FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Idea - Signature Contest

EternalDragon
Why not have a weekly signature contest.
The person must have an original signature. And whoever has the coolest signature by the deadline each week would get a prize of some sort...let's say a certain amount of FRIH$?
And I don't know about you guys, but, can this contest be able to use the same sig if it wins? Because the last time I mentioned this type of a contest to a site they wanted a different sig each week and it was tiring...lol. Just thought that would be fun Wink
Grievez
I support this idea. i also would like a Site of the month/week coverage, giving a link from the forums main page to the actualy website. To promote real users of your service and real compitition and drive Smile

Ohh and heres my signature, i just edited my profile Smile

Grievez = BadKarma in GunzOnline/CounterStrike Source/WorldofWarcraft/Tibia
EternalDragon
Good start on a signature....I guess? Confused
I was talking about a signature like the one I got Wink
Design a good one with the text in your current signature, and you might have something there Grievez. Wink
bugsy
wow, u have such a lovely sig. Wink
EternalDragon
Thank you.

But, does anyone support my idea for a Signature Contest?
bugsy
Yeah i'm in support of that. What's the prize gonna be?
EternalDragon
Like, uh.....dunno..Admin's of the contest should figure that out. I am just suggesting the idea
xiao
yea, make one Very Happy

Have I won yet? Laughing
Aimewitue
i'm ready for the contest if that is organized
Helios
xiao, there is really nothing special about your signature.
wanna know why? i just doesn't have it.

anyway, i dun use signatures.
so i won't be participating.
lockwolf
Give 20 frih$ to the winner, now to find that old sig of mine
psycosquirrel
Sounds like a cool contest.

I'll enter and win every week Very Happy
Gerardus™
Hi,
I think it's a cool idea to have a sig contest also..
It keeps the members busy and creative, and might attract more people to join.
I love a good contest, so if any admin could let us know something.

Greetz Gerardus™ Cool
skarasen
Helios wrote:

Gees, you're really constructive - that's an awful thing to say, simply because you haven't expanded on your supposedly worldly knowledge to impart exactly what is wrong with it. I think that xiao's signature is great - it's simple, some good and effective use of animation, and has a nice balanced look.

Quote:

What, so that great big dirty "METAL ZONE" thing in your signature is not a sig image? I advise you look a little harder at yourself and your own posts. I see little difference in terms of effects between your own and xiao's - both have an electric effect, and to be perfectly honest, xiao's is better than your own. In general, looking at xiao's avatar, I would say that in general, xiao is far better in terms of judging the simplicity of images than you are. It's a great pity this forum doesn't have a rock-solid "reputation" system, in terms of being able to de-rep someone.

Quote:

Do what you like, but you can be assured that people won't want you entering contests if you insult people like that.
coolpages
I would like to enter in this contest.
when does it begin... plz post details and what prizes will we win, etc...

this should be fun.. lol Very Happy
xiao
Helios wrote:

Why should I care about your opinion?
You sounds like some jealous noob dude Confused

Btw, that sig is more than 6 months old.. I used photoshop for less than 3 months when I made that...

Ohyeah, and your sig really looks like crap dude Very Happy
Last week my cat walked over my keyboard and she made a cooler sig than yours Wink
SNES350
A signature contest would be cool. We should have a separate one for pictures than text, though.
firefly
I've entered in these types of things at a few other forums and they are always alot of fun. I'd be cool to post the winners on the front of the website until the next week's contest ends
markgil
this is a great idea i like contest when will it begin ...this idea is to express urself in designing ........
SamiTheBerber
Good idea Dancing This might encourage me also to make signature Very Happy
kany
WEll it does seems like , ideas for contests spring out every day but does not end well . For a contest to go on it needs to be official from some admin who can donate frihosters and then we need a time limit for submitting the signatures and then the winner should be choosed. I have seen alot of such contest ideas on this forum. But very few of them gets along with the contest and reach the end.
Well best of luck then
LukeakaDanish
kany wrote:
WEll it does seems like , ideas for contests spring out every day but does not end well . For a contest to go on it needs to be official from some admin who can donate frihosters and then we need a time limit for submitting the signatures and then the winner should be choosed. I have seen alot of such contest ideas on this forum. But very few of them gets along with the contest and reach the end.
Well best of luck then

Three things Kany:

1: You just posted on a topic which no-one has posted on for almost half a year...

2: Its not just admins who can donate...everyone can...therefor everyone who intends on being active in their contest topic can create one...

3: Id watch out...your signature seams to be breaking the forum rules a bit (max 150px high)
AffroThund3r
I'd be up for a sig contest.

Maybe everyone who enters would say put in 5$ and the the winner takes it all?
Garnet
Awe it sucks that is so old - I was thinking it sounded like a great idea until the date this was posted was pointed out. I'm willing to put 5$ in. How would the winner be decided on though? Votes? Or with a judge?
Bengt
EternalDragon wrote:
Thank you.

But, does anyone support my idea for a Signature Contest?

good idea Exclamation
Blaster
Personaly no i don't. It just isn't worth it. If you want you can make your own contest and run it for frih$. You can set up a team to rate them. But i don't think the mods want to deal with that. They have spam they need to bust. Very Happy
testoo
I think it's a good idea but i don't know how the winner will be able to be chosen... A vote? Each member will vote for him
A judge? Some people will say he doesn't choose the real winner...
I think a judgeing team is the best!