FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Please help me out creating a logo

barryforever
Can some one design a website logo for free for me please im not good in Photoshop..
Please take interest in my project..
I also have posted that those who are interested in blogging join me
kronso.23
I would suggest that you take a look over at www.interfaceuniversity.com and take a few of Ryan's great tutorials... I have gone from noob to pro from that website, really easy to follow tutorials, check 'em out...
Donutey
Go to the Marketplace subforum (near the bottom of the FriHost forums) and request someone to make a logo there, although you'll have to pay in FRIH.
eruct
I'm interested. I sent you a PM.
bnbrown
PM sent
Bengt
seems you already have someone for the job, okidoki then Very Happy
timerecords
Let us see your final Logo you've got?? Very Happy
Saber
well instead of starting a new thred with allmost the same topic, im bumping this one.

Im not asking for someone to make a logo for me, Im wondering what they think of what one would include.

What I mean by that is I just cant think of what my logo would include... and part of that problem is that the logo is for a site that doesnt have a theme.. or content yet.

Anyways, the name of the site is kodamakage
both words are japanese so its a little off, but
kodama's wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodama_%28spirit%29
Quote:
kage:Meaning phantom, this describes a black lattice effect on top of the red or white.

Any ideas are helpful, I just cant think of what to make it like.
timerecords
Saber wrote:
well instead of starting a new thred with allmost the same topic, im bumping this one.

Im not asking for someone to make a logo for me, Im wondering what they think of what one would include.

What I mean by that is I just cant think of what my logo would include... and part of that problem is that the logo is for a site that doesnt have a theme.. or content yet.

Anyways, the name of the site is kodamakage
both words are japanese so its a little off, but
kodama's wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodama_%28spirit%29
Quote:
kage:Meaning phantom, this describes a black lattice effect on top of the red or white.

Any ideas are helpful, I just cant think of what to make it like.

It's very difficult to create a logo if you website doesn't got a content or theme.
So I can't help you or give suggestions, my only tip is wait til you got a theme and then create a logo or do you got a preview of your website? Cauze then I can have a look and maybe it can inspire me alil bit.

Greetz,
Time Records
Saber
heh thanks, thats why Im having the problem also, Ill post again when I get something done with the site.
and thanks for the thought
timerecords
No problem Wink
eruct
When looking to create a logo, there are a couple of different ways to go about it. The first would be to get the overall theme of your site together and go from there, this is not required as you could also base the entire site off of what you come up with for a logo.

I like to get started by looking at the word or words that make up the site (or company/ brand) and make a list of things that come to mind when I think about those things. For example, say I had a company called TreeMonkey. In a column under trees I would list anything that comes to mind ie. leaves, branches, forrest, bird nests, roots, dirt... and then do the same for monkey ie. smelly, cute, evolution, ears, bananas... From these two lists you can pair up a couple of the words and work from there. So maybe I would try and make a monkey in a bird nest, or a banana with a tree growing out of it... not the best examples, but you get the idea.

Another option would be to go with something totally unrelated. Just pick anything really and make it your logo like a rubber duck, a rhino, or a tea kettle. Again, I'm sure you get the idea.

Hope this helps and please keep us posted on the development of your site. Good luck!
timerecords
eruct wrote:
When looking to create a logo, there are a couple of different ways to go about it. The first would be to get the overall theme of your site together and go from there, this is not required as you could also base the entire site off of what you come up with for a logo.

I like to get started by looking at the word or words that make up the site (or company/ brand) and make a list of things that come to mind when I think about those things. For example, say I had a company called TreeMonkey. In a column under trees I would list anything that comes to mind ie. leaves, branches, forrest, bird nests, roots, dirt... and then do the same for monkey ie. smelly, cute, evolution, ears, bananas... From these two lists you can pair up a couple of the words and work from there. So maybe I would try and make a monkey in a bird nest, or a banana with a tree growing out of it... not the best examples, but you get the idea.

Very nice way of thinking man. I would never came up with that idea. Maybe I'll use it next time when I'm creating a logo. Thanks again.
tamilchild
edit the picture using paint and save ...its good!
Axl Horse
There are a lot of ways in making a good logo. Remember, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This is now between the designer and the client. For the graphic designer, here is the simple spoon feeding tutorial. Enjoy: http://www.pegaweb.com/tutorials/company-logo-design/company-logo-design.htm

The best pipe of Software apps for graphics is here:

Adobe Photoshop on version 5.5 and up.

There are a lot of tuts in using with software: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photoshopquicktips/

I hope this could help. Enjoy again. Razz