FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

BIG LINUX

gaspar
While i was installing big linux the box was telling that it was 60% complete and the the machine blocked... I tried many ways to see if it works but it didn't and i can't instal big linux...
lbs
I have never used big linux, but I have used many others. I would try Ubunto or Xandros ( www.ubuntolinux.org www.xandros.org ) They are very easy to use and everything is set up from the start. Installation is a breeze on both. Ubunto will even ship you cd's for free, no shipping or anything. Please just don't take advantage of them if you are not interested.
gaspar
Big linux has very funtions and he is incredible when we instal a drive he detects it and install it. He brigs lot of software and he brings the program wine installed too. We can run the big linux from the cd or we can install it! It's perfect! Luckely i'm portuguese and the big linux exists only in portuguese! :Þ
dionet
wow, i will use it (iīm portuguese too)
devadutta
gaspar wrote:
Big linux has very funtions and he is incredible when we instal a drive he detects it and install it. He brigs lot of software and he brings the program wine installed too. We can run the big linux from the cd or we can install it! It's perfect! Luckely i'm portuguese and the big linux exists only in portuguese! :Þ

The description sounds very good.
I suggest you use Knoppix. It simply rules. Moreover, it is a rip off Debian, so it can really work wonders. I use it on my p3 with just 128mb ram and it roars. It can play any kind of videos, music etc..
You seem to be interested in easy config and auto h/w detection, Knoppix does it really well..
lbs
Xandros works much better than knoppix, much more suitable for daily activities. Knoppix is great in it's own wright but that is mostly os recovery IMNSHO;)
mcshen
why not give a mandrake and suse a try?

I am on suse 9.3 right now and its visaully stunning, though i am having this memory loss problem..

I also loved mandrake 10.1. The only difference between mandrake 10.1 and suse is suse's update feature. It makes suse a lot more appealing..