FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MSN Live Mail.

jipmerite
How many of you guys have tried this?

It is still in Beta stage. And after signing up, you can always opt out. I tried it for a few days. I hated it so much that I opted out. The page NEVER loads. It's really frustrating.

They are trying to make something better than Gmail and are just making a mess of it all. I think the only way to enjoy it is to have a few mbps internet connection. Cos at Indian speeds, it just doesn't work.

I hope they don't come out of Beta the way it is right now.

Share your experience so far....
mschnell
I like MSN Live Mail. I find it way more convenient than hotmail and it also looks about fifty times better. I've always used it on a fast connection though. My school connection's really fast and in China I have ADSL, which isn't too bad for it. I agree though, gmail is the way to go. I love gmail--in China gmail's not too convenient though:(.
djsamsung
i'm currently using it.

-the page takes a little time to load.
-they shud remove the big ad/banner above.
-sometimes it works with Mozilla sometimes not, sometimes it won't load.
-hope they'll improve the interface coz i totally prefer Yahoo! Mail Beta rather than this

the best thing Live Mail is 1gb.
andy26
i find windows live full version really cool especially if u get the live plus addon
James007
I'm waiting for the StuffPlug NG Live plug-in for Plus! Live. Very Happy
Qube
When I actually do use the net to view my mail, I rather enjoi live's interface.
I actually joined when it wouldn't load in Fox, so I had to use that IEView plugin.
Awhile back they gave in and made it work for Fox, so I guess they're realizing IE just isn't what it used to be.
It reminds me of GMail's GUI.
Google keeps it plain and simple, which I love.
Too bad MSN has huge ads compared to GMail.
Ah well, that's why I use ThunderBird to get my mail. Wink
ocalhoun
From all I've heard about this, my five hotmail accounts are not going to be converted over if I have anything to say about it. I might, however, change just one disused one to see what it's like. As for getting 1gb of inbox space, between all my accounts I have more than that, as they get 250mb each.
jongoldsz
I tried it once, and I never checked my email again. I prefer gmail because it is more user friendly.
alkady
I am trying it currently and it has the same feel effect like Yahoo! Email and so on. I really like the features and the fact that the interface is in a sense "Unrestricted".
andy26
what is this aim thing iv got loads of people on this chat thing sending me their AIM but i dont know what it is
kazikame
I don't know about other browsers, but it's really slow on firefox. Gmail is much better.
eku53ru
I haven't tried it myself, but my sister has. Sadly, she's gotten so used to it that she can't stand Hotmail anymore, or something to that extent. I wonder what direction Microsoft is going, especially with all this stuff in beta testing.
eqfan
i love live mail ,it is very cool.tried it for 1 month
Alienz
kazikame wrote:
I don't know about other browsers, but it's really slow on firefox. Gmail is much better.

It can't even show up in my Opera browser Sad
Scotty Too Hotty
personally, i really like the New Live Products.

I have used hotmaili for 10+ years now and have always been pleased with it (except for useless spam). I like the way that Live Mail works.

It reminds me of my corporate WEb Access that i use through work.

Outlook web Access 2003. Its all built the same way (mind you corporate webmail always works better but meh). I think that this is a step in the right direction in the sense they have finally satrted l istening to the consumer/End User. For example making it load in Fox.

I had some problems with it early on in the beta stage, but now i am having no problems what soever, loading it in IE, IE view in FF, and also just in reg Firefox.
eldarian
Guys, where i can get New Live Products?
You tell and i want it...
What it is except Live Mail?
Scotty Too Hotty
here is the url for all the windows live material. Some in Beta, some not in beta anymore.

http://ideas.live.com/?mkt=en-us
ehecatl
Actually, yeah, I tried it for a few days and it sucked balls, but as with all new things, well, most new things... It improved. I guess a cable internet and a decent computer helps though... I like it ^_^
henrygl
I totally agree. It is sooo overloaded, useless and slow. Gmail is a whole lot better, like the rss reader at the top. I am still not convinced by the hotmail system in general, which declares emails from relatives as spam, and tellls I have a new verified message from "Enlarge your penis" Laughing. If they ever develop a better spam system, I'd like it.
N!Ce
I have been using it now for a few months and think it looks better than hotmail. However, I am using the classic layout, as I think the new layout is not clearly enough arranged.

It's idd slower, but the funniest thing about it: It's way faster on Opera than on iExplorer xD
poisonhzkj
I like gmail more than that.
mw91
hmm, i just had a look and i still prefer gmails online interface however there downloadable client looks promising. Very Happy
saiyeek
Gmail is way too better the Live Mail. I agree.