FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

another Calvin & Hobbes question

JoeFriday
throughout the whole C&H history, references have been made to the infamous "noodles incident".. was it ever explained what happened?
eepman
Oh, you don't want to know about "the noodles incident".
HoboPelican
LOL, I found the folllowing in the Clavin and Hobbes Encylcopedia

Quote:
Unknown situation in Calvin's life. Apparently occured during school, but that has not been established. Refered too only in other strips, Calvin contends that he didn't do it, and Santa occasionaly weighs it in during his considerations. It has been purposely left up to the reader's imagination by Bill Watterson.

The Encyclopedia is at http://www.kerzap.com/calvin/iche/noodle.html
JoeFriday
just as I thought.. a very clever device by Watterson.. but then, he's a very clever guy

apparently when he gave up the comic strip, he decided to spend his time painting.. I wonder if any of his works are up for sale
HoboPelican
JoeFriday wrote:
just as I thought.. a very clever device by Watterson.. but then, he's a very clever guy

apparently when he gave up the comic strip, he decided to spend his time painting.. I wonder if any of his works are up for sale

Don't know how true this is but if so it's sad...
Quote:
Watterson now spends much of his time painting, supposedly burning each work once he finishes.

Bill is now living a few miles from where I grew up. Living a very quiet life. He earned, in my mind. Funniest strip ever.
JoeFriday
we must have read the same article, as I now vaguely remember the part about him burning the paintings

and yeah.. definitely the funniest cartoon ever

I wonder how much Watterson was influenced by the Looney Toons character Ralph Phillips.. as seen in "A to ZZZZ" and "Boyhood Daze

http://www.toonopedia.com/ralph_ph.htm
angelussum
I loved Calvin and Hobbes, they were the best comics. I don't think I've read anything yet that's as good.. it's too bad. He's got real talent with it, but I'm glad he's found something he likes and enjoying his time.