FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Have you seen die to somebody?

Jaime
Lamentably yes, one month back i see how a girl (19years) some people was doing CardioPulmonar Reanimation because she was an ill (I don't know which) and thet don't obtain save her. The parents was crying, i'm zorry for them and for that poor girl.

It's very sad to see this cases, many people have seen similar cases and are very horrible. But to think about these things makes us value the life. And it makes us remember that there are people who are alive and we must value familiar,friends,partners that we have forgotten.... Wink
jipmerite
If you are extremely shook up by the experience, I am sure you can find some support group in your area whom you can talk to. Or perhaps a psychologist. Different people are affected to different levels by such experiences. Some may move on and some may be more permanently or deeply affected.

Seeing other people die does remind us of our mortality. WHen we see our friends and relatives die, we should feel for them and pray for them. But we should also think that our time will also come. And so we should do the most with the time that we have left.
Idoru
It is a tough thing watching death. Humans mabye get closer to us then pets,
but the later can be close aswell. I went away yesterday and put a little cat
to sleep. Mabye it's tiny to bring it up in this thread, but for me it's the issue
when life ends that's central. I held her as she got the needle, the same way
I held her when I fed her a year ago, abandoned by her mother, when I fed
her.

Life is not to take for granted, but something to be grateful of as much as
angry at. Sadly, we tend to be negative more often then we just relax and
stay in the moment. Anyhow, death is a natural part of life that we have
to learn to accept. Perhaps it's easier having watched the process?

The important thing, though, never forget to live!
OutlawSpirit
ye i seen someone die on the streets - was an accidental death
hellrahul
If you are in India you will see many persons dieing due to road accidents.

Currently my teacher died in a road accident. I was shocked. He was the best teacher in my school. But ....

Crying or Very sad
SainT
Yes, my Grandfather Sad
photon
ive seen many road accidents where people died instantly. other than that, ive been fortunate enough to be away when my grandparents died. i still shudder at the thought of seeing someone i love die... the experience will be painful to say the least
UApilot
It is hard to understand why we become so shook up over the witnessed death of others. They are nobody we know yet we still seem to act as if we are family: we feel pity for them, we start noticing the atrocities of life, and it seems that our restlessness dies as we observe our surroundings in what sounds like a dead silence.
In truth, I feel that when we witness the death of a human being different from us only in name, we don't really feel pity for them. We simply get a reality check and realize that that person could have very likely been ourself. We are like small children that, after acting very rowdy, get put in check and are therefore very silent and guilty afterwards.
But just like with children, this feeling goes away with time. All you have to simply do is get your friends to take you out and do things you've never done before. Or doing something exciting in general. You have to take your mind off of what you saw. Ride a roller coaster, go to a strip club, sky dive, etc. The problem with most exciting things is that they'll probably remind you of death and you'll find it hard to do them. Thats why you'll have to get friends to push you.
Jaime
A long time ago i see how a PoliceMan shoot a delincuent that run... The man doesn't dead, was hurtly in a hospital... but the delincuent has kill a woman for rob something...
Soulfire
I've seen car accident scenes in which people have died. Unfortunately, I saw a body bag - occupied - at one of those scenes. It hits you like bricks, it made me sad and depressed, it was very sombering.
David_Pardy
I've never seen someone die or a dead body, but I have seen dead or dying pets (usually cats) on the side of the road and it really makes you think - a family somewhere nearby has probably just lost a loved one and they won't know it until the pet doesn't return for a few days or until a friend recognises the cat and takes it to them.

I have lost relatives to death but they have not been close ones - so I don't feel the pain as much as others might. I am glad I haven't had that experience and I don't hope for it but well... Welcome to mortality!
crimson_aria
I've never seen somebody die in front of my eyes. But there was one time when I was rushed to the emergency room. I swear I would never want that to happen again. My condition wasn't critical (I injured a hand), so I was still observant. What I saw made me feel heavy, really. You could see many people trying to hold onto their lives desperately. I wanted to cry that time. It was depressing.
rightclickscott
I didn't, but my girlfriends grandfather died right in front of her. I've been helping her through it.
peroxide
At work one day I was on my way to lunch with my colleague in his car. As we rounded a bend right outside our office, we were greeted with a scene that wouldn't be out of place on the front page of a newspaper.

A destroyed motorbike was leaking oil, collapsed off to one side, and a van was in the middle of the road. Underneath the van, a man was trapped, his head crushed under the van, blood streaming out. The police and medics were there, but it didn't seem that bad. Needless to say though, we lost our appetites.

Until I got home, and there right on the news was the scene I saw in the afternoon, and the anchor reporting that the man had died on the way to the hospital after losing too much blood. It just hit me, that humans are so fragile. Treasure life.
Jaime
In internet and TV I see some videos... but is very horrible...
HoboPelican
Seen far too many. It was hard at first and didn't get any easier. It can happen to anyone at anytime. I still breakdown sometimes thinking about friends I watched go....
cfackler
I've never seen anyone die. I have seen dead people (at funerals), and the sight of them brings on grief. I can't imagine being in the presence of someone and seeing them die, especially I was close to them.
limrio
One times, when my grand mother die Sad i see that she sure in pain Sad
seanooi
When I was 12 years old, and accident happened just before my eyes. The scene was just scary. A motorcyclist knocked a car and the motorcyclist flew about 10 feet up into the air and landed on his head. He died instantly because he wasn't wearing a helmet.
jipmerite
I once had a rabbit and he got fever and stopped eating. I put some paracetamol into a milk bottle and tried to feed the guy using a teat, like feeding a baby. But the fever only kep getting worse. One time I was trying to feed it like that when it suddenly gave a jerk and just went limp. Died rught in my arms.

I was pretty shocked. For a moment I was just emotionless. I told my bros and mom nearby he was dead. As if it was a fact. Then the emotions hit me. I felt sad.

Most of us have strong feelings when we experience a death near us. But we should also spare a thought for all the less fortunate people around the world who are dying of famine and curable diseases. We can help them in our small way, by giving charity to Organisations who are on the site, helping them, such as the French, Medicine Mithout Borders..etc
woundedhealer
There's one thing that comforts me about death, unless it's sudden.

This is just my own observations. Before the heart & breathing stops, the spirit leaves the body. It takes maybe 20 or 30 mins for the body to slow down and stop after the spirit has left.

The death of my husbands dog makes us smile when we talk about it. Bobbie had gone under the sideboard which was beside my chair. This was her comfort place. I think she hada heart attack while she was there and it was clear she was dying. I had to phone my husband to tell him I couldn't pick him up from work because I was sure his dog was dying. When he got home he spent a short time withhis dog before going out to dig her grave. When Bobbie had passed on we had to get out from underneath the sideboard. My husband had to lift it up while I slid Bobbie out from underneath it.

My husband jokes that she was awkward in life and awkward in death! I'm just glad she gave us these last fond memories
Vrythramax
Unfortunatly I have seen many people die, some my friends. The only thing that can get you through that kind of situation is to remember that death is as much a part of life as living it is. I know it sounds corny, but it's true. No one gets out of life alive in the end.

Death and Taxes...can't escape either one.
Zorrin
Fourtunealy I havnt seen anyone die, but soon my granddad will and its going to be sad Sad
cybernie
I have seen my grandpa on his dying hour... i was really after that time.. i just cried on a corner... that was horrible hearing him gasp his last breath... the last word i heard was from my grandma saying "he's gone".
Vrythramax
@Zorrin,

This may seem contrite, but death is just another part of life. I am terribly sorry about your grandfather, and I DO feel for your impending loss, but who are we to say that he is not moving on to another path, one that may grant him peace? Keep your pleasant memories in your head, and your love for him in your heart...and he will never truly go away.
bulek
I didn't see anyone to die yet and I hope I won't at least in near future.
jb2_86_uk
A Year ago I was driving on the M1 Motorway in England, where a chav/stupid boy racer came flying down a slip road, obviously in a hurry, moved straight into the 3rd (fast) lane to pass two lorries that were in the slower lanes, however the chav didnt see there was already a car in the 3rd lane which he promptly pushed into the central reservation. This happened only about 4 cars infront of mine which really shook me up to think it could have been me if he was 5 seconds later or I was 5 seconds quicker. I dont know how many occupants were in either cars but I heard on the news later that there was one death and two critically injured. Im betting it was the innocent driver that died. Since then my driving has settled down alot and I always check my blindspots no matter how quiet the road or motorway might be.

JB
otiscom
My father when I was 11 years old.

Four people in a car crash.

A man killed in the steelworks where I worked.

Just unlucky I suppose!
eqfan
bulek wrote:

sure,same here
poisonhzkj
if you are in china ,you will see many in your daily life...
38club
I have see anyone to die in front of me....
nox-Hand
Wow, freaky question.. Well, I saw a waterpolo player get kicked in the head once, and he stopped breathing. He died in the ambulance afaik..

Anywho, nuff of that question!
sujan
ya i had a recent memory
mw91
my friend had his head taken off by a lorry when he leaned out of a car window to see if he had a burst tyre.
windrei
i have never seen anybody dies in front of my eyes. But i think i will not cry. i am not indifferent, but only do not know how to react. it will be a sudden case. Maybe someone like your friend is playing in front of you, suddenly there is a motorbike come across by and hit him/her. Your friend cannot move anymore.... Everything is so fast that your feeling may just in a mess... ...
Vanilla
bulek wrote:

Same to me. I'm too fragile to hang on this. Sad
bugra9
I have never seen anybody dies in front of my eyes. I don't want to see.
eldarian
i seen my grandpa dead. not dying.
statusfashions
well i havent seen anyone b\dying in front of me and i dont want to see anyone that way.
i have seen accidents and it makes me feel totally unimaginable fury then.
i cant even see an animal dying in front of me .
had an incident when my two best friends drowned at a near my lake in my childhood and one of my friend had seen this , he wasnt able to come out of shock for a week to come . even all of our friends were in shock as we had planned to swim together that fateful day and had to i had to cancel that for some reasons..
georgeodowd
I saw John Denver die, oddly enough. His plane crashed right outside my window. I didn't know it was him at the time, but it was rather sobering. The seagulls, on the other hand, had quite a celebration. :O

A friend of mine saw an old lady get mowed down in the crosswalk once. Apparently she was in pieces all over the street. The person who hit her drove off and was never caught. Some human beings are such delightful creatures.
crimson_aria
i have never seen somebody die right in front of me. accidents, yes. but deaths, no. the closest i had was with my grandfather when I was 12. i was just preparing for my exams in my room and when I went to the living room, they were many adults. some I didn't know. they were blocking the entire entrance to the room so I couldn't enter. I heard someone crying. i thought it was some kind of adult thing so I didn't bother to squeeze myself in. I sat on the stairs until my father came and broke the news to me. my grandfather died in front of my mom, he had a heart attack. and i was just upstairs. it's one event in my life i will never forget.
sana618
georgeodowd wrote:

A friend of mine saw an old lady get mowed down in the crosswalk once. Apparently she was in pieces all over the street. The person who hit her drove off and was never caught. Some human beings are such delightful creatures.

you are so very right about some of those people.....

this happened when i was in India, i was in the marketplace with a friend of mine, a lot of people and also a lot of traffic. when suddenly to everyone's horror a small truck or tempo i think it is called there,not very sure about the vechical, anyways it was a mini truck was coming at a high speed not appropriate for that area(busy market place) at the same time a boy runs to cross the road....
the truck hits him smashing his head and drives away not even bothering to stop. on the road the remains of the boy's head is scattered, no one came forward to help the distressed mother who was at that time on the other side of the road.
what happened later was very heart rending and i fainted after seeing all that and still get the chills when i remember that.....
when no one came forward to help that poor distressed women she herself started collecting the remains of all the bone n brain pieces in a vessel she had with her at that time and picked up her son's body and went away. what hurts and upsets me is that out of hundreds of people present there not even a single person came forward to help her even me.

seeing all this i fainted, being sick at that time myself i could not bare that and once again was hospitalized for a few days.

even to this day it gives me the shivers remembering that incident, i hope and pray to god that no one has to go through that kind of sorrow as that women.
spring567
I saw this just on TV or movies.
watersoul
When I was 12 I found my Grandmother dead...aged 16 I held hands with my best friend as he died, 2 years ago same thing with my Father...we all die eventually, just hopefully its with little pain, and we lived our lives to the fullest - just celebrate being alive every day, none of us know how long we've got! Smile
georgeodowd
sana618 wrote:

this happened when i was in India, i was in the marketplace with a friend of mine, a lot of people and also a lot of traffic. when suddenly to everyone's horror a small truck or tempo i think it is called there,not very sure about the vechical, anyways it was a mini truck was coming at a high speed not appropriate for that area(busy market place) at the same time a boy runs to cross the road....

Wow. I'm really sorry you had to see that. I can't imagine how traumatic that must have been. And that poor woman. I hope she has found some peace since then.
georgeodowd
On a somewhat related note, I read somewhere recently that a study showed that playing Tetris immediately after a traumatic experience lessens the frequency of flashbacks... guess we ought to keep a portable version handy at all times!
sana618
yes it was and still is very traumatic for me.every time i see any accident i hyperventilate on the verge of collapse. i was in india for medical reasons and just out of the hospital but had to be admitted again after that incident. i don't know what happened to that poor women. i am very sorry that i could not find out anything about that women, it was an incident out of a hundred of them that happened that day, where only a few are affected indirectly.
Sphaerenkern
No, never... and I don't want to, of course :/
Reminds me of stories of soldiers who saw their comrades die, but survived himself - after that, he was haunted by the question why he survived while the others had to die...
Thinking of this, I'm glad that I will probably never aim a rifle towards a living being. Seeing something die is probably worse when it's even your fault.
apple
I have never witnessed someone dying. it always happened before I arrived.
jsarnold
I was living and working at a boarding school once, and was called to help resuscitate the headteacher's wife who drowned in the school swimming pool one evening. Sadly, we weren't successful. I wasn't able to enjoy swimming pools for quite a while afterwards.
raaeft1
I have seen many deaths in my life. I remember when I was a young child, my maternal grandmother to whom I was emotionally attached, died and I was so upset that I stopped believing in God for some months for not saving her life in response to my prayers.
Then my maternal uncle died in a road accident. Then my maternal grandfather died in 1974. I was emotionally attached to them.

My mother died in 1992 in a hospital in my and my wife's presence. Her demise was very peaceful and she went away chanting the name of God. According to Hindu philosophy anyone who dies remembering God attains Moksha (Liberation).

And in 2007 my aunt, who had brought me up and I regarded her as mother, died of lung cancer in Delhi. I went to visit her in Hospital. I gave her silent Reiki by touching her forehead. She responded , opened her eyes, smiled and then slipped into coma.

And as a journalist, I have seen mass deaths also, the worst being of young school children who perished in a massive blaze at Dabwali in Haryana State of India.
jmlworld
In Africa, even more than half of the young kids have experience of people dying. I was only 6-years-old when I have seen a dead person killed with a knife laying at our door. I felt shocking, when I have seen how terribly he was hurt.

Since then, I have witnessed many people dying from the result of injuries or illnesses. I live in a war torn country where there are war casualties in every day.

I witnessed a young kid being overrun by militants vehicle. The vehicle popped out a doorway of a presidential house, it was moving with a great speed, many people were gathering in front of the house, and unfortunately it hit a couple of kids. One of them luckily fell out of the pavement, but it run on the other one, it was like a reality TV, every body there was feeling shocked and the young boy was dead as we rushed to him.

Such situation leaves you sick sometimes, but when you see it many times, you will not feel a pain anymore...
pscompanies
I haven't seen any except on TV and in movies. And I don't want to either.
paskifire
If possible, i don't want to see anyone die in front of me. Last year my friend almost died in front of me while executing a skateboard trick, He looked horrible that time while his body is shaking because of the impact on his head. I was scared that time and rushed him on the nearest hospital as soon as possible. There's heavy traffic present and we're all shouting "Let us pass, this is an emergency!". The day ended with smiles on our faces because it tuned that he's safe. He was confined on the hospital and now he's back on action again. I don't want to see anything like that again especially to my love ones.
anarhistu
I was about to die in a car accident (back on 6 february 1992 - about 13.42 Bucharest time). Before that, a friend drowned next to me... since then I can not swim any more. One girl jumped from the 6th floor and her brains were at about two metters arround her. I held on my hands two dogs while they were dying and I still remember their eyes and the way they were looking at me.
As I've seen, lately, is hard to be the person that never seen somebody dying....
Vrythramax
This really is a morbid subject. Can future contributions to this simply answer the original question of "Have you ever seen someone die?" without adding all the graphic details?
misha9090
Yes, someone in the street. Sad
anarhistu
Vrythramax wrote:
This really is a morbid subject. Can future contributions to this simply answer the original question of "Have you ever seen someone die?" without adding all the graphic details?

ok... maybe I said too much.... sorry! I'll stick to the question itself next time... promise!
paskifire
Guess I'll need to apologize too. Sorry, next time I'll answer it directly without the graphical story Smile
fladry
I saw a protestor shot by police near my house.
deanhills
fladry wrote:
I saw a protestor shot by police near my house.
That is pretty awful. I'm sorry you had to go through something like that. If I may ask, where did this happen? Could you have been shot too?
nivinjoy
Only in movies and in videos...!! But sometime ago i saw a video in which a man was getting beheaded somewhere in some Eastern countries...!! The video had it so brutal and cruel that it haunted me for a while...!!
deanhills
nivinjoy wrote:
Only in movies and in videos...!! But sometime ago i saw a video in which a man was getting beheaded somewhere in some Eastern countries...!! The video had it so brutal and cruel that it haunted me for a while...!!
I also wonder about those movies. I also watch quite a bit of movies that has violence in it. They have to have a negative influence on people. The one with beheading must have been the journalist who died in Pakistan by terrorists? I did not see it, but it must have been gruesome especially for those who knew him well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Pearl
Donutey
Your large vocabulary seems to indicate a good understanding of english, but the grammar needs work. I had to read the headline a few times to understand what it meant.
carlospro7
I have not, but as I get older I've become more aware of the numbers. Most of the time, I have some sort of connection with the person, not personal, but perhaps we went to the same university, or I played soccer with them once. Lately, I've also noticed how many artists have died, and I don't know if this has always been like that, or if I'm only now beginning to notice.
hamza1122
no i havent. i think that would be like pretty traumatic or depressing. I was going to see a punch up today but i didn't know when it was on so i just caught my bus. wanted to see it though.
chatrack
No. May God keep me like that.
Ophois
Thread resurrection. Nice.

Yeah, "I see dead people" is the tag line of my work. I guess I have a sick/dark sense of humor about it. Not surprising, as many people in the emergency medical field do. Every once in a while it does bother me, usually if it's a kid or if it's an especially traumatic death. Most times I am fairly indifferent to it, though. Haven't seen a person die in a while though, and that's good. But, the holidays(Christmas/New Year) are coming up soon, so I will probably see at least a few idiots get themselves and others killed in a drunk driving accident and a few suicides.
sheedatali
Saw an old woman being crushed by a bus into a wall. The driver flee'ed, poor women was not even on the road, she was off the road and the driver was told previously to drive slowly in that area. He used to just drive past 80Mph in an urban area early morning hoping that no one was on streets. The driver was under pressure from employers to head back to pick up more passengers so that he can do more trips per day.

Poor woman did not survive the impact and died on spot. Still gives me shiver just thinking about it.
Ghost900
I have not personally seen anybody die. Depending on the situation and how that person died or how well I knew them it could be very hard on me. Luckly I have never had that happen.
deanhills
Not to detract from the seriousness of watching a live person dying, I see people dying in the most gruesome ways in movies all the time. I sometimes wonder whether people really like brutal deaths as when I go to our neighbourhood Video Rental place, the only movies available are ones with brutal death in them, Frankenstein type, science fiction. Scary movies with lots of knives and blood all over the place. Wish they could have more PBS type movies with biographies, and history of wars, etc. With the violence I see in the movies on a daily basis I feel as though I have experienced voilence on a daily basis. Think it is time to retire to an island with no electricity, preferably no people, definitely not the "Lost" movie type island though. Now that has violence written all over it as well, and seems to be very popular all round as well, like Prison Break as well. Shocked
ProfessorY91
hellrahul wrote:
If you are in India you will see many persons dieing due to road accidents.
Currently my teacher died in a road accident. I was shocked. He was the best teacher in my school. But ....
Crying or Very sad

You make it sound like you'll get killed once you step on the streets in India. The real story is that no cars go over 45 miles an hour, rarely over thirty - country, city, whatever. Hardly anyone dies, and there are very few fatal car accidents. How do I back up such a statement? There are crazy traffic jams all over the place - every majoy city! Delhi, Calcutta, Mumbai... you name it.

Jeez man. And your teacher cant "currently" die. Its not a recurring death.
ovg8
Saw my grandmother die of sickness