FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mai Otome or Mai Hime??

jimbluey
Which one is better? For me, it would be Mai Hime since it's the first one, cause for all i've seen, the first one are better than the continue. But hey, what's your opinion?
Scaramanga
Oh this is a good one, and one that's really hard to answer. Now I never saw the last 3 or 4 episodes of Mai-Hime, but I'm aware of generally how it ended, and it's pretty close to how Mai-Otome ends. But in fact they are, while being very similar, also very different shows, with different characters (yes, characters from Hime show up in Otome, but only a few and then much later in the series.) But if I really had to come down to brass tacks, I'd say I liked Otome better. And in fact, instead of disliking it as a sequel (which it only obliquely is,) I am looking forward to the forthcoming OVAs and possible third "season" in the Mai- series.
Revvion
i liked otome more, i think its because its more technologie than magic
driftingfe3s
I'd like to see more replies on this once since I've only seen Mai Hime. I saw one episode of Mai Otome and I guess I didn't like it becuase I had missed the characters from Hime and I had gone into watching it thinking it was a direct sequel involvining the same main characters. But if there is a lot of people likeing Otome better than I may give it another chance.
Scaramanga
driftingfe3s wrote:
I'd like to see more replies on this once since I've only seen Mai Hime. I saw one episode of Mai Otome and I guess I didn't like it becuase I had missed the characters from Hime and I had gone into watching it thinking it was a direct sequel involvining the same main characters. But if there is a lot of people likeing Otome better than I may give it another chance.

Like I mentioned, a few people from Mai-Hime show up towards the end of Otome. Unfortunately, not much is explained as to the relationship between the two shows (as it's obvious there is SOME sort of connection.) Hopefully the OVAs and possible third season will shed some light on it.
carlokes
I cannot speak about Mai-Otome because I haven't seen any episode. Howerver i've been watching Mai-Hime and I think it is a really nice show worth watching. I'm not saying is a super uber show but it is a good show !! I like the sotry and how it evolves.
vesves
i agree mai hime and the story line is much more better then the mai otome...well i am a an anime fans ^^ i watch so much anime and my opinion ,,,mai hime better...i just love mai and mikoto...even natsuki is rocks,,,i still like mai ^^ pure princess XD
justjess
I'll have to say that I like Mai-HiME better, if only because I suffered from Mai-withdrawal so much that I wasn't capable of finishing Mai-OTOME. Sad, yes, but true. Mai was my favorite character, and the new girl (I can't even remember her name now) was somewhat... irksome.

On the other hand, now that I know that more characters show up later in the series, I feel motivated to try to watch it again. Mai-HiME would probably still get my vote, though, because now I'm biased. Very Happy
Scaramanga
justjess wrote:
I'll have to say that I like Mai-HiME better, if only because I suffered from Mai-withdrawal so much that I wasn't capable of finishing Mai-OTOME. Sad, yes, but true. Mai was my favorite character, and the new girl (I can't even remember her name now) was somewhat... irksome.

On the other hand, now that I know that more characters show up later in the series, I feel motivated to try to watch it again. Mai-HiME would probably still get my vote, though, because now I'm biased. Very Happy

Uhhh yeah if Mai was your favourite character you really missed out, as she is one of the characters who makes an appearance later in the series (as well as Mikoto and Miyu.) Also, a few of the characters from Hime have sort of counerparts in this show (so while it's obviously not the same character, there is an obvious influence, and the character designs are the same.)
Bakufu
Mai Hime and Mai Otome are diferents, but I prefer Hime because of the story line but I like too much the action in Mai Otome. My favourite character is Shizuru, I love her XD.

Have anyone read the manga of Mai Hime? It's too diferent from the original anime. I like it too, but the anime is better.
mtoni
Mai Hime.. its original and pure..
Otome is funny in its own way, but it is a bit too much over the top..
sugar-poo
Mai Hime ofcourse. Although I though Mai Otome and Mai Hime is the same -.-" But I read Mai Hime in http://anime-source.com and it's pretty cool. Those magic were great.