FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Torrent tracker on your site

henrygl
hi,

i'll install a whole torrent tracker+community on your site for 30frih$.

example at torrents.henry.frih.net

lv message here if interested
venc
yeah, bout that url, it doesnt work. so, can you plase explain what a torrent is?
TeenZine
Yes please explain and is it N4l that is N0ob on your staff ? If so I refuse to order from him.
Ratman2050
venc wrote:
yeah, bout that url, it doesnt work. so, can you plase explain what a torrent is?

Maybe this could help you out

BitTorrent is a file distribution system used for transferring files across a network of people. As you download a file, BitTorrent places what you download on upload for other users; when multiple people are downloading the same file at the same time they upload pieces of the file to each other. BitTorrent pieces together the file you are downloading, to where the first part of a file you get may be the last part someone else gets. As you continue to retrieve the file, BitTorrent also uploads data to other users. For example, a person with 98 percent of the file done is directed to the people with the 2 percent of the file they still need.

The files downloaded via BitTorrent are called torrents.
henrygl
people people people

bittorrent like the previous post says, is the fastest way to download files on the internet; no spam no nothing pure downloads

i am n00b

the page is active
alkady
Wait, Isn't a torrent tracker against.....nvm. It seems tempting to operate a Torrent Tracker, But eventually the MPAA & RIAA will be chasing you for some time and may even try to shut you down and launch a lawsuit against you.
KMKM
Frihost doesnt approve of it i guess.. if it does then bingo your done. You will do it on my new site Very Happy Very Happy
Ratman2050
KMKM wrote:
Frihost doesnt approve of it i guess.. if it does then bingo your done. You will do it on my new site Very Happy Very Happy

It probably does not because torrents are of illegal file sharing. Well the upload part is. And since most torrent downloading programs have seeding you will be uploading.
henrygl
I live in canada where p2p isnt illegal...OWNED!
djcaution
No way I didnt know torrents were legal in Canada! Sweet, go Canada!
Ratman2050
henrygl wrote:

Frihost reserves terms for US as well, though.
henrygl
Ratman2050 wrote:
henrygl wrote:

Yes, I agree. What is illegal though is copyrighted file sharing. My torrents will only consist of material i produced
Ratman2050
henrygl wrote:
Ratman2050 wrote:
henrygl wrote:

Yes, I agree. What is illegal though is copyrighted file sharing. My torrents will only consist of material i produced

Yes it is because people, uploaded copyrighted material which infact is illegal unless through payment downloading. Then the downloaders use those torrent files to leech off the seeders who are the uploaders. Then the uploaders get in trouble for giving torrents and sharing them with others. This way most seeders get caught because they have a larger share web folder unlike downloaders who are hidden rather than pronounced. And yes if you are using your own made source it is perfectly legal.
henrygl
Ratman2050 wrote:
Then the downloaders use those torrent files to leech off the seeders who are the uploaders. Then the uploaders get in trouble for giving torrents and sharing them with others. This way most seeders get caught because they have a larger share web folder unlike downloaders who are hidden rather than pronounced.

I hate leechers! You said it perfectly, its always the ones who sacrifice their bandwith for others who get caught...eww
KMKM
Exactly that is nice!
But buddy i dont think our website will break any of the rules. As the person who is uploading is to be blamed and the downloader. I dont think we come into picture.

Please some mod or Bondings himself shed light on this.

Kudos!
~KMKM
Ratman2050
henrygl wrote:
Ratman2050 wrote:
Then the downloaders use those torrent files to leech off the seeders who are the uploaders. Then the uploaders get in trouble for giving torrents and sharing them with others. This way most seeders get caught because they have a larger share web folder unlike downloaders who are hidden rather than pronounced.

I hate leechers! You said it perfectly, its always the ones who sacrifice their bandwith for others who get caught...eww

Thank you glad I could help on this issue.
KMKM
Hey can someone please please shed light on this. Bondings or any moderator, i really wanna run a tracker on my side. Confused

kudos!
Scorpio
KMKM wrote:
Exactly that is nice!
But buddy i dont think our website will break any of the rules. As the person who is uploading is to be blamed and the downloader. I dont think we come into picture.

Just FYI, anybody who uploads files or other objectionable stuff to your site will NOT take responsibility for this..

Instead YOU as the site owner will be responsible for any thing uploaded onto your site and not them..

I mention this because, in an earlier request by a frihost member who wanted to start a funny pics site(hosted here), asked bondings if obscene pics uploaded by his users would be his responsibility, to which Bondings said it was the member's responsibility and the not the uploader's to check the pics..

So you are the one who will be in trouble if somebody uploads illegal torrents on your site
KMKM
scorpio wrote:
KMKM wrote:
Exactly that is nice!

Just FYI, anybody who uploads files or other objectionable stuff to your site will NOT take responsibility for this..

Instead YOU as the site owner will be responsible for any thing uploaded onto your site and not them..

I mention this because, in an earlier request by a frihost member who wanted to start a funny pics site(hosted here), asked bondings if obscene pics uploaded by his users would be his responsibility, to which Bondings said it was the member's responsibility and the not the uploader's to check the pics..

So you are the one who will be in trouble if somebody uploads illegal torrents on your site

Thanx! But as far as i know, that torrents arent illegal! as the data transferred is not stored in the site!!
Scorpio
KMKM wrote:
scorpio wrote:
KMKM wrote:
Exactly that is nice!

Thanx! But as far as i know, that torrents arent illegal! as the data transferred is not stored in the site!!

Listen KMKM, it is easy to argue that when you have a huge torrent site up and running and have a wonderful legal backup team, like piratebay or something

If somebody does something illegal, nothing much may happen to you..
But unfortunately frihost will be in trouble and so will bondings..

And I dont think he wants unnecessary trouble at all..

At the max, he might give permission for uploading ONLY your self-made torrents and not for others to upload theirs as well
Bockman
has anyone here ever read FRIHost's ToS ....

When you use FRIHost for your hosting, you abide by FRIHOST's rules first!

wether it's legal or not in canada, it is NOT allowed on frihost.

I advise you all to read the ToS instead of just clicking on the "I have read and agree to the ToS" when you apply for hosting.

ANY ACCOUNT FOUND WITH TRACKERS WILL BE CLOSED!

-close-