FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Laptop Crash

dracula
Hello, I would like some help here. You see, i had bought a new laptop, Toshiba Qosmio, for $2,700 about a coupla months ago. And for some apperent reason, it somehow kinda died. You see, when I push the ON button, it starts to start up and then, stops. lights flash on but... nothing happens. It is on but the screen will not start up. when I put the recovery CD in it loads... but still nothing.
Does anybody out there know how to solve this problem?
alkady
If you bought this a couple of month ago and it's brand new, Your better off contacting tech support since this item is most likely still under warranty unless you tampered with the system.

...And remember, To get your RMA your most likely going to have to include a few lies since End User Negligence isn't covered on the warranty.

I'd suggest you say the screen is defective or something.
LethcanAernis
Yes use the guarantee. Check battery also.
Do BIOS give any errors? (if you cole that far?)
crdowner
Are you getting any video on the laptop's display? If not, you can try connecting an external monitor to see if the laptop is really doing anything.

If video does work on the external monitor, your laptop may be set to use an external monitor only. There should be a function key such as F8 that will cycle the display. You must press the Fn key along with the appropriate function key.