FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

NiGHTS

quex
http://www.revo-europe.com/news.php?nid=9013

I know I've seen someone on this board with an NiD avatar, so I thought I'd bring it back up...

The game: NiGHTS into Dreams
The year: 1996
The question: When, when, WHEN are they going to drop the other shoe?! Has anyone heard anything since April? Anywhere? I need more rumors to feed on, please! ;_;

At last check, the Wii would be out as early as September, right? Have the final first-release games been settled yet?

(And for anyone who wasn't gaming ten years ago, I strongly suggest you back up and try this one. It was really beautiful, even when you consider today's graphics. Some of the character designs were extraordinary, too.)
ItsWesley
I hope they bring out a next gen NiGHTS as well, as that game was great on the Saturn. And with the wii's remote thingy playing the game would be great!
SilverDogg
having only seen pics of this game, i dont know anything about it.

can you tell me something about it ploz? ^^
quex
It was one of the first real 3-D games ever, made by Sonic Team for the Sega Saturn way-back-when. You play as one of three characters; either the two humans (one girl, one boy) or as a flying purple character called NiGHTS.

Without getting too much into the story, NiGHTS is a rebel Nightmare, trying to stop the bad guy. All the other Nightmares work for the boss Nightmare to take over the world. The bad guy needs five special elements of energy to succeed, and the fifth type is extremely rare -- your two human characters both have it, and NiGHTS is attracted to it.

What really made the game special was the replay value it had (score attack, grades, time attack, and other features) and the weird appeal of the characters... it was very cutting-edge when it came out, and fans of the game have formed a sort of cult around waiting for a sequel. You can find all sorts of fanart and comics for it if you look on places like Deviantart.com.

More sources:

Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NiGHTS_into_Dreams...
Fans: http://www.nightsintodreams.com/
Vanilla
It's so funny... I found this topic by searching "deviantart"! I don't know if I'm the person with the NiD avatar, but I'm a huge fan from this game! Like you all, I'm waiting for a sequel too. Guess it will never be made... Crying or Very sad I own a NiD community in orkut and a Deviantart account, with a NiD fanart. And I'm also in NiGHTSintoDreams.com forum as Vanilla. Wink