FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Soccer vs Rugby

Soccer vs Rugby
Soccer
100%
 100%  [ 11 ]
Rugby
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

dracula
Hi guys, tell me what you think.
Personally I love playing soccer, and rugby is not my game. But tell me which sport is more popular or you prefer?
Dragonfly
Taking into account the popularity of the two games, Rugby is few countries sports whereas every country wanted to compete in FIFA World Cups tell the whole story. Soccer will continue to be the number one sports in the world. And I too prefer Soccer.
jipmerite
Rugby also has a huge fan base. But it is largely confined to some countries while soccer is followed and played more widely in the world.

While Rugby is a more physical game, soccer has more to do with skill. But I think both are equally tactical. I personally have never seen a full rugby match. All I see are the small clips shown on TV Sports News. But from what I have seen, I don't think I will enjoy watching Rugby anyway.

For me, Soccer comes over Rubgy by a large margin.
dracula
People people people. You need to vote as well. Thankyou
cghq
soccer requires a whole lot more skill..... every player needs to be alert every second of the game, in rugby some players can afford to relax for most of the game..... Also, soccer is a lot more free-flowing, with rugby of ten you will find that the tight fowards will waste time by 'tieing up their shoe-laces' or something similar to give their team-mates a breather, in soccer there is no where near as muchtime wasting, which provides a better spectacal for the fans and watchers of teh game
crasso
Why didn't you put football in this poll?

Cool Laughing Twisted Evil
dracula
Why not football? Well, becouse football is soccer. It also depends which country you are from. In America you have American Football, then leage is called football in other countries and rugby can be football. But the correct term for Soccer is Football, and why didn't I put that up? Becouse people get confused, like me.
skynet
WEll I am defentlly like more football.. cos it's more interesting me and more action.
Robban
dracula wrote:
Personally I love playing soccer, and rugby is not my game. But tell me which sport is more popular or you prefer?

Is it not very har to compare thes sports.. ?
B1azinDragonz
Soccer pwns all Very Happy
elincinerador
as a team game the best one is rugby. individual plays are rare, and there's no way of scoring in rugby without at least 4 different players toching the ball (i'm talking about making tries of course). in football individual plays are often, and -for example- you can win a match with one or two players missing. anyway, i find football more fun, so my vote goes to football.
nike7
Soccer ftw! Very Happy
crasso
dracula wrote:
But the correct term for Soccer is Football, and why didn't I put that up? Becouse people get confused, like me.

I made some ironic comment about above topic. Watch me smiles!

I like football because you can play two on two with a small goal, I don't think rugby is playable with four, even 6,8 players. And about watching proffesionals, football in average is less dynamic than rugby.

But, relative where I live, the football popularity is incomparable. Rugby has 100 times less players, but our national squad is not so bad because we have players played whole life in New Zealand, with many strong matches behind them.

But almost every kid here can fill in missing people in some street match if he or she (mark this one, I don't think many woman around the world play rugby) hasn't enormous lack of talent.
shun
I've played both before, and I prefer soccer much more because I don't like sports that are kind of "choppy"---you stop whenever you lose the ball. But soccer, basically, it is smooth and the game is moving all the time. Also you can see those fancy footwork, and that's probably the best part about soccer.
kazza
I've played soccer before but definately not rugby. I don't understand how people can get the enjoyment out of a bunch of blokes *mindlessly* bashing into each other (I still don't understand the whole idea of scrums). Even though there are set pieces in rugby, they're not as exciting as (say, in soccer/football), Argentina's. Plus rugby plays aren't as dynamic as soccer - since you lose ground when u pass back and you can't do a forward pass. Since there isn't as much skill required, there is little room for flare in rugby than in soccer. Plus I agree with many of you about the flow of play.

I guess u guys know my preference.
kcthomas44
Ok heres the deal, soccer is most definatly a more popular game, that is the bottom line really. More people play the game and its easier to get into across the globe than rugby is. I didnt even hear of rugby till i was in highschool, and even then i couldnt have played if I wanted to. There are no little league rugby teams where im from at least, and im sure there are other places like that too. Soccer on the other hand is available almost anywhere, everywhere i know of and have been to at least. Its gained popularity in the states just like it has been popular all the while everywhere else (Europe and such). Rugby is a brutal version of american football and just seems less refined to me. I would suspect there is alot more money in football than there is in rugby as well, but im not for sure. Im sure there is more in Soccer due to its popularity all over the world. I havent seen much rugby on tv so i couldnt really say which one is funner to watch although i suspect rugby actualy might be a bit more exciting, but there is absolutly nothing that compairs to the world cup. I have not played rugby either, but i would have to suspect soccer is much more fun to play, but thats just my take.
So, in conclusion I guess I'm just trying to say that soccer is much better than rugby. Thats about it thanks.
ruelle4143
Soccer has to be better than Rugby... Safer? Yes. More Popular? Yes. Global? Yes. And also to me Soccer is more interesting and fun, and I play it too. Cool I agree that Soccer is loads better.
crispz
I prefer soccer to rugby, I've played both sports but I find soccer mcuh more interesting - seeing that you ca do hat tricks etc. etc. Rugby is more of a brutal sport, not very entertaining in my opinion.
Bosleee
i prefer football (soccer)

living in england football is a huge sport i play and watch football. football is my life. ive worked at rugby matches and football matches and the atmosphere with rugby fans is different. they say theres less fighting and rugby fans can sit together and not fight ... thats true to an extent but i worked at superleague final at old trafford between leeds and bradford and there was fighting right infront of me

ive sat in a pub and watched football and the atmosphere is electric but ive never seen a pub full watching rugby (not in my area anyway)
valkyrie-heavens
I play both sports, but I would have to say soccer over rugby. Soccer get the blood pumping and is a good adrenalin rush.
Magicman
Soccer is constant movement and more fun than rugby. It takes more skill to take a ball out of someones dribble in soccer than it does to tackle them to the ground in rugby.
wsco
of course
SOCCER

FOOTBALL
FUSSBALL

BY ANY LANGUAGE

I LOVE IT
carlospro7
well definitely soccer is more popular, and my favorite game also happens to be soccer. Rugby is also a really exciting sport but I never played it, and it's a very exciting sport but i dont feel for rugby like i do for soccer
Notika
I prefer soccer, and have played it long time ago. I have always played games with a ball, but mostly I'm using my hands to throw and hit the ball. The games I'm talking about is handball and volleyball.

But my thoughts of rugby is, that it's a tactic game when you are playing, but not a games you can watch in more than some minutes.

*Sorry for bad english <- I'm danish*
number9geordie
Most of these comments are obviously posted by people who have little idea of rugby and football. I have played both all my life in areas where both the sports are probably more popular than ne where else in the world. Ne1 who prefers football are muppets. Y watch grown men dive about a pitch looking for free kicks wch just slows the game down. Footballers have been sofend up by there multimillion pound contracts.
gerontius
soccer all the way... rugby ( and american football ) are to violent for me Smile
mattchun
No doubt to choose Soccer!!!

Soccer is a world sports, while Rugby only a regional one!
roninmedia
Soccer.

I watch my own version of bodies crashing into each other. It's called American Football. Very Happy
ericquadros
Soccer, of course.
Soccer is very better.
Captain Fertile
I like to watch both but given the choice I would usually choose to watch soccer.

I played rugby at school because I was too bulky for football. The fat lads always got picked for rugby.
Patriot Players
Soccer all the way. It wont let me vote on that poll for some reason, but consider this my vote for soccer.
noliver
Bah, soccer is for posers and actors. They hardly touch the guy and he acts like he has been killed. Case in point - the famous head butt to the chest - a rugby player would have laughed that off.

Real men play rugby. And thats all I have to say about that Smile
Psycho_X52
You can't really compare rugby with football. You could compare it with american football, or Australian football.

When the France ambassador and other officials come into my country to play rugby with local officials, they actually played with a club team which happened to be the league winner, where most of the players are in the national team, national team which holds the record for the biggest score (over 100). Then I heard a quote:

Quote:
Football (soccer) is a noble sport played by hooligans, and rugby is a tug sport played by nobles.
czaree
Soccer is better. Rugby is too physical. And the All Blacks can dominate rugby for decades despite new zealand having a population of just 4 millions (I know they only won it once, but they were still the dominant force and favourites). How is that possible. It's impossible in soccer even if brazil comes close to that. Soccer requires more skill and flair and other intangibles. Rugby is so straight foward and 90% physical. Small nations like fiji, samoa and other oceania islands excell in rugby but that's not likely even if they give 110% in soccer. So rugby is simpler and overly physical and easier to dominate. This is not to knock rugby cos some like it better than soccer even in uk.
ULLE-GOOOSCh
I absolutly prefer soccer! It's passion! Iam sitting every saturday and watch Premier League!
lucasazanha
Nunca joguei Rugby , eo esporte que eu mais prefiro o Futebol , is soccer.
yobruhwagwan
cghq wrote:
soccer requires a whole lot more skill..... every player needs to be alert every second of the game, in rugby some players can afford to relax for most of the game..... Also, soccer is a lot more free-flowing, with rugby of ten you will find that the tight fowards will waste time by 'tieing up their shoe-laces' or something similar to give their team-mates a breather, in soccer there is no where near as muchtime wasting, which provides a better spectacal for the fans and watchers of teh game

this guy has got to be the ignorant excuse for a sports fan i have ever met, literally this guy does noit have a clue what he is talking about, i think holding a conversation with this guy would be less enjoyable than sowing your lips together and tearing your penis off, and if you did manage to talk to him, it woul dbe about as interesting as watching grass grow, this guy clearly has never watched or played a rugby match that is why he could not be more wrong and i think maybe if he got off his fat arse and tried to play the game for once then he would immediately change his mind, seriously guys i play both and i really think this guys account needs to be discredited. i prefer to play football but the level pof physical fitness strength and technicality is so much more, obviously he doesnt realise this as hes just heard about the sport as hes probably never even watched it, tieing show laces, whats that about???? football is great but the easyness for a fottball to fall to the floor and start crying is probably about 100th of what it would take for a rugby player, it is constant constant work with these players every time the forward are in a scrum or a ruck they are working their hardest its absolutely exhausting, in football when the ball is the other sifde of the pitch you can jusdt chill out for a second and catch youyr breath. this guys is a ****** moron and i really do think we should help him as he clearly has absolutely no idea about what hes saying, guys seriously if you ever see a comment from this prick totally disregard it as he is WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG, good day
huntito12345
rugbys beteer
huntito12345
noliver wrote:
Bah, soccer is for posers and actors. They hardly touch the guy and he acts like he has been killed. Case in point - the famous head butt to the chest - a rugby player would have laughed that off.

Real men play rugby. And thats all I have to say about that Smile

yea
zimmer
dracula wrote:

I go for soccer its more exciting and easy to understand even if i am not a soccer player..
subhan1
Rugby FTW Very Happy
jackylam
Depends on where it is. Europe LOVE Soccer, but i still like rugby Smile
TheLimey
Played both but defiantly love the soccer way more
pravojednostavno
I also prefer soccer / football. Rugby is not really interesting for me.
RosenCruz
Rugby has no votes Smile