FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

fastest ftp transfer?

loyal
Which transfer is the fastest in ftp programs such as smartftp, active or passive mode?
zjosie729
I don't know if it is the fastest, but I use filezilla and I like it very much. Plus, it's free.
kelvinpoon
fast connection speed is the most important.
so it is not depending on the software you use.
orno
the mode u use (active/passive) doesnt affect the speed in any way (or atleast shouldn't)...those are just ways to connect to the server/client....for example if someone is behind a firewall he might want to use passive mode as an active connection could be blocked...
wakeup
right. file zilla is free, reliable and secure. i recommend it too
bugra9
Cute FTP Home 7.1 is free(30-day trial), reliable and secure.

Download Link: ftp://ftp.globalscape.com/pub/cuteftp/cuteftp.exe
wakeup
bugra9 wrote:
Cute FTP Home 7.1 is free(30-day trial), reliable and secure.

Download Link: ftp://ftp.globalscape.com/pub/cuteftp/cuteftp.exe

you r right bugra, but filezilla is able to do everything like cuteftp. http://filezilla.sourceforge.net (i wish thats the right url)
mustaq
loyal wrote:
Which transfer is the fastest in ftp programs such as smartftp, active or passive mode?

i dodnt think so there is any fast ftp program everything depend on your internet spped connection and your server load
one more thing when you upload the files you should check your setting no.of file to upload in one time if you give 1 ftp will transfer only one file at a time if you give 10 ftp will upload 10 files at a time better to keep 5 its a decent one
about the software i suggest you to use filezilla its free and really good easy to use not like cute or smart ftp
Josso
Yeah, it will more matter about your connection than the program. I personally use SmartFTP but the file manager in your directadmin is rumoured to be faster.
cloudship
i always use Flashfxp and it works fine by my side.

whether to use the active or passive mode i think is dependent of the ftp server. But in my opinion, active is faster. hehe
looksbad
whats wrong with smartftp Shocked i like it.. works great for me i've never had a prob with it.
bnbrown
FileZilla recommended!
mustaq
Josso wrote:
Yeah, it will more matter about your connection than the program. I personally use SmartFTP but the file manager in your directadmin is rumoured to be faster.

i belive once you use filzilla you wont get back to smart ftp or any thign other stuff its really hand easy to operater good screen design best part is open soucre