FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost Q and A

garionw
I had recived an invite to Windows Live QnA today and was just checking it out.

I think that It would be good for frihost to have one of these. you could ask a question which could cost 30 frih$ and if you have a good reputation that could be a lot less.

It would make the forums look a little less cluttered and could make more traffic to frihost
Blaster
I don't understand. Please expand on that more. You just like said a bunch of words and told us nothing about your point.
Helios
No thank you.
Bondings won't deal with such things, imho.

Let's wait for a reply from him, though.
LukeakaDanish
This seams entirely pointless!

Basically what you want to do is divert people AWAY from the forums...that sucks as the forums are the only thing frihost makes any money form - they need the extra traffic to their server!

I think this should be [closed] as there is no point in wasting bondings time with this kinda thing...
alkady
Useless, It's already free to post a question, Unless you meant giving the Frihoster who answers the question the money? That would be a better system.
Oblivion-Zion
alkady wrote:
Useless, It's already free to post a question, Unless you meant giving the Frihoster who answers the question the money? That would be a better system.

Yes i agree with that rather than this guys idea...his is useless but yours makes much more sense.
LukeakaDanish
alkady wrote:

That would be an appauling system!

Basically, what your saying is that we should start charging frih$ for assistance / support.

This means that new members, who dont have very many frih$ wont be able to get all the support they need!

Bad, bad, bad idea.
garionw
No, we could still have it as part of Frihost and still have advertising but organise it in a way that people who want general computer support can come in off the street, search for their question and hopefully get an answer. Then they think they like Frihost and support it in some other way.

The olny reason I said to charge for asking a question was to stop people asking 1001 questions and never answering anyone elses.
alkady
LukeakaDanish wrote:
alkady wrote:

That would be an appauling system!

Basically, what your saying is that we should start charging frih$ for assistance / support.

This means that new members, who dont have very many frih$ wont be able to get all the support they need!

Bad, bad, bad idea.

No, Your getting it wrong, What I meant was if you give the FRIH$ to the best answer, it would be an improvement to a system that looks like what we have now, Except Free.

Plus I never said paying Frih$ for answering questions would be great, I'd answer any question freely, Any time. And I have a track record to prove it... Wink
LukeakaDanish
alkady wrote:
LukeakaDanish wrote:

No, Your getting it wrong, What I meant was if you give the FRIH$ to the best answer, it would be an improvement to a system that looks like what we have now, Except Free.

Plus I never said paying Frih$ for answering questions would be great, I'd answer any question freely, Any time. And I have a track record to prove it... Wink

I know you are a decent forum member Wink, however i still dont like the sound of that idea - it could very quickly be so that many senior forum members only bothered to help members if they are payed - which would make it hard for newcomers to get support.

This is the main reason im installing phpbb for people for free - it stops people from making easy money from the newbies!
mathiaus
The original suggestion is not something Frihost will implement.

The oranisation needed for Alkady's suggestion would be immense and add extra pressure on the mods deciding who gave the best answer etc. It would also start competitions with people posting spam to try and answer first or people going off topic moving onto something else to try and just cram their post with info to try and get the points.

I don't think either would work Not talking
Blaster
alkady suggestion could get more users to post answers but i think some of them answers wouldn't help users or would tell them the wrong information. So i am with mathiaus. I really dont' think that would work to great. Plus it does put a lot more work on the mods.
alkady
Embarassed Now this is awkward. I think garionw should be getting credit, Not me. Since he suggested it.
garionw
alkady wrote:
Embarassed Now this is awkward. I think garionw should be getting credit, Not me. Since he suggested it.

Thats fine, a good idea needs work to be done

Has anyone actually seen Windows Live QnA