FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Spyware

jarred89
Hello,
I have heaps of spyware in my computer does anyone know a good program that will fix it and get rid of it all. Thanks
mathiaus
While there are many programs, I personally suggest a free version of spybot search & destroy. This has always proven to be the most effective for myself and should remove all your spyware Smile
manumiglani
well I use Ad-Aware SE Personal, Its completely free....

you can download it here free of cost from http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html
orno
if u r sure u have lots of spyware i would recommend not only using spybot and ad-aware but also one of the web based cleaners (symantec and trend-micro have web based scanners i think)....there's lots of stuff that one program catches which another doesn't.... and with spyware its always better to be safe than sorry
kiranaghor
spy sweeper is also good. I am happy with Spybot n Adware 1.06.
I have also heard of microsoft antispyware.
zyee
you may wish to try on noadware, it work perfact for me, or you may also use spyware doctor, my friend recomended this to me.
looksbad
Ewido.. download the free trial it uses the on access scanner for i think its 30 days.. and after that it turns off but you can still update and use the manual scanner whenever.. Its way better than Ad-aware and Spybot.. S&D.. but a combination of the 3 is almost 100% effective.
Josso
I use a combination of:

Ad-Aware
Spybot - Search & Destroy
AVG Free Edition

Also try setting your firewall to "Tight" and also cookies to medium high, works for me I get very little spyware.
bnbrown
Use "Ad-aware" it's a great freeware for killing spyes!
eldarian
SpyBot and some kind of firewall. It helps in 70%.
Bones
I prefer Ad-Aware, Spybot and Hijack This
anthonygerbils
well many of these programs named were over laped there is a great range of anti-spyware programs on http://www.download.com/Security-Spyware/2001-2023_4-0.html?tag=dir and most are free so go take a look
budazz
spybot and adaware are free and great programs too
DivineConclave
I use:
•Ad-Aware SE Pro
•RemoveIT Pro 2.3 SE
Trend Micro online scan

You should never rely on any ONE program. It WILL miss things.
DivineConclave
eldarian wrote:
SpyBot and some kind of firewall. It helps in 70%.

For the firewall, I recommend Sygate. It's free and very easy to use... and still extremely customizable and efficient.
I highly recommend shutting OFF your windows firewall (for you XP users).
ShahabJafri
I would suggest you to use:
Spybot Search N Destroy & Ad Aware for regular scans and clean up of spywares and Spyware Blaster for spyware protection.

Moreover have a look at my post for an extensive reply. [/list]
zplitstonez
hello everyone
well spybot search and destroy is very good,
i think you should also try xoftspy and noAdware.

i am using this now. excellent anti-spyware tool
worth a try.

thank you
DivineConclave
zplitstonez wrote:
hello everyone
well spybot search and destroy is very good,
i think you should also try xoftspy and noAdware.

i am using this now. excellent anti-spyware tool
worth a try.

thank you

I had serious issues with xoftspy. It may have been an isolated incident, but it ate more resources and crashed my system.
Hammy
Hey, Sorry to ruin your good remarks toward Spybot search and destroy, Ad-aware and them... I've tried them, and yeah there good. But they dont run in the background and protect you constantly.

I find that the new microsoft 'Windows Defender Beta 2' is the spyware/ad-aware removal tool. It also runs in the background constantly protecting your computer and you dont even realise it. It just kicks in now and then when it find something unwanted trying to get in our PC.

Get Windows Defender Here.

Hammy.
DivineConclave
Hammy wrote:
Hey, Sorry to ruin your good remarks toward Spybot search and destroy, Ad-aware and them... I've tried them, and yeah there good. But they dont run in the background and protect you constantly.

I find that the new microsoft 'Windows Defender Beta 2' is the spyware/ad-aware removal tool. It also runs in the background constantly protecting your computer and you dont even realise it. It just kicks in now and then when it find something unwanted trying to get in our PC.

Get Windows Defender Here.

Hammy.

The free adaware version doesn't run in the background. However, the licensed version does have that ability.
I dunno.. anything with the words "Windows" and "Beta" in the same name worries me. :-/
tony
well the best solution of course is to reformat and switch to linux so you never have to worry about spyware, adware, viruses, or trojan horses again. but if you're intent on using windows, try switching your web browser to firefox and installing spybot: search & destroy.
askchris
If you are on a budget, or just want something for free and fast try out Spyware terminator, this is a totally free program, which has clam antivirus integrated into it and provides real time scanning, daily updates, scheduled scans, and it is low on system resources as compared to other pay programs try the link below

http://www.spywareterminator.com
DivineConclave
tony wrote:
well the best solution of course is to reformat and switch to linux so you never have to worry about spyware, adware, viruses, or trojan horses again. but if you're intent on using windows, try switching your web browser to firefox and installing spybot: search & destroy.

touché. Wink
LOL

I would love to switch to Linux, personally. But there isn't enough support for lighting design software... yet.