FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

irc bouncers

Oblivion-Zion
I was wondering after viewing the eggdrop thread....if my project had a irc chanel and i used a bouncer does that go against any of the tos rules? i havent seen it in there but i want to make sure.
Bondings
Irc is strictly not allowed on our servers. Datacenter policy. Wink
Oblivion-Zion
You misunderstand what i mean.......ill have my own irc channel ppl will use a external program to join it, my question is if i used a bouncer while in my channel would that be breaking tos as it is part of my company whihc is hosted by frihost.
Bondings
Oblivion-Zion wrote:
You misunderstand what i mean.......ill have my own irc channel ppl will use a external program to join it, my question is if i used a bouncer while in my channel would that be breaking tos as it is part of my company whihc is hosted by frihost.

Well the bouncer is also using irc, so that's not allowed either.
Oblivion-Zion
so even though its not on your server/my ftp whatsoever its still not allowed?
Bondings
Oblivion-Zion wrote:
so even though its not on your server/my ftp whatsoever its still not allowed?

You mean the bouncer wouldn't be on our server?
Blaster
it don't look like its going on your server. When i looked at http://www.ircbouncer.com/ you could make on there. Although there it would cost you money.
Oblivion-Zion
an irc bouncer is a tool use to act as a bot for while your offline and stores any msges u may get, basically enables you to idle in a irc room whne your not actually online.

it wont be on your server the place you buy the bouncer from hosts it
Bondings
Oblivion-Zion wrote:
an irc bouncer is a tool use to act as a bot for while your offline and stores any msges u may get, basically enables you to idle in a irc room whne your not actually online.

it wont be on your server the place you buy the bouncer from hosts it

So if I understand it correctly both the irc server and bouncer won't be on Frihost?

The thing is that on our servers, irc isn't allowed. Whatever you do outside is none of our business and poses no problem, certainly not if it is legal which is the case here.