FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Most innovative band

cyph33r
Who do you think is the most innovative band (producing something like nothing done before) in music ?
HoboPelican
cyph33r wrote:
Who do you think is the most innovative band (producing something like nothing done before) in music ?

Are we only considering current stuff? If not, I'll suggest Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music" album. No way to decribe it, but here is a link to a page that has some clips from it. If you have the nerve

http://www.netads.com/~meo/music/mmm/ Laughing
matti
i don't think there are a lot of innovative bands the last years.
achene
im not really sure but theres a lot of innovative bands in a lot of genres. I mostly listen to metal and some of the first influential bands is something like led zeppeling, black sabbath and maby judas priest.
Theres a lot of newer bands that was innovative once . for instance slayer (thrash) and korn (nu metal) morbid angel (death) helloween (power metal) and alot more. not that i like all these artist though.
A newer pretty inovative metal band is called mastodon.
Josso
I would say Aphex Twin has done stuff that has never really been done before and effectively a lot of it sounds "unique". Mostly because he builds quite a lot of his own music software and hardware.

Also Estradasphere have effectively taken already existing genres and styles but the major difference is they have done extremes of styles and in extremely different ways. For example the song "Hunger Strike" by Estradasphere is the most complicated peice of music I've ever heard, it's 20 minutes long and all recorded live cycling through 100s of music genres with just about 6 of them I think.
S3nd K3ys
Primus.
HoboPelican
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Primus.

I'm sure you know the band better than I do, so could you suggest a cut that doesn't sound like the Funkadelics?