FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Computer restart

chaly133
I'm having an issue where my computer restarts after about a minute. I have Windows XP. I think the problem has something to do with the verclsid.exe file in the system32 folder, as sometimes when I delete that file, my computer runs normally for a much longer period of time. Do you guys know of any way to prevent this file from being automatically recreated by Windows? Any other ideas about what could be causing this problem? As far as viruses, spyware, and the like, my system is completely clean.
spacefinder
Make sure you've got the latest MS updates.

That file caused problems a few months back!
champ_rock
maybe its a virus.. then please type in msconfig in the run panel.. and a window will open up.. just go to startup tab and tere disable the file.. i think it loads itself into memory at the startup itself..
kv
It might be hardware issue also. Check your ram and also make sure your cpu fan is running properly. and the heat sink of your cpu is in perfect contact with the cpu.
wsco
check cpu temp
may be the cpu fan need to be replaced
Bones
There were porblems between HP software (go figure) and a MS update KB908531.

You could make sure you have the most recent updates installed, as the issue has been fixed, or uninstall that update, or have a look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165
eldarian
Listen, just copy this .exe from your friend, work, scholl etc.! And all will be normal...
Darius
Don't hink it's temperature issue. The temperature couldn't rise that fast. It's probably a virus. Update your antivirus often Smile Anyway, if you do check your temp and it turns out OK, i'm afraid you'll have to format drive. You could ofcourse launch DOS and scan your HDD from ther for any viruses
tamilchild
connect Microsoft and update your computer and restart ----- Laughing
Bones
Darius wrote:
Don't hink it's temperature issue. The temperature couldn't rise that fast. It's probably a virus. Update your antivirus often Smile Anyway, if you do check your temp and it turns out OK, i'm afraid you'll have to format drive. You could ofcourse launch DOS and scan your HDD from ther for any viruses

I don't think it's a temp issue either, but sure the temp can rise that fast. Take the heatsink off your cpu and fire up the computer. I guarantee that your cpu wont make it past 30 seconds before it blows up. I would be VERY surprised to see it last 10 seconds before the temp is high enough to literally blow the cpu right off the mobo.

I'm pretty sure that his cpu has a heatsink on it, but if the fan is broken, then the heat can rise pretty fast, especially if the heatsink is clogged with dust.
tamilchild
connect microsoft and update recenct microsoft updates?

some time the theprocessor fan is out of order. Replace the fane with new one and switch on! Laughing
Shirish
Well the same thing happendd to me a couple of days back..

but it waas mainly due to RAM and electricity problems.

Just remove your RAM cartridges and replug them..
maybe interchange the two cartridges..

just give a try.
big_matt13
Ok,

Ive had this prob before and all i did was shove in my xp cd with the pc booted, and select the upgrade type of installation, it re-copys all of the system files, so that should overwrite your possibly corrupted file with a new one!

may or may not work, but its easier than formatting and starting all over again!
cesarernst
See You Start Up Folder and Start UP (run service) in registry
chaly133
Can anyone tell me the link to download window vista?

a lots of thank