FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Liquid Tension Experiment

DResmini
Has anyone ever listened to theses guys? The're amazing, its a side project from the popular band Dream Theatre and entirely insturmental. If you're looking for some killer musicians, look no furthure. They way these guys fuse together in their jam sessions is unreal. Its insturmental medal, the best playing without any edgy lyrics to mess it up. I would seriously recomind going and picking up their CD or if you're into that kind of stuff, downloading their music (shame on you!) That brings up another intresting side tangent, don't steal music, it's wrong and you know that lol.
soldeinvierno
Great band! Their tunes are improvised in studio and they are amazing. And you don't have to hear (suffer) DT's singer over the music, lol!
floyd7rose
They are good, havnt heard much by them though.

Rush > Dream theater.
equi
It's not Dream Theater... it's 2 Dream Theater-members in Mike Portnoy and John Petrucci. Then we have Jordan Rudess (Dixie Dregs) that later on joined Dream Theater. On bass we have Tony Levin that have played with Peter Gabriel etc.

So pretty much Dream Theater yes, but it's not just a sideprojekt with the band. I would say it's a little different and odd music. Funny to read about the background how all the music was created.

For example the 28-minute long "Three Minute Warning", that should all be a jamming in the studiotrack.
Archetype
Liquid Tension Experiment is amazing. I heard them when I was about 15, and they just blew me away.

A lot more technical than Dream Theater, and really easy to listen to. I love 'Another Dimension', and found it weird how the bass line in that song would simulate the vocals if there were any.

Every member of the band is a virtuoso in their own right, so it's pretty much a super group of talented musicians.

Check them out. L.T.E. 1 & 2 are both great albums.
Ozzy
Own both LTE albums. Great stuff.
Being a huge fan of Dream Theater I had to get their LTE stuff.

Even Petrucci and Rudess' solo albums are amazing!

Gotta love improvised Pregressive Metal!