FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Going off to uni. ?

FlyingMonkey
This year I finished grade 12, and am now waiting for this long, boring summer to end so I can start ma journey in university. For anyone out there is this your last year? How many years do you have left? or What was your first year in university like?
ranciel
I'm starting university this coming autumn. We're both freshers then!

I'll be in the UK doing English Linguistics. I can hardly wait for term to start. Good luck for yours. Smile
jenus
my first year was fun, easy, no stress at all, once the years passed things became a bit hard, not difficult, just hard, no life at all, but as always it has been funny and interesting, even if there were times which we did not sleep any, college is fun, im studying mechanical engineering at Mexico at the ITESM Smile
sarahmansour
Hehe..I'm almost done my English Degree in SFU.
My first year was in college though. I didn't go straight to uni cause it's easier to transition from highschool to college; it's smaller etc. First year was good, though, like moving to a new school basically.

On a diff note, whenever I tell anyone I'm taking English they always say "SO you want to be a teacher.."
Well, not quite. I just thought it would be useful in life to get a post-secondary education.
I've learnt a lot though. Uni's definitely worth it. If you're one of those people who can't wait to graduate high school so you can work and make money...um..you have the rest of your life to work.
Don't forget that. You can only be young and ready to party for a liimited time Wink \just kidding
GProject
Just going into my final year (starting in September). Although my university course has taken me all over the place. I spent my first year studying at Lancaster University (UK), and then I did my second year at UBC in Vancouver. My current year (third) I have spent working for a TV station in Manchester (UK) and I'm about to finish there in order to go back to Lancaster.

It's been kinda crazy. But fun.