FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Debate: Stemcell Research

What do you think about Stemcell Reasearch?
Should Be Approved
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
Should'nt Be Approved
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Gavilan
Ok im sure you al have heard the story

I think that the whole thing about saving a life is a load of bull, what if the woman cant support the child, what if she does not want to give it up for adoption. If she already made the mistake of n ot using a condom, why does that baby has to get thrown away? what good is it in a waste dump? that could bu used to cure cancer and many many many other things
Vrythramax
With all due respect, you answer and reply to your own poll....you leave no room for dicussion, you have already come to your own conclusions and force them on others leaving nothing to really discuss Sad
MyNameIsJim
Either way, I think you need to do a little more research on stem cells, you are apparently talking about embryonic stems cells, while there are several different types, which do not involve the destruction of an embryo. Secondly, embryonic stem cells are still just being researched. All use of them for treatment of disease has failed therefore the thought that a discarded fetus might cure cancer is unlikely, at least at this point in the development of our technology. So no offense intended, but read a scientific/medical journal or something before you bring these things up so that you have the facts to argue your position on a topic.
S3nd K3ys
Vrythramax wrote:
With all due respect, you answer and reply to your own poll....you leave no room for dicussion, you have already come to your own conclusions and force them on others leaving nothing to really discuss Sad

No, vrythramax... you must have missed this part...

Quote:
I think that the whole thing about... blah blah blah

He put in his opinion. Something pretty much required by the rules at FH. Wink

And the poll was straightforward and contained no motivation in either way. (i.e. he didn't try to persuade you with the question)
haak_heu
Gavilan wrote:
Ok im sure you al have heard the story

I think that the whole thing about saving a life is a load of bull, what if the woman cant support the child, what if she does not want to give it up for adoption. If she already made the mistake of n ot using a condom, why does that baby has to get thrown away? what good is it in a waste dump? that could bu used to cure cancer and many many many other things

it should be done as it is a great thing it can produce revolution in the field of medical ..think about people whos organ cant work they can be replaced with no any rejection or drug usage , think of new vaccines which can help humans ..like anti seras which are made in animals can be made in the human cells and without reaction .....
irsmart
Does it really matter if it is a human? Killing is bad. Stem cell reasearch should be only allowed in certain cercumstances, where the person is going to die anyway
MyNameIsJim
haak_heu wrote:

it should be done as it is a great thing it can produce revolution in the field of medical ..think about people whos organ cant work they can be replaced with no any rejection or drug usage , think of new vaccines which can help humans ..like anti seras which are made in animals can be made in the human cells and without reaction .....

A person who has thier organs replaced with organs made from embryonic stem cells (which appear to be the subject of this thread) still has the chance of rejection due to the fact that they still come from genetically different sources. The treatment you are thinking of is using adult stem cells to creat tissues for use in the patient from which the cells were taken.