FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Japanese Sailor Moon

trickstott
I'm a big fan of the Sailor Moon series that I have seen on cartoon network, but it is really easy to see that large sections have been cut out. (Example: the first season finale was an hour in Japan, but only a half hour in the US)

Are there any cheap recordings of the Japanese versions that are region 1 encoded? Hopefully these will be subtitled.

Thanks,
Trick
blaik2k4
its true that the japanese series is better however the us version brought anime fandom to an all time high in the us. I like the live action sailormoon best it came out 2 years ago and lasted 50 acts and 2 specials. it was a really good show and the acting was great. it seamed more like a drama then a former kids show. there were really crummy costumes though but it was done on purpose. iguess its a type of japanese commedy. it relesed several singles and 3 full length music albums Razz
supposing
trickstott wrote:
I'm a big fan of the Sailor Moon series that I have seen on cartoon network, but it is really easy to see that large sections have been cut out. (Example: the first season finale was an hour in Japan, but only a half hour in the US)

Are there any cheap recordings of the Japanese versions that are region 1 encoded? Hopefully these will be subtitled.

Thanks,
Trick

Back in the day (about 5 years ago), I was able to buy subtitled Sailor Moon tapes from fansubbers for about $5 a pop. I don't have any of the names, but a quick google search for sailor moon fansubs popped up someone else's answer to a similar question, which looks more helpful than I can be!

http://experts.about.com/q/Anime-3261/Sailor-Moon-Fansubs.htm

Good luck ^_^.

Sailor moon dubs make me cry, though I am greatful that it did so much to popularize anime here.
sarsee
Search up youtube.com . There are some subbed episodes on there.

A fansubbing group is subtitling the last season of Sailor Moon (Sailor Stars): http://a.scarywater.net/live-evil/

Live Evil does a great job in subbing!
ashen
Hm... Sailor Moon is an old Anime. I'm not sure it's still avaible.
Maybe you can find it on the fansites. Usually they always put the links to download the anime and the other related stuff.
Becky
I used to watch Sailor Moon all the time, it was an awesome show <3
Havent watched it in ages..might go and watch it on youtube now Cool
exarkun
Yes it is a good anime. I used to watch it everyday on television. Pretty girls, nice voice, nice speech... Can't really get anymore out of them Wink
TwinkleCarnage
Did you try looking on YesAsia.com? another good site is animecollector.com (that's where i got Sailor Moon Stars series real cheap)
em0o
lol. The live action sailor moon series was great! the first couple of episodes were pure cheese but as the story develops theres more drama and it's pretty well developed. It's not so corny and the music is catchy too.
jasmine
I used to be a sailormoon fan and my favorite season was the Sailor Stars season (the one with the three lights). Very Happy
eku53ru
Sailor Moon was the series that got me into anime. A few years back, ADV Films released the first three seasons, I believe, uncut and subtitled. Pioneer/Geneon released SuperS, but StarS never made it here beyond the manga form (it had to do something with all the changes that were made - especially the Starlights - that turned the anime into PG-13 over here).

There were plans to re-release the entire series here, but those were scrapped. It's a shame, really; I was only able to grab one volume of the SuperS series and a fansub tape of StarS. Sad
jasmine
well at least you had copies...

The only Sailormoon merchandise I have is the Best Collection CD of the series. Smile