FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Auction Hosting Software

veiling
Anyone have experience with auction hosting software?

I'm looking for something free intially, something with which I can play around. I've read a bit about PHPAuction and EveryAuction, along with the 'auction network 'Kaqoo'.

Kaqoo is an interesting concept similar to here: join a community of auctioneers and everyone's auctions get exposure. The downside is, at least from what I saw, it ain't pretty.

I like the open source concept of EveryAuction, but it looks outdated (both in terms of GUI and its development...is it dead?!). And ag'in, it ain't pretty.

I like the look and apparent customizability of PHPAuction, but I'm having difficulty locating a low-cost (or free) host on which to host it. The best seems to be ServerFly, but their low-cost option offers only a single MySQL database and no SSL Certificate.

Now while this may seem nitpicking, my goal is to play with something for free or cheap and then go all-out once my evaluation is complete. So that's why I'm joining FriHost, to host the site free (i guess using EveryAuction at first) and work out kinks and find direction.

So I'm looking for folks with experience with any of the above. If you know of a cheap (or free) hosting service that offers PHPAuction (presumably the more limited GPL version, which is fine for now), I'm all ears. Or experience (preferably positive) with EveryAuction, including any links to any live sites created with EveryAuction.

Other than that, any advice that leads me in a decent direction is much appreciated.

Cheers,
daVe