FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

linux, wine

Revvion
i am trying to get wine to work but what ever i do i fail. i cant even get internet explorer to work (just get a white window) i tryed using wine tools and got the same. dous anybody know a good step by step guide on how to install and use wine (not the ones on winehq.or plz)
{name here}
Hmm...have you tried asking the official newsgroup? Try using an RPM or building Wine from source. Look at the Wine application database to see if anyone has successfully started up the version of IE you chose to run. Also be sure to use the newest build - which I believe is 0.9.8.
Revvion
oke i somehow (dont ask) did it. but i only got 16 bit colors with aps runned by wine. I want to set wine to use 32 bit colors, but the bar from "winecfg" is gray. on there website it says that i need to uncheck "enable desktop double buffering" so i did but still no go. can anybody help me?

btw it seems i posted in the wrong section sorry for that.
{name here}
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine?lnk=la

They will be able to help you...
ocalhoun
As the first program you try, internet explorer may not be the best choice. Start with very simple programs like notepad, solitaire, or paint.
tony
what software are you looking to port/emulate w/ wine in linux?
redice
It's not easy to use wine, and it will very slow to start a simple program in wine. I'm not using it now.
psoft
WINE project has hit 0.9 release & 1.0 may be there soon.
WINE can run a great range of windows application including to surprise MicroSoft's Internet Explorer
Just google Frank's WINE corner & u'll get a list of applications that can run under WINE & how to go about doing that.
I strongly recomment going to WINE HQ www.winehq.org & reading reference there
Revvion
Quote:
oke i somehow (dont ask) did it. but i only got 16 bit colors with aps runned by wine. I want to set wine to use 32 bit colors, but the bar from "winecfg" is gray. on there website it says that i need to uncheck "enable desktop double buffering" so i did but still no go. can anybody help me?

Thats my question now so please if anybody can help me.