FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Goats

FroggieWoman
Does anyone here raise goats? My brother is raising meat goats right now and I was wondering if anyone has any advise, his seem to get sick a lot and one of them had twins about 5 months ago and is still struggling to put on wait even though she eats hardily,
Dustylunchbox
I was staying at my batch one weekend and there was a goat there dont know whos it was. but it was the most amazing animal i have ever met. whenever it was by it self it would be continuesly maaing or baaing or whatever noise goats make. so i spent a fair bit of time with it that weekend and it was a truely friendly thing. i would sit down near it and it would curl up and sit with me. i always thought goats were mean annoying trouble makers but no this one was incredible sadly i couldnt take it home. sorry that had nothing to do with how to raise goats. but that was my animal experiance
thealpha
my cousin rides goats, he think it is very difficul, right?
Whiteman0
Goats are pretty friendly Razz
HoboPelican
FroggieWoman wrote:
Does anyone here raise goats? My brother is raising meat goats right now and I was wondering if anyone has any advise, his seem to get sick a lot and one of them had twins about 5 months ago and is still struggling to put on wait even though she eats hardily,

I just found out a friend of mine is just now starting a goat farm. Mostly meat, but thinking about a few milkers for cheese. I'm sure that she is not experienced enough to help, but has he consulted a vet? I'd think that it would be a good idea to start making friends with a decent vet. Also, in the states, the county extension agent would be a great resource.
Mr Smith
Dustylunchbox wrote:
I was staying at my batch one weekend and there was a goat there dont know whos it was. but it was the most amazing animal i have ever met. whenever it was by it self it would be continuesly maaing or baaing or whatever noise goats make. so i spent a fair bit of time with it that weekend and it was a truely friendly thing. i would sit down near it and it would curl up and sit with me. i always thought goats were mean annoying trouble makers but no this one was incredible sadly i couldnt take it home. sorry that had nothing to do with how to raise goats. but that was my animal experiance

I have a feeling that goat was on sterouds...

I went hunting once, took my first shot at a magpie, and up comes a charging goat aiming right at my arse, for heck sake they run fast!
rshanthakumar
FroggieWoman wrote:

There is only one way to raise goats. That is to keep them safe and give them food. The rest will happen by nature. (Finally of course, you will enjoy the meat too, by nature Wink )
rossss
I used to work on a petting farm where families would come in and feed the animals, ride off road quad bikes, play on trampolines, all the usual stuff. Anyway we had goats among many other animals and one thing that they absolutely love is climbing frames.
We had a great big structure about 15ft high which consisted of a few large bars up the centre for support, and make-shift steps (flat wood with wooden planks nailed onto it every 12" or so), spiralling up the exterior of the frame.
The goats absolutely loved climbing up to the top and meaeaing to their hearts content.
If you want happy animals, give em something to do Very Happy