FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

hosting mp3s....

surgikill
I wasn't sure where else to post this. its not really a tech question, so if you can point me in another direction, thats cool.

Anyway, if i want to post mp3s of ORIGINAL music that has not been previously published, what are some good tips so I can follow the TOS as strictly as possible?

Thanks,

Dave
Daniel15
Section B, point 1 of the TOS States:

Quote:

MP3 and other music files are forbidden on our servers. No exceptions will be made.

(source: http://www.frihost.com/tos.php)

So, I'm assuming that means NO MP3's at all. You can host your MP3's on a file host such as http://www.savefile.com/filehost/. SaveFile allow you to host files up to 60MB (with no bandwidth limit). I haven't tried this service, but it looks OK.
Deji
i think you are allowed mp3's in .zip files

because then people cant stream them taking up lots of bandwidth

this is also only if you can prove either you own them or have permission to distribute them.
Helios
You are allowed to host your OWN creations.

I mean if you're an artist and you've recorded your song, you can host it.
But you will have to proove that you're the artist.

Take Slammer for example, he is in a band, so he can host his songs here on frihost.

That is if Bondings didn't change the TOS.
Maka
If you own the copyright or have persmission then yes but you also need to upload a .txt with the music explaining you are the copyright holder or have permission.
gilgamar
hi, im also curious about posting mp3's. i am in a band and we've created a few original tracks, recorded in our own basement. completely original and i am trying to find a place to host them so people can listen to our creations. i'm confused on whether that'd be accepted here or not can someone clear that up for me?
Maka
gilgamar wrote:
hi, im also curious about posting mp3's. i am in a band and we've created a few original tracks, recorded in our own basement. completely original and i am trying to find a place to host them so people can listen to our creations. i'm confused on whether that'd be accepted here or not can someone clear that up for me?

Yea thats fine but upload a .txt with them explaining you own copyright.
xiao
WickedGravity wrote:
As long as you have permission from the band and include a text file stating that the owner of the copyright gave you that permission, it is perfectly fine to host music on this server.

I warn you though, since you brought this up the admins will be keeping an eye on it, somake sure to include the .txt file to keep it all legal.

People ask wether they can host music in a lot of topics... why don't they read eachother's topics?
Maybe you should make a sticky about this or a FAQ sticky..
Aimewitue
if the audio is an "interview" of an artist or others
it's allowed or not?
Bondings
I added this to the support forum rules.
Quote:
About mp3's
Officially, they are completely forbidden on our server because of the abuse. However, you are allowed to host them if you:
1) Ask a permission in the request forum. (important!)
2) Put them in 1 directory.
3) Put in that directory a legal.txt file explaining you own the copyright of all those music files.
And that's the only possible way to host music files, even if they are in a password-protected directory.
Commercial music files are strictly forbidden and if we find them, your account will be immediately terminated and you will get banned!