FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

need help restoring phpbb database from old webhost.

goblinish
Hi.
I want to move my forum which was previously hosted by someone else to my new frihost account. I have moved my forum between hosts before by simply uploading the gzip database file then changing the appropriate information in the phpbb config file. However, when i try to upload my gzip database i get the following message..

Quote:
Error Restoring database

Details

That database is not yours

I also tried making a new phpbb database with the intention of uploading the renamed backup over it, but when i do that i get this message..

Quote:
Unable to restore database goblinis_phpbb1 : ERROR 1064 at line 21: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1' at line 18 gunzip: stdout: Broken pipe

Could anyone please advise me on the correct way to get my phpbb forum up and running again on frihost?
many thanks in advance!
Ratman2050
goblinish wrote:
Hi.
I want to move my forum which was previously hosted by someone else to my new frihost account. I have moved my forum between hosts before by simply uploading the gzip database file then changing the appropriate information in the phpbb config file. However, when i try to upload my gzip database i get the following message..

Quote:
Error Restoring database

Details

That database is not yours

I also tried making a new phpbb database with the intention of uploading the renamed backup over it, but when i do that i get this message..

Quote:
Unable to restore database goblinis_phpbb1 : ERROR 1064 at line 21: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1' at line 18 gunzip: stdout: Broken pipe

Could anyone please advise me on the correct way to get my phpbb forum up and running again on frihost?
many thanks in advance!

Instead of taking your restored database. FTP all your files from your old web host. Then copy them into your frihost webstie via FTP. The reason why you get your error is because the database is not yours is exactly how it is. Your doing a restore from a different provider so it would not work.
mathiaus
You need to export the database in a way that you are able to open it up yourself in notepad, then just remove all instamces of 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1', save the file and paste into a sql query in phpmyadmin Smile
goblinish
Thanks both for your suggestions..

@Ratman2050
Do you mean copy all the files before the public_html folder? Im not sure and i dont want to mess up the control panel etc..

@mathiaus
I tried what you said and i got this error..

Quote:
There is a chance that you may have found a bug in the SQL parser. Please examine your query closely, and check that the quotes are correct and not mis-matched. Other possible failure causes may be that you are uploading a file with binary outside of a quoted text area. You can also try your query on the MySQL command line interface. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem. If you still have problems or if the parser fails where the command line interface succeeds, please reduce your SQL query input to the single query that causes problems, and submit a bug report with the data chunk in the CUT section below:
----BEGIN CUT----
eNqdUMFqwkAQPXe/4hU8ibvurtGahYIhBhWisUlqoZeQNKEGYpImKvbbPPST+gvdeOmlpw5vYHi8
mTczju97voItYEu4zkZBQEKOOAlCzV8JsXeBQm+VKrQfRR03bdawIk9Yva8HZ0g2mkByPh7yqYYu
lZRKCBTZwYRzqdEj68/gyVUwGGdyRNtjXKZxk5LnwIcXDGAtnE04wM7Rfi95ibX3unJdC2PGyXZt
Ke0xYQatC4Nsl9tON/CCbpzB9Mp5eboQ19osFLKS5m1Fp9OxSQW5eX5fvyjFbQGkp0MNwZlJKNXA
smqPCkX1Fhd7XULHPD7GSdxmCs17m4gHLiN9ZpKITk//FV1nkDXnrIHONq/KO4MJJszfR5Bh/97g
ggsEToiZ584je2n5lh06fqSpyHZX+kWPs9lfNPrDHxtmdrw=
----END CUT----
----BEGIN RAW----

ERROR: C1 C2 LEN: 1 2 230
STR:

CVS: $Id: sqlparser.lib.php,v 2.36 2005/08/08 20:22:11 lem9 Exp $
MySQL: 4.0.23-standard
USR OS, AGENT, VER: Win MOZILLA 5.0
PMA: 2.6.4-pl4
PHP VER,OS: 4.4.2 Linux
LANG: en-iso-8859-1
SQL: -- MySQL dump 10.9
--
-- Host: localhost Database: rgsb1702_phpbb1
-- ------------------------------------------------------
-- Server version 4.1.19-standard

/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */

----END RAW----

SQL query:

-- MySQL dump 10.9 -- -- Host: localhost Database: rgsb1702_phpbb1 -- ------------------------------------------------------ -- Server version 4.1.19-standard /*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-- MySQL dump 10.9
--
-- Host: localhost Database: rgsb17

I also tried doing a new install of phpbb wich i got working, but when i tried to restore the database inside the admin control panel i got this message..
Quote:

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-- Host: localhost Database: goblinis_phpbb1 -- --------

-- Host: localhost Database: goblinis_phpbb1 -- ------------------------------------------------------ -- Server version 4.1.19-standard /*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */

Line : 980
File : admin_db_utilities.php

Confused
goblinish
one thing i have noticed...

The old mysql server was verson 4.1.19 but frihost is 4.0.23. Can that make any difference?
Bondings
goblinish wrote:
one thing i have noticed...

The old mysql server was verson 4.1.19 but frihost is 4.0.23. Can that make any difference?

Yes that is indeed making a difference. But normally it is just editing a few lines. You most likely removed a bit too much or not enoughm like a comma.
goblinish
I tried it several times now with still no luck and the same results... Im positive there is no comma errors etc.. Confused Is this the right place to ask about this or would i be better trying to get help on the official phpbb forum?

edit.
I have posted for help there too
goblinish
can anyone help with this?
One thing im thinking is that i would not be having this problem if i had always backed up the database inside the phpbb admin panel instead of using the previous hosts own cpanel mysql backup.? Is there a way of logging into my forum `off line` and creating the phpbb generated backup?

Im now at my wits end with this and have run out of ideas.. Mad
goblinish
Ok..
After lots of head scratching, i decided to set up anther free host just to access cpanel to see if i could upload my backup and it worked fine. I got my forum working, and generated a phpbb backup file, but when i try to upload the file to my frihost forum i get this message..

Quote:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 5055164 bytes) in /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin-2.6.4-pl4/libraries/sqlparser.lib.php on line 213

The file is

450k compressed, and about 4.3mb uncompressed.
goblinish
Well, it looks like my forum was just too big to be hosted here... Sad Shame as i really wanted to use frihost.

Not to worry i have got it working perfect on addyour.net Smile

Please lock this topic if you want.

I will still probably hang around this community tho if thats ok and maybe do something else with my webspace youve given me.
Bondings
goblinish, if the .sql file isn't accepted by phpMyAdmin because of the size, then I can put it in the database for you. You will need to upload the .sql file with ftp, provide me the path to it and the name of the database you want it to be in.
goblinish
Bondings wrote:
goblinish, if the .sql file isn't accepted by phpMyAdmin because of the size, then I can put it in the database for you. You will need to upload the .sql file with ftp, provide me the path to it and the name of the database you want it to be in.

wow, thanks for the offer! Smile
I shall hold the thought for now, but i may take up you offer in the near future!

Just a thought, how big would my database be allowed to grow to on frihost?
Bondings
goblinish wrote:
Bondings wrote:

wow, thanks for the offer! Smile
I shall hold the thought for now, but i may take up you offer in the near future!

Just a thought, how big would my database be allowed to grow to on frihost?

It goes towards your normal disk usage(250MB). So normally up to 100MB or even more should be ok.

Of course such a very big database probably implies that the website is very popular/busy and resource intensive, which isn't really allowed.
goblinish
Its ok, our database is only 5mb Smile (just slightly on the nose of being too big for phpadmin to upload i think)

Thanks. Very Happy
Bondings
goblinish wrote:
Its ok, our database is only 5mb Smile (just slightly on the nose of being too big for phpadmin to upload i think)

Thanks. Very Happy

Well actually there are programs that split it up in several smaller parts (or you can do it manually if you know where to split it).
goblinish
I have taken you up on your generous offer, and uploaded the .sql and pm`d you the details. Thanks mate. Smile
Bondings
Well I put it in the database. It went a bit too quick imo (a few seconds), so I hope everything went fine.
goblinish
HI.
Yes, it is working perfectly so far! Thanks very much for your help!

Just gotta change a few paths etc, and my forum will be going agian. Razz
goblinish
Humm.

Now im getting errors when posting messages on my forum.

such as

Quote:
Error in posting

DEBUG MODE

INSERT INTO phpbb_posts (topic_id, forum_id, poster_id, post_username, post_time, poster_ip, enable_bbcode, enable_html, enable_smilies, enable_sig) VALUES (0, 9, 2, '', 1154176700, '3e3853f0', 1, 1, 1, 1)

Line : 271
File : functions_post.php

When trying to post a new message,

Then it will say `no posts` in the releven forum on the index page, even tho when you go into the forum you can see posts there.

Do you think you could re-upload the database? Maybe something DID go wrong after all.. Rolling Eyes
Bondings
In both the phpbb_posts and phpbb_topics table, the primary index (post_id and topic_id) weren't set to auto_increment and that's why the default number 0 was used which caused an error. (it should cause one)

http://retrogamingscoreboard.frih.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=205
goblinish
Thanks a lot mate.

Everything does seem to be ok now Cool
Bondings
I also made the privmsgs_id to auto_increment in phpMyAdmin as the pm's gave an error. Let's hope everything is working fine now.
goblinish
Started getting this error when trying to add a poll in forum posts..

Quote:
Error in posting

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1196 Warning: Some non-transactional changed tables couldn't be rolled back

INSERT INTO phpbb_vote_desc (topic_id, vote_text, vote_start, vote_length) VALUES (211, 'How do you rate this game then', 1155167635, 0)

Line : 295
File : functions_post.php

Any ideas?
Bondings
It's most likely the same thing I guess. If there is a vote_id or something similar in that table, try to set it to auto_increment.
goblinish
Hello.
I managed to figure out how to do what you said, and it seems to have fixed the problem ok! Thanks again.Smile
Strange tho, how it came up, as polls were working fine for a while, but anyway cheers.

Cool
alkutob
it is really an interesting topic where I found some useful ideas that can help me to manage with such problems .

thank you Bondings 4 your support