FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dragon optical illusion.

meet in rio
http://www.grand-illusions.com/opticalillusions/dragon_illusion/

Watch the video--it's amazing.

I wouldn't usually dp anything like this, but I actually printed it off and made one (http://elspeth.frih.net/love/dragon1.jpg). It really is as good as the one in the video.

Now all I have to do it make a giant one and stick it out my window.[/url]
rein
wow, cool effect. I think i'm gonna make one too Smile
Shiva
Wouw!! great effect!!!

I got to ow one Smile
nakoth
Thats quite excellent.

I wonder how people come up with these things.
jabapyth
looks really cool!!!!! Very Happy
after the second or third time watching the vidio, i could sort of see through it, but it was hard!
i think i'll make one.
Ellosha
How fun! I may have to make myself one of those, or something very similar.
Bookface
nifty. I'm making one, and maybe I'll work out my own design too. Doesn't seem like it could be too hard.
Vanilla
I want one!!! If I make one on my own, it will not be a dragon, it will be a hamster. Dragons are too scary. Laughing
mceejaydee
that...is...awesome... Shocked His eyes follow me!!!!
quex
That was a good one. Thanks for sharing it... I've been jaded by all the old dancing circle and crossed line illusions that people seem so fond of collecting on the internet, so this was refreshing. Love the whole page.
Cheers!
viceless
http://www.grand-illusions.com/ is probably one of the best website ever.

try looking for these on grand-illusions.com:

Dragon Forks, Fore-Edge Painting, Paper Clip Top, Puzzle Nut, and Hurrican Balls.

that guy has a very nice "Professor"-ish voice to him, doesn't he?
vln004
that is extremely cool, i downloaded a copy. Will play with it whenever i can.
GProject
That is amazing!

I just downloaded the template and made it - it totally works!! Fantastic illusion, and so much fun! Thanks for sharing that one.
Scotty Too Hotty
wow, that is aazing,

i am so making one and putting in top of my desk at work. I want to see how many people i can like completly freak out when they walk by my office, or come into my office. That is the perfect idea, and im sure tha it will freak them out completly.
silvermesh
that is very cool. an old illusion, but still one of my favorites. it's so simple, but still very tricksy. Wink
Josso
Ooooh that's cool, might make my own.
snowboardude
whoa. im not even gonna bother to think bout how that one works...
secret_soul
That is terrifying *hides* I might make one to scare my friends with...
peroxide
This is great.. I might print one and put it in my girlfriend's room and see her reaction when she wakes up.
Mithrandir
Yeah that truly is amzaing. I'm definetly going to print it out and give it a try. Its a little creepy to say the least.
djcaution
The movie is blocked from my workplace Sad I'll check this out when I get home!
Zorrin
Thats awsome! I need to make one......
mceejaydee
I think the record thing is cool in grand-illusions.com It's seems like anybody could have thought about it.
Jaime
great effect--- Wink
Gavilan
WOW hahahha I thought it was something totaly diferent, super cool effect
jongoldsz
wow, that is awesome.
chazcb
Sweet. I'm gonna give it a try.
Josso
Weird, it's like when you know it's not real and your mind is tricking you it looks like CGI.
cheh
hehe cool! Very Happy
i printed it out myself, let's see how it works Very Happy
GProject
Scotty Too Hotty wrote:
i am so making one and putting in top of my desk at work. I want to see how many people i can like completly freak out when they walk by my office, or come into my office. That is the perfect idea, and im sure tha it will freak them out completly.

lol - mine has already been round everyone in the office. It seems to be impressing everybody. Fantastic effect though - I'd love to try and create my onw.
Josso
How hard are they to put together, people who have done it already. Those tabs looked complicated.
mw91
omg i made onei thought it wouldnt work, but its crazy!! Shocked
erlendhg
WOW! That was so incredible... cool and amazing. Never seen anything like that. (fascinated) Smile
Gundamxxg
That totally reminds me of something that I saw on google video last night. You watch a screen with black and white moving lines for about a minute and a half, after that minute and a half you look away and everything you see bends and distorts due to the interference on your vision from the black and white moving lines.

I'll find the link and post it here later. =D
eku53ru
Wow, that's one neat little dragon. I knew that optical illusions were amazing, but something like this is print-worthy. I think I'll be making one of my own just to creep out my family - they're in need of a good scare, or, err, laugh.

Gotta love how our eyes tend to trick us; I used to love optical illusion books as a child. Too bad they didn't include anything like this in them.
statusfashions
good one .
will be looking for this
GProject
Josso wrote:
How hard are they to put together, people who have done it already. Those tabs looked complicated.

They are really easy to put together. There are only 3 tabs which need sticking down (on the head), and besides that all you have to do is get the folds right. The best thing to do is either print out two copies (one to cut out & make and one as a guide to where all the folds are), or print one a single copy and keep the .pdf open on your screen. The 'valley fold' / 'mountain fold' labelling system makes it very easy to get right.

Good luck!
Hammy
Heh.Pritty much what everyone else said lol.. that is pritty awesome!.
I wouldnt mind making one myself.

Tho i hate pictures where the eyes follow you lol. Like on billboards.
gltsry
How can I get one??
Kaisonic
Wow, that's pretty amazing. It really looks like its head is following one around the room. But if one looks hard enough, you can actually see the real structure as it physical is.
tik0
loool ielieve this actually works xD

but ill make one later ...
Daniel15
That is such a cool illusion! I love it! Very Happy