FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

15 minutes online

manumiglani
how about using this ?

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=192381

Quote:
Makes it so it shows users who are online in the past 15 minutes instead of five. Great way to make people think more people are visiting your board until they read that it is the past 15 minutes instead of five.
Blaster
i think it is set up past 5. I think he already has this installed. I just left for like 10 and and my account is still here.
LukeakaDanish
From the replies at the address you specified it doesnt look like a very good mod. - also Bondings hates MODS - he makes any changes himself.

I would personally hate having this MOD installed, as i usually decide what MOD/ADMIN to report stuff to based on who's online - that wouldnt work anymore.
Josso
Wouldn't this be one of those un-neccesary bandwidth eating type things? Anyway I don't think we need to look like more people are online... there's always a fair ammount of people on anyway Laughing
LukeakaDanish
Josso wrote:
Wouldn't this be one of those un-neccesary bandwidth eating type things? Anyway I don't think we need to look like more people are online... there's always a fair ammount of people on anyway Laughing

It may be many things, but i doubt it wouyld use up bandwidth - writing a few more names in a list uses literally no bandwidth (something like 50 bit Very Happy)

- There are wuite a few online...but we should really be breaking that record! Very Happy
Josso
LukeakaDanish wrote:
Josso wrote:

It may be many things, but i doubt it wouyld use up bandwidth - writing a few more names in a list uses literally no bandwidth (something like 50 bit Very Happy)

- There are wuite a few online...but we should really be breaking that record! Very Happy

Lol yeah that's what I thought originally, but with a lot of traffic things add up I suppose. Yeah records are there to be broken, maybe someone should organize a massive come online hour or something. That's what someone tried on another forum I visit regually, we nearly made it actually although the timing was stupid (friday night or something).
LukeakaDanish
Josso wrote:
LukeakaDanish wrote:

Lol yeah that's what I thought originally, but with a lot of traffic things add up I suppose. Yeah records are there to be broken, maybe someone should organize a massive come online hour or something. That's what someone tried on another forum I visit regually, we nearly made it actually although the timing was stupid (friday night or something).

Thats a really cool idea Very Happy - i might do this once im back from my holidays...and pay 1 frih$ to every member who's online Very Happy

edit: [ooh...its seams the record has been broken in my absence...it used to be some time in march i think]
alkady
Josso wrote:

Not really, Its more of a less real-time sort of mod. Plus it would make things worst because people will think their friends are on for example when they are really not.
Josso
Quote:
Not really, Its more of a less real-time sort of mod. Plus it would make things worst because people will think their friends are on for example when they are really not.

Yeah good point, even the 5 minute thing lags quite a bit sometimes so I suppose there'd be quite a bit delay in the supposedly 15 minute mod. This mod is becoming more pointless to me every post.
Blaster
yea i guess it wouldnt' work. I do the same thing as luke when i report stuff. Then again i just tell them on msn if they are on too Razz And as for the everyone come online how would you get the people that are set to not be viewed when online?
LukeakaDanish
Blaster wrote:
yea i guess it wouldnt' work. I do the same thing as luke when i report stuff. Then again i just tell them on msn if they are on too Razz And as for the everyone come online how would you get the people that are set to not be viewed when online?

I dont think we would need EVERYONE to come online - just 1000 or something...Very Happy - people with "dont display" set can just change it - or leave it and not be part of something beautiful Wink