FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

People like this really piss me off....

kazikame
Sometimes I get in a depressed mood, but instead of trying to help, people just say "OmG u ShUdNt B lYk DaT DaReS PpL wOrSe oF dAn U".

So lemme get this straight: I'm a deformed freak, have no real friends, am a total geek, and have no chance of ever getting a social life. or a GF.

And they're expecting me not to get depressed about it just because I'm not some 3rd world Starvin Marvin?

Anyone else been in this situation?
HoboPelican
Smile Sorry, man, I understand your pain. Keep in mind those folks are only trying to help in the only way they know how. I know it sucks having to understand other people when you are in pain, but welcome to life.

My wife has this theory that she calls "No Room for Eyore". Bascially, it says that the world does not want to allow depression to exist. We say you gotta get depressed sometimes. It makes great counter point for the good times.

So, kazi, sorry you're depressed. You'll get over it and things wil be good..... for awhile! Wink
mstreet
Well I'm not the greatest at depicting txt messaging stuff.
But as much as I hate it when people say well it could be worse off, I wonder if they say this because they are not sure how to actually help with the situation (or they're really insensitive)
As for social life stuff well we all grow into different people and meet different people along the way, I honestly believe there is someone for everyone. Look at the internet and see how many people you meet from there. Yes it's online but hey you never know maybe Frihost will have a huge festival somewhere and we can all meet up.[/i]
kazikame
I'm not depressed. Not right now anyway.

I'm just expressing my annoyance at the aforementioned people Rolling Eyes
coolclay
Quote:
And they're expecting me not to get depressed about it just because I'm not some 3rd world Starvin Marvin?

You mean you'd rather be a 3rd world Starvin Marvin? Some people just don't appreciate what we have, I mean you should be happy you have a computer, and internet access to come here and chat, because I'd dare to say at least 75% of the world population doesn't.

And about the depression thing, we all have those days we feel like trash, and feel useless but you just have to make changes, if you ever want to get out of your current position, good things don't just happen on their own, you have to make them happen.
HoboPelican
coolclay wrote:
And about the depression thing, we all have those days we feel like trash, and feel useless but you just have to make changes, if you ever want to get out of your current position, good things don't just happen on their own, you have to make them happen.

Aw, come on. You are going to have bad days no matter what you change about yourself Laughing The point I was making (or trying to) is that there is nothing wrong with a little depression. It's healthy, I think. But the world, in general, thinks that depression, even in small amounts, needs to be wiped out. "oh, you're down. Don't feel bad, blah blah blah". "Depressed? Take these drugs, you'll feel great". Why is it so hard for us (and I include myself) to just say, " I'm sorry, man, that sucks". and let them deal with it. Seriously, when you're down, you don't want to hear that your pain is not important.

Of course, REAL clinical depression is something different and I am not addressing that.
Oblivion-Zion
Kami i understand where your coming from, i get depressed alot too, dont have mny friends......dont go out much live in a house from hell etc.

And my own mum says "stop acting like a child and fight your depression"...but its not that easy.....

ppl may be worse off than us but that doesnt mean we not allowed to be depressed, its a part of life and ppl who dont like it need to open there eyes a bit.
Blaster
I've never been in that situation. Some people are better to talk to then others. Thats i have one girl i always talk to that can make everything better for me. Ass for the girl thing there will be someone for you. There is someone for everyone. You just have to get out more. Even if it is by yourself. Maybe talk to people and stuff. Anyhow good luck with your problems. If you ever need to talk just find a close friend or even a stranger. I've done that before. It really does help though.
Jayfarer
kazikame wrote:

So lemme get this straight: I'm a deformed freak, have no real friends, am a total geek, and have no chance of ever getting a social life. or a GF.

Well, maybe not with that pessimistic attitude.

No one's expecting you not to be depressed, except maybe idiots, but people do expect you to not allow yourself to wallow in it for very long.
Oblivion-Zion
you say that like its easy...a bad case of depression can cuase you to suffer from insomnia and agrophobia.....

i can explain what agrophobia is if you dont know, if you do know then thats why some people who suffer from bad depression cant go out....they may want to but they cant.
jabapyth
i feel your pain, man. but they do have a point (however annoying/unhelpful). 'course, knowing that doesnt make you feel any better, so it really accomplishesb nothing.