FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SPEED!!! WOOO

Stinger
Hey i went to oakwood today with a day trip with a chool and i went on their new ride called speed! it was awesome, its the only ride in the UK with a drop that goes beyond vertigal!
Blaster
what kind of ride is it. Like a rollercoaster or something. Do you have a picture of the ride or anything. I want to see a pic of this. It sounds cool.
Zorrin
Oh man i wana go there! But i live no where near! Dangit....... *mumbles under breath*
Josso
Oooh cool. Sounds interesting, I've only been to Thorpe Park but I love coasters ^^.
nox-Hand
Did anyone try Kraken in Sea World USA? Oh, my. Excellent Very Happy

Never heard of this other ride :/
Nevman
I too was curious as to what Stinger meant by "beyond vertical".

Oakwood Leisure
Quote:
2000 feet of steel roller coaster built for speed and fun! Our new ride will thrill you with a vertical lift, a more than vertical first drop, a -1G camel hump, a flying 110 degree turn, a vertical loop, a 360 degree barrel roll and a horizontal loop at speeds of up to 95 kph!

Interesting Fact

The UK's only more than vertical drop...a 97 degree overhang!

Site includes a couple of pictures, as well as more info on the theme park.
scotty
There is a similar ride in Australia at Warner Brothers' Movie World on the Gold Coast. It is called Superman and its party piece is an acceleration of 0-100 km/h in 2 seconds which feels fantastic. Then you go straight up in the air and over in a -1 G loop like the one in Speed. I went on it 4 times in a row and I ended up blacking out partially in one of the corners then I thought I should probably stop...
eqfan
It sounds cool.very interesting
Hammy
But surely a drop at 97 degree angle would go slower than a vertical drop of 90 degree?.. lol. nd surly 7 degree's isnt noticeable?
thegamecreator
That musta been crazy. . . it sounds awesome but im drop dead scared of roller coasters Embarassed
dz9c
that was awesome dude
Mental2k
yeah 97 would be slower than 90, but in my personal opinion it'd be pretty hard to beat oblivion at alton towers, so simple, and yet so scary the first time, then you just want to go round and round and round.... at least i did anyway.

Man i love that ride.

Second fav would be tower of terror on one of the florida theme parks (buggered if i can remember which one) 13 story freefall drop, oh yeah, good stuff;)
avk
It seems to be real intresting thing..