FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rockstar : Supernova

sbel
Is this show contest popular in your area?
Jayfarer
Nope. The only part that I liked, from what I've seen, was when that one dark haired girl with a 'z' in her name told the band she never listened to their music because "she was in diapers back then."
bogger
Call me ignorant, but could someone

1) tell me what's this is

2) link me to somewhere that tells me what this is

It sounds.... strange
sonnyboy
It's a singing competition where the winner fronts the band Supernova that is made up of Tommy Lee, Jason Newstead, and Gilby Clarke.

http://rockstar.msn.com

My fiance watches it, since she liked last year's INXS season, but I'm not too sure if it's a big hit here (Toronto, Canada) or not. The INXS was big here though, because of the Toronto contestants.
sbel
It's a show. A singing competition, but this time the genre is rock. Just like what sonnyboy said. And the good thing is, the whole world gets to participate in the voting.

The INXS outcome was good. Coz they're so popular in south east asia.

But i guess Supernova will definitely be looking at Lukas or Dilana as their lead singer. I would be very surprised if both of them are eliminated.
sumangurung
I love this song andi must say i like it better then unforgiven ii. Metallica rocks and like everyone says they were better in the past.
I like their rhytm pattern and their absolutely beautiful lyrics. It depicts the the life so much.
sumangurung
The rockstar INXS was a big hit at my place. and my friends talked about it a lot. THe participants were talented and they are rocking.
I am not too sure about supernova. Only are handful are good and they are the only ones i can see leading the band. Dilana, Lukas and the iceland guy, forgot his name, are the contenders, that is wat i feel.
vexation
A lot of 'em don't have talent, true. I would like to see them write and perform their own original songs, although it isn't a requirement to sing in Supernova. I don't watch that show, watched it a little then stopped. For the style of music Supernova will play, I see Lukas as the best fit. However, if I were to judge by talent, I'd choose Matt, he does have a great voice and he did that Duran Duran song well. But still, its primarily glitz crap not completely based on talent. The people who can put up either the extremely flashy performances or the extremely "stripped" ones will be the ones who make it to the end, although both are great in moderation.
sbel
sumangurung wrote:

I am not too sure about supernova. Only are handful are good and they are the only ones i can see leading the band. Dilana, Lukas and the iceland guy, forgot his name, are the contenders, that is wat i feel.

after the performance of last week and the previous ... STORM LARGE is a worthy rocker. The contrast was fantastic. Last week, Ryan Star's performance was the best. Lukas' was bad. I don't know what on earth happened then
Moey
I saw one epidode. Its on CBS isnt it? Since I'm more into rock music, I like it more compared to like American Idol.
standready
I started watching 3 weeks ago. Interesting but I don't think any of them could last for the 90 minute sets night after night on tour. Some of them can hardly make it through the 2 minutes on stage. Good luck to them!
jipmerite
I watched two episodes recently. I don't think this show is very popular in India. For me personally I am more into slow soothing music. I don't think I would follow the show regularly.

I followed the last season of Idol and I was rooting for Taylor from the beginning. I also thought Paris would go further than she did, but then the Public knows best. Smile
standready
This is funny!
This I have been dog sitting. This dog has had to deal with my loud stereo playing rock and little metal. Dog did care one bit, slrpted on the couch.
Tuesday, I am watching this show and the gal "Z" comes on and started singing. The dog's head pops up and looks then promptly leaves the room. I did not think much of it until the dog gave a repeat performance on Wednesday. I think the dog is happy "z" is gone.
bjwok
interesting useless information:

i went out with jenny for 5 months when i lived in vancouver in 2001, she has WAY more talent then anything she has done on this show.

having said that i have not watched much of the show (except for her parts) but it may be a good thing she is out, as it leaves more time now for 'yellowlight'.
twisthigh
I don't watch it that much, just time to time.. it's good though, some people have talent and some just don't.
engeland
Moey wrote:
I saw one epidode. Its on CBS isnt it? Since I'm more into rock music, I like it more compared to like American Idol.

Hyea same here. I don't know if you all caught this week's episodes, but i'm beginning to think Dilana's so full of herself. Lukas is losing the spotlight and seems like Ryan Star is going through some rock metamorphosis. His original was awesome. I'd buy that if it ever came out.
engeland
I know im late in saying this but anyway. wohoo lukas won! Very Happy
anxiety1
not herd of this, might check it out seems funny