FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Shadowed letters on new LCD screen

itarlo
I've recently bought a new 19" LCD screen. I've noticed that the letters apear with a gray shadow. it really bugs me. Is it because it is connected through VGA conecction and not DVI??
niranvv
I think its the sign to change the monitor! Wink
Its the hardware problem man!
Need to repair the stuff!!

Cool
itarlo
even if it is a brand new monitor?
niranvv
New monitor?? Shocked
oops! did you checked before buying the stuff??
Did you got the warranty card?
Usually blurred letters will appear if there is some hardware problems!
That is not positioning the electronic beam on the screen properly!
better to consult at the shop!!

Niran
veiling
You may want to check out your display settings, as certain font settings are tailored for CRTs versus LCDs. I cannot recall precisely what the setting is you require; however, this is worth a try, as I've run into similar issues before.

Hope this helps...cheers, daVe
itarlo
Well... I've played with the display settings and nothing helped.
i'll probably take the screen to the vendor tommorow.
Will tell you the news
Bones
LCD monitors usually work best with clear type fonts set. Right click on the desktop-Properties-Appearance tab
Click the Effects button and make sure the check box next to 'Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts' is checked, and select Clear Type in the drop down box.

Also, have you installed the drivers for your monitor? As most LCD monitors require them, unlike crt screens.
itarlo
i've made the changes needed and it made it a little better. Still have the shadow. Unfortunatly there is no driver for this monitor so I can't install one. I've been to the vendor that sold me the monitor and we've pluged it to a comupter in the shop and the monitor worked fine without ant shadows. the conclusion is that it's a problem in my computer - probably the graphic card isn't "strong" enough to support the monitor. Maybe I'll change the graphic card to something better soon.

thanks for the help
Donutey
itarlo wrote:
i've made the changes needed and it made it a little better. Still have the shadow. Unfortunatly there is no driver for this monitor so I can't install one. I've been to the vendor that sold me the monitor and we've pluged it to a comupter in the shop and the monitor worked fine without ant shadows. the conclusion is that it's a problem in my computer - probably the graphic card isn't "strong" enough to support the monitor. Maybe I'll change the graphic card to something better soon.

thanks for the help

If your card was working fine before, it will work with your new monitor. LCDs typically don't have increased resolution vs the CRT you probably had before.
itarlo
Donutey wrote:

If your card was working fine before, it will work with your new monitor. LCDs typically don't have increased resolution vs the CRT you probably had before.

So it has to be something else because in the shop we saw just fine
Doreennnnnn
Have you could be the monitor resolution set has a problem?
shre some Cell Phone LCD Screens with you.
jilbs
Maybe its a resolution setting problem. check the LCD screen supported resolution and match it with your video card. Check if they support a common resolution range and use it.

Good luck.