closet and pulled out a pair of shoes... but these were no regular pumas or nikes.. they were walking-on-water shoes.

really though: no idea

LMAO Laughing

I think it can be a submerse platform. Nobody walks through the line that he walks into. Okey, I may be wrong because I didn't saw the entire video. But it didn't convinced me. I'm way too skeptical to believe it! Rolling Eyes
izcool
There's a couple of things that I can look at with this. The first thing that I'm thinking is that he's using clear stilts to walk on the bottom of the water with. It could be a very thin lining where he's walking on too, although I'm still not sure on this. The second thing that I'm thinking is that I wonder why it's not been done before in our history. I would have been impressed to read in my U.S. History book that everyone walked across the Atlantic Ocean to get to America instead of taking the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria. Wink I'm sure there's a website out there that can explain it better for us.

Oh, this is a bit off-topic, but it looks like Bunny's evil plan is working, as I see 2 other people in this thread that have Bunny in their signatures. Very Happy Thanks guys. (I seen Bunny on another forum and got his evil powers even better by bringing it to FriHost).

- Mike.
Claywarrior
theres a plexi glass walkway in the water. notice how no one swam INFRONT of him, just to the side or below.
mceejaydee
That's crazy Shocked I've always been a big fan of the mindfreak. I haven't done magic in awhile and I think you just got me into doing magic tricks again. Thanks Razz I could tell you one thing, the people shoulda been more amazed and/or scared.
Alpha Dude
hmmm, how can there be some kind of lining, when he deliberately chucked he shoes off?

Arrghh, these kind of things bug me sooo much, you can never really know how they work Sad

I saw one clip on the net with someone that walked through glass, not sure if it was the same guy as in this clip though...
Sappho
Alpha Dude wrote:
hmmm, how can there be some kind of lining, when he deliberately chucked he shoes off?

Did you watch it closely? He shook his shoe off right where small gap was and then he stepped over it. I would be impressed maybe if he stepped right where he shook his shoe off Wink
sibbahz
There really must be a platform below his feet. There is no way whatsoever that could be done otherwise without freezing the water and that is obviously not the case.
dirkrock8
Yea
It doesn't take a genius to now how he does it. He doesn't need any special techniques because all of the audience is in on it. You can immediately tell by their reactions during the post interviews. If you actually saw someone walk on water before your eyes it would change your life. You would be awestruck dumbfounded and flocking to this person with your praise and also many would probably want him to help them with their problems( i.e youd see alot of crying going on.). On mindfreak the people afterwards are like "wow that was awesome", "It certainly was cool", "Chris Angel is a totally cool guy" stuff like that. Not the extraordinary reactions you would expect from people recently witnessing a miracle. I would think that the ability to walk on water would qualify you as more than a really cool guy. Everyone is in on it and its filmed. It is just about as magic as anything you see in a movie or TV show. Also, if Chris Angel has powers that would imply that others possess them as well. So all these other people stay in the shadows and allow one of them to make money by performing feats infront of normal people. I think they would have a bone to pick with someone who performs their art for the masses.

Every trick he does is even less amazing than ones done by real magicians because he does them for the camera with multiple takes and edited shots.

People please dont believe him
skygaia
Hm......
I have no idea but I wish I could do that Confused
DSGamer3002
1) Criss Angel is an "illusionist", not a magician. There are no such things as magicians. Therefore, at least 90% of his tricks are mere illusions to the eye. The other 10% I do believe are used with fake audiences and some really nice editing skills on a computer. (I saw this episode where he made an elephant disappear. It's impossible to delete matter from existence completely, so the only way is to film the stunt very carefully and not film the part where they move the elephant off the set.)

2) As for this trick, I've heard of two possibilities. One is that on the heels of his feet he has some sort of floaters that are buoyant enough to carry his body weight over the water. The other is that there is some sort of invisible layer or platform he's walking along. Notice he goes in a straight line. Smile
Philou
Walking on water, eh?

*thinks*

It's Jesus..! Rolling Eyes
equil
Most of the things Criss Angel does like walking on water, levitation etc appear to be magic but are in fact TRICKS. These are all camera tricks and special effects. If you have seen any new hollywood movie like The Matrix and the like, you would know what I mean.
Having said that, I must say that some the things he does are real and can be termed as stunts. For example lying on a bed of nails etc. But these stunts don't involve supernatural phenomenon. These are scientific facts and anyone can do them.
truespeed
I saw this trick,the people around him were clearly extra's,as for walking on the water, there was obviously some clear perspex below him,wether it was one long line or a few blocks,im not sure, but he was very careful where he was placing his feet as he walked across,like he was looking for the next block to step on to.
raine dragon
ncwdavid wrote:
Saber wrote:

Thats Cyril. He makes some great illusions but rarely shares them with anyone.

he certainly doing something with the shaker.. he's taking way to long to bring it through the table, and struggling with his hand way too much..

and with the coin, he was too particular about picking it from her hand, either he got two from her, or he had one already he had to match..
CMA
it's a fact that he uses fake audiences most of the time. he said it himself.
I don't know about this trick, though I also bet on the platforms with gaps in-between for special effects.

If you've ever seen his levitation trick, though, this is one of those that he himself explained to the audience how he did it. search for it on youtube.
watson50
In my childhood I also watched this kind of magical incident that a magician walked on the sea. It's really amazing but, I don't know how it could possible. After this incident i think they are really great.
Bockman
watson50 wrote:
In my childhood I also watched this kind of magical incident that a magician walked on the sea. It's really amazing but, I don't know how it could possible. After this incident i think they are really great.

Watson, first of all welcome to our community.

Just as a heads up, this is a 2 year old topic (don't know how you found it) and no one had replied to it in the last 6 months.

Moreover i don't think the video is available anymore.

I'll -close- this topic for now to prevent other people replying here, and Watson, fell free to participate in other topics, but make sure you check for post dates (on the top of each post).
Posting in old topics is not disallowed, but it must be made with a good reason (and honestly i think you did it unknowing that this was a "dead" topic. If I'm wrong please pm me about it)

Be well Cool