FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which processor do you use?

thelinxstuff
The question is the topic...

I use an AMD sempron 2600+ socket 754 with 1.6 GHz processor speed.

What do YOU use?
Ikthar
I use an Intel Mobile Centrino at 1,70 GHz.
Osprey
Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Socket AM2 (2.2 GHz Dual Core)

I just got this so I haven't really put it through it's paces but so far it seems pretty sweet. The dual core helps when running multiple programs, and allows you to still have things running in the background while playing CPU intensive games. Some day perhaps they will make games to take advantage of dual core CPU's.
NewGuyinTown
Computer is 4 years old with no upgrades except adding new hard drives to the system.

Intel Pentium 4 2.53 GHz

This old computer can still run the games my new computers do.
Alienz
Using AMD Athlon XP 1700+

My processor used for many years now. Mostly all my parts in my systems had been upgraded except processor and sound card Razz
peroxide
Mobile AMD Sempron 3000+
vaoger
my one the oldest of all.. haha
AMD DURON 700MHZ ONLY!!
HA HA !!
exarkun
Are you sure you are the oldest?
Want to see mine?

Intel Pentinum 3 600MHz

It was already 5 years old...
rayx
I'm using Intel Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz
paranoid
I'm using P4 3.0 GHz Smile
urbanbuddha
My Acer 3003WLMi laptop is using an AMD Semperion 3000+. Planning to swap it with an AMD Turion MT-40, once I find it >_>, since its obviously more powerful and consumes less battery.
zuk4u
AMD Sempron 3000+ (s939) - 1.8 GHz
cghq
AMD athlon 64 3200+
suntzu3500
AMD Athlon 64 3800+
bugra9
I use an Intel Mobile Centrino 1,70 GHz.
ForceRun
I think a better question is how does you processer handle games? I have my 3700+ AMD, and it is equal to Intel 4Ghz in running games. it does pretty good at recoding and burning too.
Antek88
I'm using amd athlon 64 3500+
kkzone
iam using AMD 64 3000+
j0zman
Pentium D (Dual Core) 3 GhZ
Josso
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+, ~2.2GHz

Confused It's an ok board but not that great, I'd rather have dual cores but that's for my next computer now.
QrafTee
I'm currently using a Pentium 4 HT 3.4 Ghz. I used to use an old computer which was a Celeron 466 Mhz... *shivers at the thought*
thelinxstuff wrote:
The question is the topic...

I use an AMD sempron 2600+ socket 754 with 1.6 GHz processor speed.

What do YOU use?
linkman2004
An AMD Athlon 1GHZ. I wish I didn't have an AMD, though. Check out this video to see why.

Oh, the horror

After seeing this video, I am never going to buy an AMD, EVER! Once I get a job I'm gonna get an Intel Core Duo laptop to get away from the evilness. Razz
gr3gg3r
I'm running on an Intel Pentium 4 Processor. 3.0 GHz with Hyper Threading technology. It's actually about 2 years old and I would really love to get a dual core processor.

Either that or a 64 bit processor, because when Windows Vista finally comes out I would like to see its full potential. But that mean i'll probably have to get a completely different machine, like the mother board and stuff. =/
angelussum
AMD Athlon XP 2Ghz. Yay.

Actually, this has been a really good computer for me. I'm definitely thinking of sticking with AMD in the future... the upcoming 2 Duo cores look sweet, might have to hook myself up with one.
eldarian
AMD Athlon 450MHz... he-he... Crying or Very sad
moejoe
Pentium 4 3.2GHz HT Supported.

CANT WAIT FOR THE

Intel Core 2 Duo "Conroe" CPUs

To come out! (Due end of this year)
E-Magination
P3 1000...

For Win2k its perfect.
DEViANCE
moejoe wrote:
Pentium 4 3.2GHz HT Supported.

CANT WAIT FOR THE

Intel Core 2 Duo "Conroe" CPUs

To come out! (Due end of this year)

same her =]
eqfan
i use an AMD Athlon XP 1600+
amusic
Mine is Intel Pentium 4 1.8GHz , so far it's ok. But going to change it to core duo coz I need to increase the PC performance for multitasking.
fashioncrimewave
intel pentium M 1.8 GHz on my laptop.

AMD athlon 1 GHz on my 6-yr old PC.
tony
AMD Sempron 3300+
Bourgondier
I have really good one, a intel pentium D Dual-core 2x 2.8Ghz
cloudy
My processor is old and bad. It's a Pentium 4 2.4GHz, which is (I think) the very last model before hyper-threading was introduced. Oh well.
william
A Pentium 4 at 2.8 GHz, 800 MHz Front Side Bus, 1 MB L2 Cache, with Hyper Threading Technology.
Joe944
I'm currently running an AMD X2 3800+ with a mild oc of 2.15ghz.

Definitely pleased with it. When I use inferior pc's at work I am easily frustrated when I can't multitask very quickly. It's almost as if multitasking doesn't slow the system down at all. It's paired with an agp 6800 GT that performs nicely. Some games (EQ2) force me to turn the graphics down a tad, but most it will handle on the highest @ 1680x1050. 2GB RAM also.
faker_phil
linkman2004 wrote:
An AMD Athlon 1GHZ. I wish I didn't have an AMD, though. Check out this video to see why.

Oh, the horror

After seeing this video, I am never going to buy an AMD, EVER! Once I get a job I'm gonna get an Intel Core Duo laptop to get away from the evilness. Razz

Wow I'm thinking the same. But where to get the extra money for a Intel?
I guess I'll just have to not let the CPU overheat.

---Mods, this thread seems to belong into the Hardware section...
dreaman
i use intel pentium 4 2.8 ghz with 500ko of cach
ChopSuey
Pentuim 4 3.2

It runs very smooth, but can be slow at some times (only 512mb ram)
chrismen
AMD 2700+
Bought it two years ago and it works grea except that I can't install the adobe CS products I need bc I don't have some kind of feature. How lame. Anyways I just use my intel based laptop
anotheraddict
AMD 3700+

for some reason it says 100%cpu almost all the time while playing games, but it doesn't show it, I can game/listen to music/ and have stuff in the background with absolutly 0 lag. I loves it.