FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Should they abolish prison rape?

Should REALLY put an end to Prison Rape?
Yes. innocent people, low level offenders, and others shouldn't be raped
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Yes, I could be next
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
No, those bastards deserve the punishment
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
No, it helps scare the people out of breaking the law
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
No, because im a fruit
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

cbf-cma
I think this is an issue that almost all of us are aware of but rarely discuss. I've never gone to prison, but I think it's horrible that there are prisons that don't protect inmates from each other.

Part of me thinks "well they deserve it because they are in prison because they are ignorant bastards" while another part of me thinks "if I ever accidently run someone over, have guilt by association, or get framed or something - I would literally be screwed". So there is this dilemma inside my head, but I feel much more confident that I don't want to risk being passed around a cell block. So I am all for putting a stop to prison rape.

I would feel more at ease with my everyday life just knowing that I can hack into a computer system without fearing that some 300 lb drug dealer who hasn't had a date in 10 years is going to do something horrible to myself.
horseatingweeds
The thing is the people doing the rapping are the people that are big strong and have been in the longest. It is a strange combination of hierarchy and ‘new-bee’ substitution for women. I screws a lot of people up for life. Someone who never otherwise would have harmed a miserable cat go in for a few years for getting mixed up in an armed robbery, get initiated as a punk bitch for a few years, break down and kill a few ‘people’, and earn a life sentence, but usually just kill themselves.

There is not much you can do to stop it though. One guard can’t keep fifty criminals with nothing to do for 24 hours a day to figure out what malicious act they will perform that day from doing it, even if he dose give a rat’s asssssss.
lyndonray
Of course the authorities should do more to stop that sort of thing because it also leads to the increase of AIDS prevalence in prison. Then those people go off and infect others. However, you will find that the prison authorities have enough to deal with already so a gang rape really isn't high on the list of priorities. They are probably still trying to find out who stabbed Jose Miguel Guerera. Was it DeShawn Williams or Paddy O'Mally?

It really sucks. Why rape a guy? What happened to good old fashioned arm-wrestling? Coz that then begs another question: Are those guys gay, or just really horny, to a point where they will do anything with a pulse?
S3nd K3ys
OMG... Laughing Laughing Laughing

This is funny.. abolish prison rape like it's a state sponsered event. "Attention: Cell Block B! Please report to the center compound, it's your turn to be in the barrel"

Laughing Laughing Laughing

IMNSHO, many in prison deserve to get raped... especially rapists.
xorcist
No they should make those people get raped and how are they going to stop it? Really what are they going to do when they see someone raping someone else, its like when someone tells you your going to jail, the first thing you get in your mind is that your going to get raped. Its like a threat for people to not go to jail.
Soulfire
I'm not sure how they would do it, but if possible, I suppose they could be a 'bit stricter about inmate relations.
alkady
Well there really nothing you can do, Some people actually stay in Prison for 25 Years +, What do they have to lose? They lost their life?

My only piece of advice is, If ever your near Big Bubba, Don't drop the bar of soap, And if it's a habit....Ask for a Collar to be added on it.

...And if you ever end up in Prison, Don't piss off the guards or else they will put you in a cell with Bubba and always stay away from Bubba at all times because I hear he loves to do the newbies because they are new to the system and how the system works. You wouldn't want to be someone's B*t*h.
mabuhay
Yes you can stop it. Are you blind, deaf, or dumb? All they have to do is keep inmates in seperate cells and use simple methods of keeping people away from each other. It doesn't require more guards as long as they keep people seperated.
simp
To anyone who thinks prison rape is "okay", you have obviously never done any time and don't know what the f?ck you are running your mouth about. I think that if you ever do any time, you will get your attitude adjusted real quick. Then I hope your son gets sent there so you can watch him get gang bu?tf?cked and slowly die of AIDS there.
Helios
Too bad we don't have things like that at FriHost.
People would be afraid to spam Laughing
(Gonzo etc..)
Biodiesel
There are over 2 million inmates incarcerated in the U.S. The U.S. locks up more of its own people per capita that any other nation on earth.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0818/p02s01-usju.html

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.visualstatistics.net/Readings/Incarceration%2520Rates/Incarceration%2520Rates_files/image001.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.visualstatistics.net/Readings/Incarceration%2520Rates/Incarceration%2520Rates.htm&h=338&w=561&sz=53&hl=en&start=6&tbnid=fnTLvjnkAEyPYM:&tbnh=80&tbnw=133&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dincarceration%2Brates%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN

A higher percentage of black people go to prison. To actually support prison rape is sick. If you do, you need to go in and talk to a priest, meditate, or do whatever it is that maintians your spiritual health. You are also probably a little classist and racist.

One thing that more than 95% of offenders have in common is that one day they will be released. How they were treated in prison I think, and suspect that you would to if you put any thought into it, will reflect on how they treat other people.

Short of creating more slaves (privatized prisons, don't kid yourself about what they are), we can't afford to continue locking people up. We need to develop more effective programs to enable people to get a grasp on life, and provide them some direction to go in.
S3nd K3ys
Biodiesel, I'd be happey to read your post, but I'm not going to if you don't fix that ****** up link... Rolling Eyes
horseatingweeds
Here Here....

Anyway, what about chastity pants?

It is true though, the US deals with its urban poor by locking them up. Similarly, that is also how we deal with drug addicts and perverts. Prison is certainly not just a place where “bad” people are put.