FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HISTORY BUFFS: Please help. US Experiments.

viceless
i remember watching a longtime ago a segment on either the history channel or TLC or some other science type show a segment on an experiment by the united states on either a ship or a submarine or something.

what ended up happening was the sailors/soldiers became fused with the ship. it was ridiculous what they showed, but basically people could end up with half their bodies on the other side of the wall or an arm under their feet.

i'm sure the video was a dramatization, or maybe the entire thing was some sort of theory or a hoax, but i can almost swear it was real. so if anyone knows anything about this experiment/hoax, please name it for me so i can look it up. >D
S3nd K3ys
http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq21-1.htm

The Philadelphia Experiment.
HoboPelican
Good reference, S3. Laughing I remember reading all the whacko versions as a kid and was quite fascinated by it, along with UFOs, Mu, etc.

To bad the world isn't as interesting now as it was when I was a wide-eyed kid! Laughing

I gotta run and recharge my crystals at the nearest vortex.... Wink
S3nd K3ys
HoboPelican wrote:
Good reference, S3. Laughing I remember reading all the whacko versions as a kid and was quite fascinated by it, along with UFOs, Mu, etc.

To bad the world isn't as interesting now as it was when I was a wide-eyed kid! Laughing

It was the first thing that google gave me. I didn't really look at the context, how far off was it from the truth? I know you know the truth about such things. Wink
HoboPelican
S3nd K3ys wrote:
HoboPelican wrote:

It was the first thing that google gave me. I didn't really look at the context, how far off was it from the truth? I know you know the truth about such things. Wink

Very funny. Laughing Truth? I don't know truth and I think very few people do. About ANYHTHING Wink . The site is the Navys refutation of the supposed facts. Pretty complete, but if you are into conspiracies, you'd have to do some digging to find flaws.

But you really should read it. Wink
coolclay
I really wonder who spends all the time that it takes to come up with these conspiracy theorys. Don't some of these people have jobs? I mean like the JFK wackjobs, the moon weirdos, and nowadays its the 9/11 crackheads.

I mean you really have to A. have lots of spare time, B. Lots of loose nuts upstairs, and C. Lots of expedible cash to make some of these stupid movies that are floating around. I wish I had enough money to stop working, think up stupid theories, and make movies about them. I guess some people are just born with silver spoons in their mouths.
HoboPelican
coolclay wrote:
I really wonder who spends all the time that it takes to come up with these conspiracy theorys. Don't some of these people have jobs? I mean like the JFK wackjobs, the moon weirdos, and nowadays its the 9/11 crackheads.

I think the movies and such are just honest, hardworking filmmakers cashing in on existing believers. I doubt if they have beliefs one way or another. It's human nature to want to belief in something greater than everyday reality. It's harmless for the most part. On the other hand, we might get a good thread going on the Kennedy Assassination. I loved the "magic bullet" theory. Laughing
Blaster
hmm never herd of that theory. Maybe you where watching sci fi. Laughing

Anyhow i know the person with the 9/11 conspiecy was made by a student for a school project.
HoboPelican
Blaster wrote:
hmm never herd of that theory. Maybe you where watching sci fi. Laughing

"Magic" single bullet theory described by the government's report...

One assassin, one bullet did all the damage in Dallas.

See Wiki <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_bullet_theory>
cfackler
Quote:
Anyhow i know the person with the 9/11 conspiracy was made by a student for a school project.

That movie was very captivating. I want to believe it's untrue, also, but who knows?
Soulfire
I highly doubt that it was a conspiracy, but a captivating movie nonetheless.
hlavco
This is a funny coincidence, because I just watched a show about the Philadelphia Experiment for the first time today. Interesting, but very unlikely. Especially the "metal fusing" part, because then surely somebody outside the Navy would've found out.