You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Learning progress

Can you share any detail about your country's learning progress?
I am quite curious about how everyone learns and upgrade to senior high or college and reach the goal in the world. Please post your experience and especially your country's name.
In America we enroll our kids in school, forget about them, and pray they do ok. That must explain why some of America's kids don't know their anus from their elbow. The public school system is totally flawed in America, not all... but most...

EDIT: In America, a high school diploma is steadily losing value, anyone can now skip 80% of school and go to an alternative school and have credit practically handed to them in a matter of of a few months.
Uhmm, our value of college diploma is also declining.
More and more people become college students. There is even a joke that if you throw out a stone to the street, you may kill plenty of college students.
I am from Canada. Here's, like most other places, has education, but in the end it all depends on the student. It is part of the law to be taught, either at home or at school, but following the cirriculum.

In canada, your 15% taxes of GST and PST cover you until university/college. We have JR then SR. Kindergarden to gr. 6 for elementary school. Grades 7 and 8 for middle school and grades 9 to 12 as high school. After that, it tottaly depends on the individual even more.

From what I've seen, most people try hard enough to get a job, except for those people (1 or 2) who never study or do anything, skip a lot of classes and fail a lot of stuff. People don't usually fail, the cirriculum in Canada, if not easy before has made itslef easier.
Basically, we define elementary school and junior high as obligation education. That means every citizen has to go to school. Till high school, everyone should choose his road; some may still study high school course while some may go straight to work in the society. As for myself, I chose to be a high student and now I am going to college student. At the present time, I am wondering what kind of department suits me.
Well, we have preparing groups in some schools, then elementary school, then secondary school, then something like pre-graduate school (and not college - 9-11 forms) or college with 5 courses. Then graduate school with 5 courses too. You can study in twice and get 2 graduate occupations.
Well in England we spend 6 years in primary school, practically messing about it seems. Then another 5 at secondary school. There are five keys primarily: Key Stage 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Key Stages:

Key Stage 1: Years 1 and 2 [aged 5-7, primary school]
Key Stage 2: Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 [aged 7-11 primary school]
Key Stage 3: Years 7, 8 and 9 [aged 11-14 secondary school]
Key Stage 4: Years 10 and 11 [aged 14-16 secondary school]
Key Stage 5: Sixth Form [aged 16-18 secondary school, or college]*
Onwards: University if you want

*not compulsory

Effectively Key Stage 4 is when we take our GCSE's that determine what courses we can get into at college and also what jobs we can get in the future.
i came from China. Ours looks like this:

kindergarten: - 7/8
the elementary school (5 years): 7-11 or 8-12
the junior school (4 years): 12-15 or 11-14
the senior high school (3 years): 15-18 or 14-17

then university ...
and different district may have a little different difference.
Hi In Australia we have basically 3 levels of educational bodies

- Primary School
Grade 1 - 6 (5 years - 12years)
- High School
Year 7 - 12 (12 - 18 years)
- University
- 18 onwards

Differnt States in Australia have some slight variations - but this is the basics
I'm from America and we basically have 3 schools (4 if you count college)

Elementary school grades 1-5
Middle school grades 6-8
High school grades 9-12

But as some of you were saying a high school diploma is losing its value, well if you're trying to get a good job pertaining to your diploma then as my 10th grade english teacher said "A lot of times it's not what you know but who you know".
I am from Poland Smile and we have 3 schools(5 if you count kindergarten and university but you must pass only 3 schools).

4-6 kindergarten
- - - - -
7-13years - primary school
14-16years - secondary school
16-18years - high school
- - - - -
18onwards - university
I am in Hong Kong.
The learning progress in Hong Kong is quite complicated.
Let me show you as follows,
Age 1 - 2 -- Preschool Learning
Age 3 - 5 -- Kid Garden
Age 6 - 11-- Primary School
Age 12-17 -- Secondary School
Age 18-21 -- University
i am from holland.

kindergarten (kleuterschool)
groupe 1+2 (4 and 5 years' old

primary school
groupe 3-8 (6 untill 12 years old)

secondary school
grade 1-4 (13 untill 16 years old)
to prepare for mediocre profficiency jobs like barber, secretary etc.)

grade 1-5 (13 untill 17 years old)
to prepare for high(er) profficiency jobs like teacher or lower management, journalist; more practical aim

grade 1-6 (13 untill 18 years old)
to prepare for university; more strategic-analytic aim)

4 years mostly (19 untill 22 years old)
3 years bachelor, then 1, 2, or a 3-years-master)

of course this is the nominal durance