FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MS office 2007 beta

manumiglani
I just downloaded 440 mb MS office 7 beta but when I tried to install it by double clicking on it..... it showed me the message ..

The installation of the package failed.

what could be the problem? ..... dam..... I was downloading this for about a week........ I used opera download manager to stop and resume transfer.... can there be any problem due to this?
saskshadowplayers
that beta versian was a bit tricky to install for me. Make sure that you dont have the office 12 pre-release installed before becuase it wont let you upgrade to the beta. I eventually had to get "windows install clean-up" from the windows site to get rid of everything to do with office on my computer before I could successfully install it.
Does it say anything else other than its an error (like why it failed)
and it took a week? wow that should be done in like a couple of hours ...you must have a pretty slow connection.
anyways try uninstalling office before you install the beta version.
manumiglani
saskshadowplayers wrote:
that beta versian was a bit tricky to install for me. Make sure that you dont have the office 12 pre-release installed before becuase it wont let you upgrade to the beta. I eventually had to get "windows install clean-up" from the windows site to get rid of everything to do with office on my computer before I could successfully install it.
Does it say anything else other than its an error (like why it failed)
and it took a week? wow that should be done in like a couple of hours ...you must have a pretty slow connection.
anyways try uninstalling office before you install the beta version.

I have MS office 2003 installed on my computer............ I will now first uninstall it and then install beta again........... It does not say anything else accept that dam error line

Thanks for youe help mate!!!!
The Czar
manumiglani wrote:
I just downloaded 440 mb MS office 7 beta but when I tried to install it by double clicking on it..... it showed me the message ..

what could be the problem? ..... dam..... I was downloading this for about a week........ I used opera download manager to stop and resume transfer.... can there be any problem due to this?

How come for one week? What is your connection speed anyways?
lukeropro
I downloaded it and installed it, nothing wrong with my installation.