FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Old School Nickelodeon

Jeslyn
There's a rumor going around that shortly Nickelodeon will be launching a new channel called "Nick Rewind" that features old shows such as "Clarissa Explains it all" and "Salute Your shorts".

I forgot about so many of those shows, like Taina, The Roundhouse, Caitlin's Way, Keenan and Kel, You Can't Do That On Television, GUTS, The Files of Shelby Woo, Hey Dude Ranch, The Secret Files of Alex Mack.... good memories.
Soulfire
I'm 16 and I actually like Old School Nickelodeon - I used to watch it all the time, and I could go for that nostalgic feeling again.

I like to watch Nick Gas (Games and Sports), and more specifically the show "Guts." I'm not sure why, I just like the shows there.

There is a Nicktoons channel also that plays only toons from Nickelodeon (go figure). There are "old" shows (from just a few years ago).
rightclickscott
Thank the Flying Spagetti Monster, all the new Nick shows suck. Finnally, reshowing the shows I actually liked. I have a feeling me and my TV are going to get uncomfortably close again.
mceejaydee
Old School Nick was the best. The new nick...ehhhh
Kelcey
Absolutely, I can't watch anything on the new Nickelodeon. Zoey 101?!?!? Spongebob is a pretty funny show... but nothing can beat the classics like Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, Salute your Shorts, and Hey Dude. I really hope they don't launch that channel because I find all their current stuff... lame.
shinnoyami
sounds cool, but i always got tired of their old shows because they were a bit redundant. they bore me, even though i continued watching them. I don't think i'd get that channel (if i could)
mommyapril
I used to love Nickelodoen when I was younger. But it seemed like they would always show the same episodes of the same show. It's like they only made a certain amount of episodes and they would keep replaying them.
Monkeydog
The new Nick, at least last time I had cable, sucked so much. Spongebob and Avatar were...okay, but nothing decent has been on that channel since Invader Zim.

Gosh, I remember the days of Rocko's Modern Life. Nothing beat Wacky Delly. <3
Electricat
Pete & Pete rock!!

I loved that show as a kid...

Anyone remember Round House? or Who's Afraid of the Dark?

Good times...
Aless
RUGRATS.

The original stuff, not anything new. My absolutely favorite Nick show EVER. I also liked Doug and All That.

You can't go wrong Smile.
Electricat
If you liked Rugrats and Doug I'm sure you liked Ahhhhh! Real Monsters and Rocko's Modern Life.

Am I right?
m00tmuffin
Awesome...I used to love old school Nickelodeon...The Files of Shelby Woo, Salute Your Shorts, and Hey Dude Ranch bring back good memories...hehe. Oooh, and Pete and Pete and Who's Afraid of the Dark? (used to scare the crap outta me when I was a kid, haha). All of the stuff on the new Nickelodeon quite frankly sucks...I'd probably watch the "Nick Rewind" channel if they ever really came out with one.
Navan91
I don't even get nick ... can't think of nick rewind Crying or Very sad
Jeslyn
Quote:
Who's Afraid of the Dark? (used to scare the crap outta me when I was a kid, haha)

Ha, I thought I was the only kid terrified of that show. All I used to see is the VERY start of the theme, the squeaking swing and the mist, and I'd run to the remote to change the channel. It took years for me to actually start watching it. Laughing

I also remember when I was four and I saw an episode of the early early Rugrats, where Tommy and Chuckie were afraid to take a bath cause they'd go down the drain. I NEVER, even to this day saw the end of that episode. I remember right after I first saw it when I was four, I became so scared to take a bath cause of that episode.
fashioncrimewave
OK, this is probably really really old school, but I used to love the Tomorrow People, YKDTOT and Danger Mouse. I think DM was on Nick anyway. This was in the 80s so it's been a while. The Tomorrow People had some weird ESP or something that manifested as a high-pitched noise in their head. Whenever that happened to me I wondered if I was a Tomorrow Person. Rolling Eyes
lycadia
Monkeydog wrote:
The new Nick, at least last time I had cable, sucked so much. Spongebob and Avatar were...okay, but nothing decent has been on that channel since Invader Zim.

Gosh, I remember the days of Rocko's Modern Life. Nothing beat Wacky Delly. <3

Invader Zim still airs all the time on NickToons, as does Avatar.

I hope they do launch a channel like that. I miss Clarrisa Explains It All and You Can't Do That On Television a lot sometimes. I'm too old to admit to wanting to watch kid's shows and too young to be this nostalgic, but I really really am. *laughs*
Electricat
DM!
Danger Mouse was great... I used to watch that show constantly (though not on Nick), I loved that little white catapillar thingy... Till this day when I here the Thames Studio's tune my heart jumps abit. Smile
OneBadOmen
I used to watch Nickelodeon all the time when I was little. Like Doug, Rocko's modern life, Are you afraid of the dark? But they did seem to show the same episodes a lot. I guess it would be kinda cool to watch some of those again.
eyeheartPINK91
Really? I love those shows! I really miss Clarissa Explains it all and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. I hope that thse two will be on the list! They are my all-time favorite old shows. Also, I really miss Are You Afraid of the Dark! That show, I have to say was the best ever! It used to scare me so much, but now I just think it's awesome. I did like the ending though, when everyone said whether or not they were afraid of the dark. I think that channel would be a great idea for Nick because so many people miss the old shows because they were so much better! I think so at least. Cool Laughing
Electricat
Does anyone rember Round House? It was a SNICK sketch show
carlospro7
I used to like nick a lot, but I feel like I outgrew practically all of their shows. There are some shows that I miss though like Doug for instance. I dont know that that is nickelodeon but they used to play it.
xframe
Electricat wrote:
Pete & Pete rock!!

I loved that show as a kid...

Anyone remember Round House? or Who's Afraid of the Dark?

Good times...

Indeed Pete and Pete was amazing as was Are You Afraid of the Dark...Global Guts and Salute Your Shorts
Electricat
Oh Man, I forgot about Salute Your Shorts!

Wow...
halfhavoc
My Brother and Me, and Kenan and Kel, were probably my favorite shows in the old nickelodean days, i also used to watch the cartoons Angry Beavers and Doug. Really liked those when i was a kid Very Happy can't ever forget kenan and kel though, who loves orange soda? does kel love orange soda? is it true? i do do do dooooooooo ooooooooooooooh
AaronJizzles
Thats would be awesome..... Nicktoons network that we have now says they play old ones but none of the good ones. i always watched Nick when i was a kid, even though i didnt like some shows (such as AAAAHH! Real Monsters) i dont know why i didnt like it..... i pretty much liked every other show they had on there. Nickelodeon was the only channel i watched when i was a kid. lol... Smile

::-AaronJizzles-::
Kelcey
halfhavoc wrote:
My Brother and Me, and Kenan and Kel, were probably my favorite shows in the old nickelodean days, i also used to watch the cartoons Angry Beavers and Doug. Really liked those when i was a kid Very Happy can't ever forget kenan and kel though, who loves orange soda? does kel love orange soda? is it true? i do do do dooooooooo ooooooooooooooh

Haha, I remember My Brother and Me... Wasn't one of the brothers named Alphee or something? Classic. I REALLY miss Angry Beavers... that show had so much wit. It was truly a great... just didn't get very good ratings. It's in the nickelodeon cartoon network type thing now though. Too bad I don't have it.