FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Burning PS2 CDs

MrBaseball34
Anyone have any info or links on how to burn personal copies
of PS2 CDs?
wsco
u can use nero 7
or
alchol120%
MonkeyWrench
i dont know, thought its one of those things only really intelligent people can do Razz
djcaution
Cant you just create an image of the cd/dvd and burn the image? That's what I do with my xbox games
trickstott
I'll have to give that a try, but I thought that copies of PS2 games wouldn't work unless you used the right kind of CD/DVD to start with.
mceejaydee
Ain't that like... you know? Illegal Razz
trickstott
Yes, it is. I'm more fascinated by this topic from an intellectual standpoint than a practical one. I am fascinated by copy protection, and intellectual copyright law in general.
ForceRun
I thing in a very limited way, you can create personal 'backup' copies for personal use only. I could be wrong about the Playstation disc. I have found that I go through game CDs and DVD pretty fast, and I have to make ISOs or phyisical game backups to play, to keep from buy the game over and over...lol
duder673
First of all, you can directly copy the disc on the fly with most cd/dvd burning software

Secondly, ps2 discs can be either cd or dvd so you have to check the size of the image to tell.

Thirdly, you need to have some sort of override function, like the flip top case and a boot disc... You cannot simple burn a cd/dvd game and play it on a ps2 console.

I back up all of my games because I had mortal kombat deception and it got scratched to the point where i couldnt play it online anymore.

You cannot play burnt games online without using some sort of fix for it and it is for people experienced with files/archives/patches.

But at least your disc will not be too scratched when you want to use it to play online
ltbennett
ENT BURNING pS2 CDs Illegal??? im not too sure
Qube
Buy a PS2 HDD! Preferrably Maxtor.
Then buy HDLoader.
The best money you'll ever spend on games imo.
I bought a 120GB HDD and threw it in my PS2.
Now I just rent games and copy them to my HDD.
Right now I have about 20 games, and I can fit about 30more.
I can even hook up the HDD to my computer if I want.

But this topic was about burning PS2 games...
Hmm, there is something called SwapMagic out there.
Basically you put SwapMagic in, then it'll load something, then you switch the disc with your burned one.
I've never used it, but I've read up on it a little.
You can't just burn backups like that.
Your PS2 can't read them.
There might be some way to mod it to be able to, but I haven't done it.
Just use Alcohol, Nero, or CloneCD/DVD.
duder673
Like I said, I have used the fliptop case and the boot disc (swap magic)

I also have switched over to the hard drive, because I got tired of burning cd-r/dvd-rs which scratch even more easily than the bought games.

I definately reccomend the hard drive to anyone. It does load most of the games however some of them cannot be played on the hard drive.

This is why I have that flip top case and the hard drive, I only use the flip top case when i cannot play the games on my hdd.

Plus if you have the flip top to begin with it is easier to install the hd loader
TonkPilz
when did personal copies become illegal? if you olready own the software its tottaly leggit to make backups of the original copy as long as you dont pasit around thats the only leagal reason for cd/dvd burners to make backups of you meterial
DEViANCE
use alcohol 120%
its good =]
sugarbox
use alchol120% for create image file.
if it work , it ok.
if not work try to use CloneCD.

sorry for my bad english
ruelle4143
Ain't that illegal? Ain't Ps2 CD/DVD burning piracy? Cuz you're copying from an original copy, and the disc is usually (or always) copyrighted.
Ratman2050
ruelle4143 wrote:
Ain't that illegal? Ain't Ps2 CD/DVD burning piracy? Cuz you're copying from an original copy, and the disc is usually (or always) copyrighted.

Its not illegal if your making a legal backup copy. Besides there is nothing in this topic that someone said is useful except Qube's. Alcohol 120% haha. You only use that to burn the ISO's.

You need a MODCHIP first of all.
Then you FTP your PS2 to your computer via router
Then you copy the game contents in disc drive from PS2 to the computer hardrive
Then you create an iso from a PS2 Iso creation tool
Then you burn the ISO with Alcohol 120%

Im using XBOX Modchip Xecuter 2 and I think they same rule applies to PS2.
ForceRun
hey, there is a way cool way some guy showed me at a LAN, That using just a little bit of software you can mod the older PII (w/ HD) to play the games off of the hard drive ISOs in the PII. It can even make ISO using the PII, I don't have or ever plan to have a Playstation of any type, so thats all I know on the subject, give it a google and see what you can find, sounded pretty sweet to me...
remshad
try nero is the best way, or make image from cd then write image to cd
jingle3lakki
stop asking if it might be illegal! all that matters is 1- you gots trolled, and 2- gtfo if you gonna keep askin bout it, cuz 3- it's fukken fun! Twisted Evil
eday2010
TonkPilz wrote:
when did personal copies become illegal? if you olready own the software its tottaly leggit to make backups of the original copy as long as you dont pasit around thats the only leagal reason for cd/dvd burners to make backups of you meterial

Ratman2050 wrote:

Its not illegal if your making a legal backup copy. Besides there is nothing in this topic that someone said is useful except Qube's. Alcohol 120% haha. You only use that to burn the ISO's.

It is illegal if you have to crack or break the copy protection method.