FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


:D Tattoos?





zanzou
So, I just got my first tattoo.... it's not exactly tribal, but that's pretty much the best description of how it looks.

The outline was definately the most painful part. The filling in was okay, but anything that was on my lower back KILLED. (It was kinda big.... below my shoulder blades down to my mid lower back.)

While it was painful, it was totally worth it. Anybody else have tattoos? Want them? Regret them?
Jeslyn
I want one, but I'm terrified of needles... and pain... and later regretting it. So I suppose I'm not one of the best candidates for getting a tattoo.
Josso
I'd have one if I wanted but I don't know if I can be bothered, needles and stuff like that don't worry me too much to be honest. I was going to get a massive Aphex logo (like my avatar) on my back or something (scrapped the shoulder idea, I have no muscles Laughing). We shall see I suppose.
mceejaydee
How painful is it? I want one on my neck that says "Your Mom"
Josso
mceejaydee wrote:
How painful is it? I want one on my neck that says "Your Mom"


Laughing Laughing Laughing
Made me laugh, wood be great for shopping queues.
zanzou
Jeslyn wrote:
I want one, but I'm terrified of needles... and pain... and later regretting it. So I suppose I'm not one of the best candidates for getting a tattoo.


If you give yourself a lot of time to think about what you want, and don't have second thoughts in all that time, you should be good. I waited almost SIX MONTHS before getting mine. :D I'm so happy with it.

Don't worry about needles; it's not like a needle at all... it looks more like a dentist tool sorta thing, in my opinion. As for pain... just don't get it in one of the pain areas (lower back, spine, neck, ankle...) Arms and shoulder blades wouldn't be too bad. Hips too. :D

As long as you're sure of it, it's totally worth it. XD
zanzou
Josso wrote:
I'd have one if I wanted but I don't know if I can be bothered, needles and stuff like that don't worry me too much to be honest. I was going to get a massive Aphex logo (like my avatar) on my back or something (scrapped the shoulder idea, I have no muscles :lol:). We shall see I suppose.


If you don't really want one, don't bother. Being unsure = not a good idea to get it at all. >_>
zanzou
mceejaydee wrote:
How painful is it? I want one on my neck that says "Your Mom"


That would reeeeeally hurt, if it was on your neck. That's a high center of nerves, and your spine is there and.. yeah. Try your arm? Neck isn't a great idea for the first one. :(
Dark_Jedi06
My brother just got a tattoo of a pheonix that covers his entire back...I'm yet to see it, but I'm sure it's stunning.

As for me, I'd really like to get an Iron Cross on either of my shoulder blades. Wink
Zug Zug
I think tatoos are soooo gross. No offense, heh i just don't like them. BUT there are some pretty cool ones. My friend Zach has a geisha on his back, full kimono, with a red dragon to her left and a silver/black dragon on the right, with a water fall in the back ground. it's awesome!!! ^_^
frozenhead
Having tatooes is really a nice idea for me. It's just like more of a cultural way of defining what and where you came from (just like some of our indegenous tribes in our country). Expressing who you are. For me again, maybe not now though who knows? Wink
Vrythramax
zanzou wrote:
So, I just got my first tattoo.... it's not exactly tribal, but that's pretty much the best description of how it looks.

The outline was definately the most painful part. The filling in was okay, but anything that was on my lower back KILLED. (It was kinda big.... below my shoulder blades down to my mid lower back.)

While it was painful, it was totally worth it. Anybody else have tattoos? Want them? Regret them?



AHHHH..at last a subject I can sink my teeth into! I have 57 (yes 57 if you want to come over and count them) tattoos. Both of my arms are sleeved, I have 4 tats on my throat and neck, the backs of my hands are tattooed as are my legs, and I have a 3.5 foot dragon that starts on my left thigh and covers my back to my right shoulder. No, I do not regret any of mine. BTW...tribal is way cool, I have a tribal dragon on the right side of my throat, and a tribal eagle on the left side. I am Celtish by birth so I tend to lean towards celtish knotwork, but I feel tribal is not far off that mark.

Congrats on your new tat, keep it out of the sun without using a sunblocker for the first month or or it will fade and you will have "holidays" (missing spots of dye).

To all of you who ask if tattoos hurt...not after they heal Razz
Vrythramax
*note*...the reason the outline hurts most is because the artist is cutting skin for the first time, usually after a break (time wise) after the outline, the shading uses many more needles and the surrounding skin has be desensatized by the outline. yes it will feel like a bad sunburn, not not near as much as the outline.


For what's it's worth...I still dread the outline Sad
mceejaydee
zanzou wrote:
mceejaydee wrote:
How painful is it? I want one on my neck that says "Your Mom"


That would reeeeeally hurt, if it was on your neck. That's a high center of nerves, and your spine is there and.. yeah. Try your arm? Neck isn't a great idea for the first one. Sad


You think on the butt cheek would hurt? I'll just get one there with "Your Mom" since having one on the neck is "painful" but I would feel like i'll be copying Steve-O Very Happy
Ellosha
Well, I personally don't want a tattoo. The needles are okay, its the permanence that gets to me. Something about knowing I'll have it forever worries me.

My friend got angel wings tattooed on her back, and they are absolutely stunning.

If I were to get one, I would probably want one on the small of my back, though.
godam64
i don't want any tattoo in my body.
it's forbidden by my religion to have tattoo in any circumtances.

i think every body should only make temporary tattoes in their body.
so if you still like your tattooes you can make it again.
then if you get bored you just have to wait until it dissapear. Very Happy
you can change your mind about your tattoo soon or later.

it's the same situation like changing yourself a transexual. in the first you may like it, but you can regret it after some times. think smart Cool
hades9366
Got my first years ago and have been waiting ages to get another. I'm going in for my second in two weeks time.
zanzou
Vrythramax wrote:
AHHHH..at last a subject I can sink my teeth into! I have 57 (yes 57 if you want to come over and count them) tattoos. Both of my arms are sleeved, I have 4 tats on my throat and neck, the backs of my hands are tattooed as are my legs, and I have a 3.5 foot dragon that starts on my left thigh and covers my back to my right shoulder. No, I do not regret any of mine. BTW...tribal is way cool, I have a tribal dragon on the right side of my throat, and a tribal eagle on the left side. I am Celtish by birth so I tend to lean towards celtish knotwork, but I feel tribal is not far off that mark.

Congrats on your new tat, keep it out of the sun without using a sunblocker for the first month or or it will fade and you will have "holidays" (missing spots of dye).

To all of you who ask if tattoos hurt...not after they heal :P


Oh wow.... 57. That's so many more than I can even imagine having. XD

I think it's a lot easier for guys to have lots and lots of tattoos without the world seeing them as weird; it's okay for them to have a few, but they become "extreme" with a lot less than it would take for a guy (in the eyes of regular society, not people who actually GET tattoos... heh.)

I only plan on having about 5-10.... one more big one (the same sort of leg/thigh/moving up one) and a bunch of smaller ones.

I'm really happy my tattoo is actually nowhere near as painful (now) as I thought it might be... my best friend got Bettie Paige on her back, and she seemed to be super sensitive for quite a few WEEKS afterwards... I'm on Day 2, and feeling pretty good. Hurrah!

Which was the most painful? *so horribly curious*
zanzou
Vrythramax wrote:
*note*...the reason the outline hurts most is because the artist is cutting skin for the first time, usually after a break (time wise) after the outline, the shading uses many more needles and the surrounding skin has be desensatized by the outline. yes it will feel like a bad sunburn, not not near as much as the outline.


For what's it's worth...I still dread the outline :(


XD That doesn't really make me feel better.... Now I know I won't get used to it! Though it's good to know I'm not just a wimp.
zanzou
mceejaydee wrote:
That would reeeeeally hurt, if it was on your neck. That's a high center of nerves, and your spine is there and.. yeah. Try your arm? Neck isn't a great idea for the first one. :(


You think on the butt cheek would hurt? I'll just get one there with "Your Mom" since having one on the neck is "painful" but I would feel like i'll be copying Steve-O :D[/quote]

I imagine on your butt wouldn't be too bad, since it's mostly just fat & muscle, no nasty bones to get in the way.
zanzou
godam64 wrote:
it's the same situation like changing yourself a transexual. in the first you may like it, but you can regret it after some times. think smart 8)


To become a transexual, there's a hugely long process (if you're doing it legit). You have to live as a woman, taking all the hormones, for a bunch of months, maybe even a year.. it's not a rash decision at all.

There's also the whole "born as a [opposite gender]" thing, but that's not what we're here for.

Henna is a good move for people who don't want to permanently mark their bodies... it's temp, as well as being totalluy gorgeous. *big fan of it* I like the idea of that a lot more than air brush or rub on tattoos.
zanzou
hades9366 wrote:
Got my first years ago and have been waiting ages to get another. I'm going in for my second in two weeks time.


What are you getting?
windrei
i want one on the shoulder, just a symbol that i draw, and i only want black color. i don't like the color tones of tatoos. i just like a pattern on my body.
zanzou
windrei wrote:
i want one on the shoulder, just a symbol that i draw, and i only want black color. i don't like the color tones of tatoos. i just like a pattern on my body.


Mine's in black, but don't give up on colour! I have a friend who designed her own, of a cherry tree branch blowing it's blossoms in the wind (the blossoms are pink).. it's so gorgeous it's unbelievable. Just light colours like that are really nice, in my opinion.
Mrs Lycos
I once saw on TV a woman who had tatooed her whole body with jaguar spots, even her face to look like a big wild cat. It looked cool, but when you come to think about it, what if you ever regret of that. I mean, it's something that will be on your body the rest of your life. I think of that woman going to work, walking on the street, doing ordinary things and it was like oh my god!
I suppose getting one small one is not exactly so extreme as this case, but it's all the same something you have to have forever. I wouldn't change my body like that.
mtoni
tattoos are cool... (seen the Prison Break dude ? )
don't know if ill get one, though.

at least ill wait till my body has fully grown
area547
You have any pictures of your tattoo?
I wanted either a scorpionon my shoulderblade or a cross on my back (medium size, not too big). But then I joined the Navy and signed away my right to getting a tattoo until a certain time.
Bastards don't want me marked I guess.
Helios
I have one from prison...














j.k.
I will do one when I get to prison first Razz
zanzou
area547 wrote:
You have any pictures of your tattoo?
I wanted either a scorpionon my shoulderblade or a cross on my back (medium size, not too big). But then I joined the Navy and signed away my right to getting a tattoo until a certain time.
Bastards don't want me marked I guess.


No pictures yet... XD I need to find my digital camera first.

I didn't know the navy had rules about tattoos-- what are they?
crimson_aria
I think tattoos are nice depending on the image. I remember seeing a beatiful tattoo on a man. It was cute. I also remember the tattoo our neighbor has. It's the image of her one and only love, on his right breast.
milkmandan
watch out! tattooing is addictive! the ink that the needle is dipped into contains traces of a plant that is a close sister to the plant used for heroin.

well, not really.. it's just addictive, haha. right after i got my first i wanted another. i ended up waiting a couple years before i got the next, and even when i knew what i wanted it took me probably six months to get the design right.

just be sure that you know what you want, and that you're not just getting a tattoo for the sake of getting one. i think it's important that tattoos have some personal meaning to them... as if the experiences in your life are just being pushed out from your body to the surface of your skin.
hades9366
zanzou wrote:
hades9366 wrote:
Got my first years ago and have been waiting ages to get another. I'm going in for my second in two weeks time.


What are you getting?


A tribal design on my right calf. My first was a tribal back piece.
Scotty Too Hotty
ive got one. The first one i got was a couple years ago. Its a tribal Shark on my Right SHoulder Blade. The guy that did it the first time did a bad job with the outline, so i went back one day and they did massive touch-up at no charge. I also got them to add some more Color to it (yes i know its tribal) i got Some blue's and red's added to it not in it but around it in swirly kind of fashion.

I have 3 more planned out so far. One on my Chest (right on the stermnim) one on my Left SHoulder (to cap it) and another on my Right Calf.

The one on my calf is Goign to be my initials done up in some style of Scribe font. The one on my Left shoulder is the one that i think i would regret most hence i am most leary about it. What it is is a Picture of Mysterio from Spiderman with his torso basically. The rest will be kind of Clouded like he is in the cartoons.

On my chest i want to get a star outline done in Red or Black. Inside the star i want a Chinease Japanease (whichever design i like better) for Unique. I want the inside of the star shaded inwards in Grey. On the ouside on one side of the star i want my Sun Astrology sign. Scorpio (not the scorpion but rather the M symbol that it stands for as well. and on the other side iw ant my moon symbol which is virgo. All of it put together in a kind of shaded background. Kinda smokey.

VIRGO

Scorpio
Tatsumaru
Tattoos are pretty cool, I'd like to have one covering my forearms or my back. I will probably never get one though, I'm afraid I might regret them some day.
mw91
my friend has a tatoo on his shoulder of an alien (from alien) bursting out, its really realistic you can even see the skin ripping effect. I myself want one on my arm to make it look bionic, like terminator.
zanzou
milkmandan wrote:


well, not really.. it's just addictive, haha. right after i got my first i wanted another. i ended up waiting a couple years before i got the next, and even when i knew what i wanted it took me probably six months to get the design right.


:o! Wow.... both myself and my bf (who got one a few months earlier) agreed that we felt like waiting after our first. XD It was seriously exhausting... I don't think I could handle getting one, for at least around 6 months.
zanzou
hades9366 wrote:

A tribal design on my right calf. My first was a tribal back piece.


:] Awesome. You should link us pictures! :D
zanzou
mw91 wrote:
my friend has a tatoo on his shoulder of an alien (from alien) bursting out, its really realistic you can even see the skin ripping effect. I myself want one on my arm to make it look bionic, like terminator.


That's awesome.

Also, hurrah for bionic arms! :D
SusieSmacktard
I would like a tattoo someday, but first I have to psych myself up for the pain. I'm a wuss when it comes to pain. Second, I need a design. I'm not an artist so I suppose I'd have to hire someone to create a design for me. The nicest tattoo I ever saw was on a woman who had the Egyptian goddess Isis in great detail across her entire back. It was amazing.
meet in rio
I've recently become obsessed with tattoos. I don't know that I'd ever get one done, but I've been looking at pictures of them for hours.

http://i14.tinypic.com/2rdakq8.jpg

I love that one---it'll be beautiful when it's coloured.

Nothing on my tummy or boobs, though. Ever. I want babies, and babies stretch you!

The pain isn't really something I think about. I actually despire needles, but when you're going to mark yourself for life, I don't think the pain should be your biggest issue.

It's a shame that they fade, though. Sharp, new tattoos are gorgeous but faded ones look a bit iffy. Is it easy to get them touched up like new?
Vrythramax
Please use the search feature...this topic has been covered in depth.

-closed-
Related topics
Ladder to Success
Do You Have a Tatto?
What do you value most in life? Why?
Joking....
Eminem impersonator faces life in prison
Change of plans
Muslim women in India burn St. Valentines cards
happy birthday to me!!
Google Whacking
wat is your dreamman or girl
Hello, and Buona Sera
Tattoos
What does the Bible say about tattoos / body piercings?
Religulous Tattoos
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.